• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big time S$ investing in Malaysia...who is more stupid? I think better not come and kena conned, watch from sides and comment will do.
Let others die first. Then come later and buy those fire sales. Huat!! Clever, right?

Any indicative price for fire sales or launch price ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come those PG never advise the stupid sinkie developer not to come to doom ghost town ? Stop this one , can save thousands of stupid sinkies from being con later .:biggrin:

Aya land cheap cheap sinkies cannot resist, anyway if land cheap cheap they sell few units already cover costs, become ghost town later is not their problem.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not yet launch yet,how to have fire sales?

Singaporeans kena conned because they are greedy or ignorant.
So this time no matter how cheap, make sure don't kena conned, ok?

Yeah totally agree, without any population, no matter how good also how to succeed? Little red dot have over 5 million population already considered overbuilt now, many vacant units, Johor is nearly 30 times larger with 3.5 million population is ghost town compared to Singapore.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive One World Medini project to be launched by Singapore boutique developer , Link (THM) Group.
MEGA residential and commercial project , with gross development value of RM2.5 billion.
Total 7 blocks: 4 towers of service apartments/ residences and 3 office blocks
1.1 million sq ft of retail. THM is already an established retail player.
Construction will begin once they secure a suitable contractor before end 2016.
Launching strata office unit in the next 3 months , size ranging from 530-630 sq ft.

This is the piece of empty land between Pinewood and Puteri Harbour. It looked like Sunway Iskandar will have a big competitor.

View attachment 28644

How reliable is this news ? They have been quiet for so long, what has changed that they decided to launch? Is it because they see that the coastal highway southern link is real and will be ready by Apr 17 ? Is it because they see other activities are picking up ?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you been to forest city and have a look?

Yes the last time I was there ( been there 10 times ) was 6 months ago. Ever since I got no time to visit FC because everytime I go, I see Bumis ( 80% ) cheonging the place and make the whole place look like Putrajaya. Maybe things have changed though. Many are from nearby kampongs using the facilities and beach there

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
How reliable is this news ? They have been quiet for so long, what has changed that they decided to launch? Is it because they see that the coastal highway southern link is real and will be ready by Apr 17 ? Is it because they see other activities are picking up ?

Based on Link (THM) Group portfolio, they had so far been only doing very small scale residential development.
Their main business is still in fashion and retail business without any prior experience in large scale residential/commercial development.
To embark suddenly on a massive multi billion development in JB is too much a risk for them and they may not get the partnership or financing so easily.
So near to launching and still so little info and marketing on this project may also means nothing may happen at all.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually they were involved in Medini since 2013. Very ambitious but then you never know. No one throw billions without knowing their business. Even banks would not allow it. Then again, any new development is good news. Whether it is ghost or not, no one bothers. Timeline is too long.
I think they are looking at PRCs from FC for their retails.

THM.JPG

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually they were involved in Medini since 2013. Very ambitious but then you never know. No one throw billions without knowing their business. Even banks would not allow it. Then again, any new development is good news. Whether it is ghost or not, no one bothers. Timeline is too long.

This new kid on the block with no experience should take a good look first at what his more experienced and wealthier big boys are doing or not doing in Iskandar, otherwise they'll be in for a big big surprise.
1. CapitaLand announced in 2013 about a multi-billion joint-venture project in Danga Bay is being delayed again and again and now in 2016, still no news when are they starting.
2. Billionaire Peter Lim's project, motorsports hub FASTrack Iskandar is still on the drawing board year after year. Another mega project Vintage Bay is also delayed again after changing from being residential to healthcare complex.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 28649[/

I wonder how this one world medini is able to secure the financing for the project, and this project doesn't seem to have any backing from big boys. If the project doesn't sell, it will go under before you know it and the banks will pull the plug, assuming the banks are willing to lend in the first place.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wonder how this one world medini is able to secure the financing for the project, and this project doesn't seem to have any backing from big boys. If the project doesn't sell, it will go under before you know it and the banks will pull the plug, assuming the banks are willing to lend in the first place.

Not to worry la, it will be a non event eventually, just that some people wanted to post this to make it sound like tons of people are coming to invest in Iskandar...........you know, those banging on their little gongs - chang! chamg! chang! shouting : "卖膏药", "卖膏药", selling snake oil in the night market to draw attention???

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 28649[/

That's why I say, don't kena conned this time,some more by own Singapore people. Just watch from the sidelines and look first. Warning given liao.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: Johor offers good growth prospects and business opportunities for domestic and foreign investors, especially in the country’s first economic growth corridor Iskandar Malaysia.

State MCA liaison committee secretary Chia Soon Cheng said the economic growth corridor has continued to attract strong interest from investors since its inception on Nov 4, 2006.

“Iskandar Malaysia is moving in the right direction with the progress and development taking place as outlined under its comprehensive development plan,’’ he said at the opening of the 6th Malaysia International Industrial Machinery Expo here.

Chia said that Iskandar Malaysia was the most successful economic growth corridor in Malaysia compared with four other economic growth corridors in the country.

Iskandar Malaysia is three times bigger than Singapore and two times the size of Hong Kong – it is divided into five flagship zones – JB City Centre, Iskandar Puteri formerly known as Nusajaya, Eastern Gate Development Zone, Western Gate Development Zone and Senai-Kulai.

