• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property Boom by 2010

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night at an interview with Bloomberg TV, Simon Cheong of SC Global forecasted that home prices in S'pore will hit record level by 2010.

SC Global which is now trading at 98 cents is a steal. Time to load up SC Global shares.

jhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does Simon Cheong know that? What's Simon's vested interest?

The Singaporean property market is a large, artificial market driven by the government. Also the expatriate rental market is unstable as it ebbs and flows according to global market turns. With the global credit crunch (less cash available for investments), decline of hedge funds (less new funds basing in Singapore), and on going sub prime crisis (less US overseas investments), I'm quite curious how he come to that conclusion.

The ppty market across Asia has already peaked and is now at the point where investors are trying to offload inventory, but are yet unwilling to reduce prices. Perhaps Cheong boy is trying to raise short term prices in order to off load his own investments.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
another kelong talking ...... so accurate everyone HUAT already

He would be someone who's desperately trying to talk up the market :rolleyes:. SC Global is in the so-called upmarket property sector, which is seeing the biggest risk of major downturn..

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello hunter, Simon Cheong's company SC Global is the developer of high end condom, The Marq, Hilltops and Martin 38. They sell for than $4000 psf so SC Global shud make hefty profits.

This morning bought SC Global at 95 cents. It has come down from $3.70 as from Oct 07. Can't go wrong. Hope you grab some too and let's huat together!

How does Simon Cheong know that? What's Simon's vested interest?

The Singaporean property market is a large, artificial market driven by the government. Also the expatriate rental market is unstable as it ebbs and flows according to global market turns. With the global credit crunch (less cash available for investments), decline of hedge funds (less new funds basing in Singapore), and on going sub prime crisis (less US overseas investments), I'm quite curious how he come to that conclusion.

The ppty market across Asia has already peaked and is now at the point where investors are trying to offload inventory, but are yet unwilling to reduce prices. Perhaps Cheong boy is trying to raise short term prices in order to off load his own investments.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night at an interview with Bloomberg TV, Simon Cheong of SC Global forecasted that home prices in S'pore will hit record level by 2010.

SC Global which is now trading at 98 cents is a steal. Time to load up SC Global shares.

u from sc global is it? y only promote their shares?
can buy others like ho bee, wheelock or not?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u from sc global is it? y only promote their shares?
can buy others like ho bee, wheelock or not?

I like SC Global b'cos they bot their land very cheap at The Marq & Hilltops at enbloc sale. They sell The Marq & Hilltops SC Global share will be $5 again.

Believe me you buy, don't believe me u don't buy. As simple as that.

bluefin

Chance to buy low. When everybody rush in to buy, I'll sell.

Property and Gold are inflation hedges which means that, in Spore's context where govt don't blantanly print money, credit creation policies must first be promoted and sold to the peasants or foreigners who then comes in with downpayments and the rest taken up as housing loans and as a result, money is created out of thin air when loans exceed deposits.

Overall money supply is expanded and the currency is debased as more "money" now existed and the ppl who are nearest to the money creation circle such as bankers and property tycoons will naturally try to protect their paper wealth by buying up prime properties and causing rentals to go up and merchants will then demand higher prices for their goods and services to offset the rise in rentals and the common workers will demand more wages to counter the effect of their loss of purchasing powers for the merchants' goods and the cycle feeds on itself and overall inflation is created.

When ppl start defaulting on some of those housing loans, money is destroyed and there are less "money" now in supply then the price of property will fall.

You must get the cause and effect right first.

Cheers

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like SC Global b'cos they bot their land very cheap at The Marq & Hilltops at enbloc sale. They sell The Marq & Hilltops SC Global share will be $5 again.

Believe me you buy, don't believe me u don't buy. As simple as that.

not say dont believe u but most property stocks have come off some 50% off their high last yr. so for eg can also buy wheelock or not ? wheelock also deals with high end condos ie admore etc

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Property and Gold are inflation hedges which means that, in Spore's context where govt don't blantanly print money, credit creation policies must first be promoted and sold to the peasants or foreigners who then comes in with downpayments and the rest taken up as housing loans and as a result, money is created out of thin air when loans exceed deposits.

Overall money supply is expanded and the currency is debased as more "money" now existed and the ppl who are nearest to the money creation circle such as bankers and property tycoons will naturally try to protect their paper wealth by buying up prime properties and causing rentals to go up and merchants will then demand higher prices for their goods and services to offset the rise in rentals and the common workers will demand more wages to counter the effect of their loss of purchasing powers for the merchants' goods and the cycle feeds on itself and overall inflation is created.

When ppl start defaulting on some of those housing loans, money is destroyed and there are less "money" now in supply then the price of property will fall.

You must get the cause and effect right first.

Cheers

Alamak you merry go round and round & so cheem wan. I only noe how to buy and sell to make marni.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not say dont believe u but most property stocks have come off some 50% off their high last yr. so for eg can also buy wheelock or not ? wheelock also deals with high end condos ie admore etc

OK tomollo I go and buy Wheelock. I like to buy when everybody is selling.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

STOCK WILL FALL TO 45 CENTS.... Simon Cheong sold The Marq last at $5,000 psf but that was last year. He has not been able to sell a single unit this year.

The stock dropped from $3.45 to under $1.00 because he has borrowed heavily and gearing is too high

AVOID!!!

jhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
These guys made a lot from when hedge funds & private equity funds moved to Singapore. But now that there are no new HF or PE being created and funding is hard to come buy so it might be that he's running out of clients. The price should come down a lot more before it recovers. However, it does not necessarily mean anything to the stock prices...

good post downgrader. Its always hard to second guess their books.