• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ghost Cities caused by over zealous Chinese buyers. Perhaps the word "Ghost Cities" is over hyped but it is true that apartment blocks are left vacant by these Chinese buyers. It happened in London where many apartments bought by Mid East, Russians, Chinese are left vacant. It happened in Sydney and Melbourne and it will happen in Iskandar especially those by Chinese developers. Hopefully one be careful of where to place your wagers.

Buy small, don't buy big is the best way forward, me think.

Yes exactly right, at least you post my thoughts to a tee, be careful of Iskandar it is nowhere as developed as large cities, so the big bloodbath is coming.

Luckily now I am lepak lepak only, waiting to pick up the pieces when the time is right. Just seen some houses in Taman Austin rental only RM1600 per month, I am not rushing anywhere.

I was also checking out some shops in Molek area RM3m a pop, and owners there have strong holding power. I think timing not right already.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes exactly right, at least you post my thoughts to a tee, be careful of Iskandar it is nowhere as developed as large cities, so the big bloodbath is coming.

Luckily now I am lepak lepak only, waiting to pick up the pieces when the time is right. Just seen some houses in Taman Austin rental only RM1600 per month, I am not rushing anywhere.

I was also checking out some shops in Molek area RM3m a pop, and owners there have strong holding power. I think timing not right already.

Molek is no good for shops, and the towkays there are all filthy rich with strong holding power. Mount Austin and Sutera Utama are better areas for shop lots.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Molek is no good for shops, and the towkays there are all filthy rich with strong holding power. Mount Austin and Sutera Utama are better areas for shop lots.

Yes agree but the shop houses well designed with proper parking in front and facing busy road.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone ever noticed that many of these 2 or 3 storey shophouses, the 2nd and 3rd level are unoccupied and left vacant for years and can be found even in the town area and many mature estates.
Worse, some became living quarters of foreign workers (easy to tell with their laundry hanging all over).

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone ever noticed that many of these 2 or 3 storey shophouses, the 2nd and 3rd level are unoccupied and left vacant for years and can be found even in the town area and many mature estates.
Worse, some became living quarters of foreign workers (easy to tell with their laundry hanging all over).

True. That is one of the main reason I don't touch shophouses or I don't know how it work.
Maybe in Singapore it is different.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is why buying anything for investment in Johor is extremely tricky. But if your investment sense is good, all 3 to 4 levels can be rented out and get good yield, one tip is to always weight the investment based on worse case scenario. If acceptable, buy, if not, move on.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. That is one of the main reason I don't touch shophouses or I don't know how it work.

In Singapore especially in the past, say the 90s, you can buy a shop house in town for about $1m and get $18k rental per month.....nowadays no more such opportunities.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2cents is investing in SG is a good option. West is looking promising.
As with all Investments, Timeline is important. Location too.
It's also not that difficult to rent out your unit.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whether it is ground floor or upper floor, they are all grouped into the commercial/retail spaces.
Looking at the numerous unoccupied newly completed units where even the ground floor are vacant (example like Sutera Utama, completed for 2 years now) plus the hundreds of unoccupied upper floor units all over, the occupation rate for commercial/retail units should be well below 65%!
And they are still building and building!!

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big countries, Johor will be worse still, Iskandar only a few years into development, bloodbath akan datang, why all sinkies so stupid? Always thinking properties will be good investment like land strapped island.

The more you post about OZ properties the more the warning applies to Iskandar.

Medini%20bare%20land%20to%20post2_zpsiz6n9sly.jpg

A photo I took while exploring Medini. Look at how huge the land they have there. This area is not even planned yet. In the distant right side of the picture, you can see many condos currently under construction.

This area is of course not the only bare land available. There are lots and lots elsewhere.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property investment is for long term, the believe of a vision. If you don't see that vision in 10 to 20 years, better to stay away. No doubt the vacant land has a chance to remain as vacant for the next 20 years.

If 20 years ago you go to Melbourne and tell the people the house within 10 km of city will jump from 100k to 1 million plus today, they say you siao. If 20 years ago you tell hdb owners their same unit will jump from 40k to 500k today, they say you siao.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Property investment is for long term, the believe of a vision. If you don't see that vision in 10 to 20 years, better to stay away. No doubt the vacant land has a chance to remain as vacant for the next 20 years.

If 20 years ago you go to Melbourne and tell the people the house within 10 km of city will jump from 100k to 1 million plus today, they say you siao. If 20 years ago you tell hdb owners their same unit will jump from 40k to 500k today, they say you siao.

20 year appreciation is only considered adjustment for inflation lah, not investment, especially with bank loan interest north of 4% . Either you guys are lousy investors, or in total denial.

Anyway I can bet even given 20 years, Iskandar property cannot even compare with 20 year appreciation of HDB.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini%20bare%20land%20to%20post2_zpsiz6n9sly.jpg

A photo I took while exploring Medini. Look at how huge the land they have there. This area is not even planned yet. In the distant right side of the picture, you can see many condos currently under construction.

This area is of course not the only bare land available. There are lots and lots elsewhere.

Yes, so any appreciation would be wiped out by simply building more.