The other corridors are the Northern Corridor Economic Region, the East Coast Economic Region, the Sabah Development Corridor and the Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy.

Statistics from the Iskandar Regional Development Authority showed Iskandar Malaysia had from Nov 4, 2006 until to date recorded about RM208bil in total cumulative committed investments.

“Johor also remains as the top investment destination in the manufacturing sector in the country in the past six years,’’ he said.

Chia said Iskandar Malaysia’s close proximity to Singapore was an added advantage as investors and businesses have the best of both worlds.

The southernmost state in the peninsula recorded almost RM86.3bil in investments in the manufacturing sector from 2010 to 2015.

The influx of domestic and foreign investors from 2011 until 2015 in Johor, had created some 125,300 new job opportunities in several sectors.

The manufacturing sector alone provided over 20,000 new job opportunities, of which 92% are for semi-skilled and skilled workers.

Statistics from the Malaysian Investment Development Authority showed Johor had in 2013 received RM14.4bil in investment in the manufacturing sector and the figure went up to RM21.1bil in 2014 and RM30bil in 2015.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say, don't kena conned this time,some more by own Singapore people. Just watch from the sidelines and look first. Warning given liao.

I was very surprised when I read the article. Everything has been so quiet in the past 2-3 years. Many other developments in Medini and Danga Bay have been put on hold indefinitely. Many shops, offices, and residential units are empty now in Medini. Then suddenly this developer Link (THM) announced they will be building a large scale project in Medini!

Do they know something we don't? Where are they getting their money from? Or are they taking a gamble and think by 2020, Medini will become big?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was very surprised when I read the article. Everything has been so quiet in the past 2-3 years. Many other developments in Medini and Danga Bay have been put on hold indefinitely. Many shops, offices, and residential units are empty now in Medini. Then suddenly this developer Link (THM) announced they will be building a large scale project in Medini!

Do they know something we don't? Where are they getting their money from? Or are they taking a gamble and think by 2020, Medini will become big?

Actually, if you look around, you don't find many SG developers in JB, despite the close proximity.
Big boys like CDL, Wheelock, Far East, etc are all not coming in as yet and nothing is also happening to CapitaLand's proposed multi-billion project in Danga Bay since the announcement in 2013.
These people are always on the lookout for opportunities, whether in SG or abroad, to develop residential/commercial projects but their lacking in participation in JB is strangely unusual.
So, maybe there is something that they know and we don't know?

As for that One World Medini thingy, it had been all talk and no action also since 2013, no marketing, no promotion brochure, no road show, nothing, so, also expect no show la.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, if you look around, you don't find many SG developers in JB, despite the developemity.
Big boys like CDL, Wheelock, Far East, etc are all not coming in as yet and nothing is also happening to CapitaLand's proposed multi-billion project in Danga Bay since the announcement in 2013.
These people are always on the lookout for opportunities, whether in SG or abroad, to develop residential/commercial projects but their lacking in participation in JB is strangely unusual.
So, maybe there is something that they know and we don't know?

As for that One World Medini thingy, it had been all talk and no action also since 2013, no marketing, no promotion brochure, no road show, nothing, so, also expect no show la.

Ok... so u do think it's just talk only from Link (THM)? Ya, only now do we see the design from them. There are actually many other developments in Medini that are also put on hold.

I think the developers all thought there would be a big bull run afrer 2013. If that had been the case, we would likely see a very busy and bustling Medini witj many constructions now. Somehow, the steam was cut short quite suddenly from 2014 onwards.

SG developer did go in -- Capitaland. Even they miscalculated. Or some say it's a courtesy the SG govt was trying to show to Najib by parking some money there.

Some developers have gone to Australia. Sadly, property investment there is not so friendly towards foreigners.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok... so u do think it's just talk only from Link (THM)? Ya, only now do we see the design from them. There are actually many other developments in Medini that are also put on hold.

I think the developers all thought there would be a big bull run afrer 2013. If that had been the case, we would likely see a very busy and bustling Medini witj many constructions now. Somehow, the steam was cut short quite suddenly from 2014 onwards.

SG developer did go in -- Capitaland. Even they miscalculated. Or some say it's a courtesy the SG govt was trying to show to Najib by parking some money there.

Some developers have gone to Australia. Sadly, property investment there is not so friendly towards foreigners.

Once the developer had confirmed doing the project, even before the plans were approved, they will be busy doing the marketing and promotion and road show all over the place.
Especially for such a big project, massive marketing program will be done in SG and MY, together with building showroom and sales offices and in other countries they are targeting for the sales and its marketing cost can be sky high.
See how aggressive and lavish were the Chinese developers for their JB projects.
And look at this One World Medini, how many people are even aware of this project?
So, make your own conclusion, are they serious?

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once the developer had confirmed doing the project, even before the plans were approved, they will be busy doing the marketing and promotion and road show all over the place.
Especially for such a big project, massive marketing program will be done in SG and MY, together with building showroom and sales offices and in other countries they are targeting for the sales and its marketing cost can be sky high.
See how aggressive and lavish were the Chinese developers for their JB projects.
And look at this One World Medini, how many people are even aware of this project?
So, make your own conclusion, are they serious?

Maybe it's a case of being overconfident? Interesting to see how some of these people say one thing but do another. Even if they market the project strongly, I doubt there will be many takers.

Sunway Iskandar might stand a better chance because of their track record but still could be tough for them in this very slow property market.