• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh..but this is true.

only rich people can afford to retire comfortably here. for most people either those having only a hdb or those still having to pay a big amout of condo loan, jb seems a viable option to retire if not really keen on pushing trolley at supermaekets or airport after retirement.

anyway the job stability now is a serious problem. for most of us who are engineers, really doubt can work till 65 or 60? not likely. most have to retire in 50s. no choice.

some people also retire in bintan. that is a far more ulu place.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...s-top-picks-for-elite-malaysians-survey-shows

Sad that (failed?) Singaporeans have to go to JB to live, when the richer well-to-do Malaysians are buying houses in OZ and Singapore.

All the rubbish about having more space and enjoy the openness is BS, just no money to live in Singapore and else where, Johor is last resort.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh..but this is true.

only rich people can afford to retire comfortably here. for most people either those having only a hdb or those still having to pay a big amout of condo loan, jb seems a viable option to retire if not really keen on pushing trolley at supermaekets or airport after retirement.

anyway the job stability now is a serious problem. for most of us who are engineers, really doubt can work till 65 or 60? not likely. most have to retire in 50s. no choice.

some people also retire in bintan. that is a far more ulu place.

Nothing wrong with that, actually my point is to blame the PAP for this, as it is sad that most Singaporeans are driven out.

I put failed in inverted commas, as it is relative, failed in Singapore may mean Huat in Third World countries, so don't go jumping.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with that, actually my point is to blame the PAP for this, as it is sad that most Singaporeans are driven out.

I put failed in inverted commas, as it is relative, failed in Singapore may mean Huat in Third World countries, so don't go jumping.

Wow, I didnt know doctors working in Singapore and living in JB are considered as "failed". The bar in SG now is certainly set high!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
IR8A does not in any sense give an indication of anyone's net worth. Please do not be stupid.

There you have it. Inherited house masquerading as Top 10 %, and still so full of oneself. *Yawns*

I just finished a meeting with 4 young Datos. At least they have drive and 白手起家....

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
There you have it. Inherited house masquerading as Top 10 %, and still so full of oneself. *Yawns*

I just finished a meeting with 4 young Datos. At least they have drive and 白手起家....

Not all inherited. Nuf said. Parents still alive and kicking.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Out of the small group of 21 individuals who said they owned homes overseas, Australia topped the chart at 23 per cent, while Singapore, India and Germany were also popular choices at 20 per cent, 18 per cent and eight per cent respectively.
Other locations where respondents owned homes are Hong Kong (7 per cent), Japan (6 per cent), China (5 per cent), Thailand (5 per cent) and the UK (4 per cent)."

Poll from 21 people only leh...slice and dice into astonishing 9 countries...lihai this data scientist.

Then got 1 top 9% rich use it this slam whole generation of singaporean...lagi lihai this d'millionaire. Over educated syndrome.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps you would like to scan a copy of your IR8A (name blanked out) to see how you compare with the laggards?

In this cyberspace, anyone can be anybody behind that nick and when you think you're dealing with a guy, it's a she actually and worse, maybe an old spinster with too much free time.
And usually those who talk big are actually not too big at all and for all you know, maybe just another not too successful property agent mingling here.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
And usually those who talk big are actually not too big at all and for all you know, maybe just another not too successful property agent mingling here.

Ha ha to you everyone else is talk big, for me I am just stating the facts. If I want to talk big, I would say I own properties in London, Paris, New York and jet all over the world.

Also dunno why you guys always like to say unsuccessful agents are posting here, we all know that the Johor property forums are only populated by those who buy below RM1m properties and this is way below the threshold of SG properties, so they won't waste their time here.....there is no market to talk down to, so don't flatter yourselves, SG property agents are not interested in you or your money.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this cyberspace, anyone can be anybody behind that nick and when you think you're dealing with a guy, it's a she actually and worse, maybe an old spinster with too much free time.

Property Agents who else. Someone must have paid them to say Iskandar very dangerous place to invest. Stupid place leh. All sure kena forced sale one. Singapore is the best. Australia is better than the best. Then hopefully some people would ask them for advice where to invest. :p

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
a few weeks ago there is an article on the newspaper.... somone bought a luxury condo @ sentosa at 10 mil sgd and two or three years later cut losses by selling at 5mil sgd.

A loss of 5 mil sgd materialized in two years for that person. it must be a super rich investor who chose to buy into sentosa. no beaches, no view and lots of cranes in sight.

Property Agents who else. Someone must have paid them to say Iskandar very dangerous place to invest. Stupid place leh. All sure kena forced sale one. Singapore is the best. Australia is better than the best. Then hopefully some people would ask them for advice where to invest. :p

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funni, I think standing at MRT with flyers will get faster and more results ha ha ha ha ha. Must be a complete dumbo agent to try and trawl these bare bone forums.

Property agents, hear that? There are no fish here!!!

Now guys, happy now? No property agents will come here anymore.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
a few weeks ago there is an article on the newspaper.... somone bought a luxury condo @ sentosa at 10 mil sgd and two or three years later cut losses by selling at 5mil sgd.

A loss of 5 mil sgd materialized in two years for that person. it must be a super rich investor who chose to buy into sentosa. no beaches, no view and lots of cranes in sight.

Coca Cola also the best. At frist it is good to drink, then it is bad for health and now also can use to clean toilets.
Property agents like salesmen sibeh lihai.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coca Cola also the best. At frist it is good to drink, then it is bad for health and now also can use to clean toilets.
Property agents like salesmen sibeh lihai.

Property agents only li hai when buyers are boey li hai.......so many sales men for Johor property here, everyday say life so good in Iskandar, so cheap in Johor, and I am not budging one inch....I more li hai bo? LOL!!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
McDermott, Technip and Subsea 7 are not the only service players in the oil and gas sector in Singapore, facing rising costs amidst declining revenue, who are set to relocate to Malaysia completely to cut costs, according to the Financial Times (FT). “There’s damage being inflicted on the city state by the slump in oil prices.”

Patently, Malaysia is cheaper than Singapore in many areas and made even cheaper by the decline in the ringgit. Real estate costs less, reducing expenditure on commercial property and staff housing. It’s also cheaper to buy or lease cars in Malaysia.
It’s expensive to own cars in Singapore, as a result of high registration fees and taxes and the high costs of securing a “certificate of entitlement” for the privilege of owning a car.

Singapore, despite having no oil and gas resources, was one of the top three refining centres in the world. However, Malaysia was increasingly competing with Singapore in the region’s oil, gas and petrochemicals markets, seizing opportunities. Already, the national oil corporation Petronas, is building a refinery in Johor, just across from Singapore.

Oslo-listed Subsea 7, an engineering contractor for offshore oil and gas, told FT that it was “committed to streamlining processes, reducing costs and finding efficiencies given ongoing market conditions”. Still, the company’s logistics base, an office managing offshore personnel and a unit handling inspection, maintenance and repair, are all in Singapore for now.

US-based McDermott, an oil and gas services firm, hopes its relocation to Malaysia would help it take advantage of the lower costs in its new base, and give it a larger presence given its proximity to customers.

France’ Technip, an oilfield services outfit, decided to focus only on Malaysia at the end of 2014 to rationalise costs, said the company in a statement. “Technip previously had two subsea hubs in Southeast Asia, one in Kuala Lumpur and another in Singapore.”