• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
But do not be lulled into false security, the property is still a ticking time bomb and you may be just be delaying the inevitable, still have to consider bad tenants, break-in while the unit is vacant and deteriorating maintenance. If sgcount could at least move there at least he can enjoy the place and treat it like buying a car.

Time will heal mistakes in property investment if there are no major social economic upset.

When maintenance and security are done properly, there should not be major issues in the mid to long term.

Some Medini properties next to the business park with 129 years leasehold are still quite okay.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time will heal mistakes in property investment if there are no major social economic upset.

When maintenance and security are done properly, there should not be major issues in the mid to long term.

Some Medini properties next to the business park with 129 years leasehold are still quite okay.

Sure I agree, but the problem is how much time have we got? Time is money and opportunity.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok cool it guys....

That's why I meant when I say you guys are rich "buggers" (in a good sense, as a joke, no offence) here!

Can tell from the way you all talk. Retirees or rich uncles who have time and money. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok cool it guys....

That's why I meant when I say you guys are rich "buggers" (in a good sense, as a joke, no offence) here!

Can tell from the way you all talk. Retirees or rich uncles who have time and money. :smile:

Too bad I am neither rich nor got lot of time.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I can't sell now. When I mentioned to give up, I mean dump it. Cut immediate loss. All my previous deposits will be forfeited and I will incur some extra charges on the paperwork.

Even if I am allowed to sell on the market, I am 100% sure no one wants it after I reduce the price by 30%. The property market in Iskandar is really that bad. There are tons of units still unsold now.

Even those very few projects which have recently been completed, selling them off is close to impossible. Rental is low and dismal.

So that's why I projected when the tens of thousands of new ones appear in 2-4 years time, it's going to get a lot worse. The "doom and gloom" news we often hear about Iskandar is not exaggerated.

People often slam the netizens and even the SG government and media for painting such a bleak picture about Iskandar. But if you read carefully, I don't think they have done that. They are warning people that it is the RESIDENTIAL properties in Iskandar that buyers have to be wary about. They did not say Iskandar will not progress or it's a failure.

However, having all those new amenities and offices coming up does not mean the rental investment or property market there will boom. Cos ultimately, it's still the hard figures/data that will reveal the truth. I read not too long ago someone compile a list of condos in Iskandar: Puteri Harbour, Medini, Bukit Indah, old JB, Danga Bay that will be ready from 2013-18. There are altogether 84 projects! I didn't bother counting the total number, but it's definitely some 60,000 or more condo units by 2018. That's a super huge supply in a short time.

I think the SG government knows that many Singaporeans have gone in there in the hope of renting them out or for capital appreciation, given that they are unqualified to dabble in SG properties due to the cooling measures. Even the UMNO guy came out to say Iskandar has never been targeted for residential investment. Their main aim is for offices and corporations to be there. And I quote roughly, he said: "If investors want to come and buy up properties in Iskandar, that's their choice. It's the risk they want to take and we can't stop them. We didn't plan Iskandar to be for residential purpose." If their own Malaysian officials are not optimistic or show support for such residential investments, I think it says a lot about the gloomy outlook of Iskandar properties for investment.

About the part on "low price and proximity", I can only agree that those who bought it during about 2010 or earlier, that's true. One of the mistakes I made was back in 2013. There was so much report on Iskandar being the "darling" of investors in Singapore. That was also the year the SG government introduced more cooling measures. We were shut out and I remember wanting a bite of the Iskandar pie. But I didn't do enough homework to check on the prices, future rental capability, etc.

My Malaysian friends told me the price I bought and prices now have all been super inflated. It's not something their own people will even consider. Such properties are for foreigners to play with. Their locals won't touch them. Indeed, RM800k for eg, for a large 2-bedroom condo is impossible to get in SG. Sounds cheap to us. But to their locals, it's way overpriced. A landed property bought in 2010 or before that cost like what... RM200+k? It's low risk.

The question is, who's going to buy a RM800k condo say 5 years from now for say RM1 million (assuming RM200k capital appreciation which I highly doubt)? Even if it is sold at cost RM800k, people will not bother taking a look when there are thousands others selling, and there are newer ones coming up costing the same or even slightly cheaper.

Proximity-wise, they always advertise Iskandar as 15 minutes from CIQ. That's misleading of course. The whole drive, including the frequent jams, could typically take 1.5 hr on average to be safe?

Ok.... The above is just an "academic" discussion. I'm not complaining or anything. Just having a "coffee shop" discussion. Please share if you have your views.

Hopefully, those who haven't bought will learn from my experience and make your own careful decision. Or those who have bought mainly as an investment, you should perhaps start considering where you should be heading now....

Good post. The best part is I have the strong feeling that locals are *happy* that singaporeans / Sing PR from other states are getting burnt.
JB is only for fun such as lepak in your own landed house, go mamak, go limkopi etc. Dont put too much money into property there. Remember that even paper gain is useless if YOU CAN"T SELL OFF THAT PROPERTY.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
wakao ... i was hoping to buy ikea furniture for my house... there goes my dream of turning my house into IKEA showroom

and what is this:

"King said the company was currently searching for locations to set up the stores in Johor and Penang. "

uh oh.

It is not easy to buy furniture and send to Singapore. IKEA Johor is likely to serve the locals' needs.

It may be split into two sites in Johor like in Singapore. My guess is it will stay put in Tebrau as it got its huge land cheap many years ago and population is already there, follow by setting up another one in Penang, and lastly one more at Nusajaya (possibly Medini). It may buy its land way ahead of its construction.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good post. The best part is I have the strong feeling that locals are *happy* that singaporeans / Sing PR from other states are getting burnt.
JB is only for fun such as lepak in your own landed house, go mamak, go limkopi etc. Dont put too much money into property there. Remember that even paper gain is useless if YOU CAN"T SELL OFF THAT PROPERTY.

Yes... I've been warned by a few friends and property investors with good intentions. They told me it's no joking matter. Many are not feeling it now only because their loans have not kicked in. Once that happens, those who are stuck with their properties may cry or start feeling the pain. It's not that they have no holding power. But that their money is not working for them but draining away.

So my conclusion so far is that, Iskandar properties are to be bought only if one has NO intention to get back the money for a long time... or maybe forever while he or she is still alive.

Good thing there is quite a handful here who are buying to relax and enjoy their properties in Iskandar. Main thing is, they can afford to lose that few hundred thousand $ as they are millionaires.

If I could turn back time, I would definitely not touch them, whether or not they are in Puteri Harbour with nice view and I can afford it. But no point crying over spilt milk. I have to admit my (bad) choice, see if I can change my mindset on the personal use of that property, or take steps to cut loss. Still keeping my options open.