• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property Boom by 2010

jhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
question for u bluefin:

Why does people buying prime property necessarily cause rentals to go up? From what I can see, when there's an economic downturn, property prices fall pretty much like everything else.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
STOCK WILL FALL TO 45 CENTS.... Simon Cheong sold The Marq last at $5,000 psf but that was last year. He has not been able to sell a single unit this year.

The stock dropped from $3.45 to under $1.00 because he has borrowed heavily and gearing is too high

AVOID!!!

Are you sure it will drop to 45c? Recently Simon Cheong in an interview with Biz Time & ST he said this year he sold 50% of his Marq & Hilltops.

Anyway if he is caught, no problem cos he can turn to his family at Hong Fok for aid.

Today bot somemore at 92.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
question for u bluefin:

Why does people buying prime property necessarily cause rentals to go up? From what I can see, when there's an economic downturn, property prices fall pretty much like everything else.

Location location location, that's why!

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simon did have a good track to make money on the high end market,but of course he is talking for his peanuts($$$)use yr brain and decide what is good for Simon is also good for you or not!

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like SC Global b'cos they bot their land very cheap at The Marq & Hilltops at enbloc sale. They sell The Marq & Hilltops SC Global share will be $5 again.

Believe me you buy, don't believe me u don't buy. As simple as that.

That is IF they manage to sell..... Now... which idiots will buy at $4000 psf in current circumstances ? Good luck.

simbo69

The way I looked at it, this is just the starting, worse is yet to come. Hold on to your money. Property prices should correct to early 2007 range, I don't mean just private property!

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
STOCK WILL FALL TO 45 CENTS.... Simon Cheong sold The Marq last at $5,000 psf but that was last year. He has not been able to sell a single unit this year.

The stock dropped from $3.45 to under $1.00 because he has borrowed heavily and gearing is too high

AVOID!!!

I think you're right Downgrader. That asshole Simon Cheong's SC Global today closed at 0.845c!

Today I cut loss already and I hope that bastard's company go bankrupt!

If that cb kia Simon Cheong didn't tell Bloomberg TV that property price in S'pore will go up and peak in 2010, I wouldn't have gotten involved.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simon is trying to sell his stocks of condo which he has bought at record level. Ya , price of condo or high end property will peak at 2010 ??????? Is he indrirectly asking you to buy pte property now ? Look at his stock , from $3 to less then $1. Think he is going bite the dust if the property don peak by 2010 !

if everyone is buying the property now, don need to wait till 2010 for the property market to peak.

Antisocial

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you're right Downgrader. That asshole Simon Cheong's SC Global today closed at 0.845c!

If that cb kia Simon Cheong didn't tell Bloomberg TV that property price in S'pore will go up and peak in 2010, I wouldn't have gotten involved.

SC price really dropped alot, compared to his peak at $3+.
I wonder how come still got developer willing to bid record level prices from SLA, ie Hoi Hup DBSS at Toa Payoh recently.....

Breakeven price for Hoi Hup is $430 to $500 psf, mind you break even only....

If the markets contiunes like this, i wonder who will be willing to pay $700psf for a HDB?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SC price really dropped alot, compared to his peak at $3+.
I wonder how come still got developer willing to bid record level prices from SLA, ie Hoi Hup DBSS at Toa Payoh recently.....

Breakeven price for Hoi Hup is $430 to $500 psf, mind you break even only....

If the markets contiunes like this, i wonder who will be willing to pay $700psf for a HDB?

Well from the overwhelming success of the recent Ang Moh Kio DBSS sale launch, this end of the market still looks very healthy.

Could be buyers taking advantage of the govt home grant.

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't bother listen to that simon cheong, trying to use the media and speculate the properties price to go up?
everyone knows it's going down and down.by 2010, it will hit rock bottom instead.
simon must be trying very hard to speculate the properties prices up to reduce the losses he's going to incurr.
F you, S.O.B simon.

PropertyWatcher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night at an interview with Bloomberg TV, Simon Cheong of SC Global forecasted that home prices in S'pore will hit record level by 2010.

SC Global which is now trading at 98 cents is a steal. Time to load up SC Global shares.

Simon Cheong can be found at the cricket club moaning away..... If Sibor remains low, he can still finance, but he is in dangerous position because his gearing load is very high. He is seeking financing now, won't be surprised if he joins the Islamic bandwagon but Arabs also very cautious now. Kuwait Finance let its option lapse on prime property in Goodwood and purchased fewer units at better price

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

at least u know when to run. i still holding on to my shares which are falling everyday. hopefully the market can improve soon

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't bother listen to that simon cheong, trying to use the media and speculate the properties price to go up?
everyone knows it's going down and down.by 2010, it will hit rock bottom instead.
simon must be trying very hard to speculate the properties prices up to reduce the losses he's going to incurr.
F you, S.O.B simon.

Thank you for your kind advice.

I regret turning onto Bloomberg financial news.

From what you describe of Simon Cheong, he must be very desperate to go on Bloomberg TV program to promote the high-end residential property market in S'pore.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simon Cheong can be found at the cricket club moaning away..... If Sibor remains low, he can still finance, but he is in dangerous position because his gearing load is very high. He is seeking financing now, won't be surprised if he joins the Islamic bandwagon but Arabs also very cautious now. Kuwait Finance let its option lapse on prime property in Goodwood and purchased fewer units at better price

Very good information. No wonder everyday I drive past the The Marq, 11/2 years after construction had commenced, they are still trying to complete the basement and ground floor.

Pls share more of your inside information.

Thank you.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at least u know when to run. i still holding on to my shares which are falling everyday. hopefully the market can improve soon

In life it's most important to know how to cut loss.

The market will still be around, and hence we can always come back to fight another day.

KheongKarn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night at an interview with Bloomberg TV, Simon Cheong of SC Global forecasted that home prices in S'pore will hit record level by 2010.

SC Global which is now trading at 98 cents is a steal. Time to load up SC Global shares.

He is in property so he must say good thing lah