• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Propaganda persuading Sinkies to make babies

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer the issuing of breeding licences. Only qualified ppl can breed. Trailer park trash should b made extinct

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there are no more cheap milk powders these days. Gone are the days of Nespray, Dumex, KLIM etc. Nowadays every baby milk formula is chemically-enhanced (taurine! without it your baby can't score in exams! :rolleyes:) and highly expensive.

Yeah, milk powder is the most expensive items during the first few years (apart from diapers and medical).

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
When these Sinkie start a family and got not enough money to bring their kids up properly and these kids inturn get bad, whack the hell out of you simply becos one fine day, some of these kids accuse you of ' Kua simi lan cheow'..

And the next thing you know, you are half dead with a fractured skull in some A&E

Sure, I see nothing wrong with the propaganda.

Sigh, work and make money then...

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh, work and make money then...

So much for "what's wrong with making babies" statement by this mod.

It simply shows that this mod is showing the same traits of the pappies; no foregisht to anticipate possible future problems, and an unwillingness to sovle current issues and problems before attempting to look at short-term future.

This also shows what a non-SG citizen knows about what SG ppl and citizens are feeling and are worried about.

I also notice that the message is to tell SG ppl not to focuss on material things and have babies.. but if living costs keeps rising , who is going to feed the babies, the family and etc etc? The govt? No welfare PAP will never agree to it.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much for "what's wrong with making babies" statement by this mod.

It simply shows that this mod is showing the same traits of the pappies; no foregisht to anticipate possible future problems, and an unwillingness to sovle current issues and problems before attempting to look at short-term future.

This also shows what a non-SG citizen knows about what SG ppl and citizens are feeling and are worried about.

I also notice that the message is to tell SG ppl not to focuss on material things and have babies.. but if living costs keeps rising , who is going to feed the babies, the family and etc etc? The govt? No welfare PAP will never agree to it.

Yes, having a family means hard work, nothing more, nothing less. That's all it takes. Always has, always will.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Yes, having a family means hard work, nothing more, nothing less. That's all it takes. Always has, always will.

Singapore is fast becoming a playground for the rich. what family are you talking about when folks in the lower rungs are having trouble? ask the babies to crawl back into the hole they came from? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Any hard work must be commensurate with the perceived benefits. I see no benefits in raising children. The financial drain is just one obvious aspect. The constraints on freedom is another.

I detest any govt initiative telling and instructing us how to behave, what to do, what to study in school, how to feel about certain issues. This is just another symptom of a paternalistic, micro-managing govt.

Oh, and it's quite a nasty thing that they've exploited those schoolkids to produce the N.Emation crap... it's been going on for years now. They're bribing those kids with visits to animation studios.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What benefits do you expect? A child is not an investment that earns you interest. Suck it up and go for it, it's worth it.

Afterall, the human race needs to multiply to survive...

.. it seems to me that you just reduced the human species to that of mindless reproducing animals..

Mindless reproduction is not a key to Humans survival. Careful planning, with a very good watch over resources should be the way.

Human beings are not like animals.. which some are extinct cos of loss of natural habitats, hunting from humans, or diseases. We humans, actually adapt and seek out different kinds of food source, not limiting ourselves to just a few. However, Earth's resources are not unlimited.. and if there are too many people living on this planet.. there may not be enough to feed everyone.

Coming back to SG.. our land is really limited.. land reclaimation can only be done so much, without infringing into other country's sea boundaries... what happens when we have used up all we can for land reclaimation, and our population is still inreasing?

It's very strange, and illogical to me that if a tank, built to hold water, was overflowing.. is not fixed or expanded before they add more water in (using water tank as a sort of an example, with regards to the population in SG).. I mean.. isn't it more effective to fix a problem before you proceed on to bigger plans?

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there is nothing wrong in making babies, but terribly wrong in turning the babies into sinkies..

give birth in Malaysia then.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
.. it seems to me that you just reduced the human species to that of mindless reproducing animals..

Mindless reproduction is not a key to Humans survival. Careful planning, with a very good watch over resources should be the way.

Human beings are not like animals.. which some are extinct cos of loss of natural habitats, hunting from humans, or diseases. We humans, actually adapt and seek out different kinds of food source, not limiting ourselves to just a few. However, Earth's resources are not unlimited.. and if there are too many people living on this planet.. there may not be enough to feed everyone.

Coming back to SG.. our land is really limited.. land reclaimation can only be done so much, without infringing into other country's sea boundaries... what happens when we have used up all we can for land reclaimation, and our population is still inreasing?

It's very strange, and illogical to me that if a tank, built to hold water, was overflowing.. is not fixed or expanded before they add more water in (using water tank as a sort of an example, with regards to the population in SG).. I mean.. isn't it more effective to fix a problem before you proceed on to bigger plans?

In the context of declining birth rates and the drive to grow the citizen core, mindless reproduction would exactly be the right thing to do in Singapore. Couples here think to much! How bad do you think it can get?

Anything that takes the local mind off the 5Cs is helpful.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
In the context of declining birth rates and the drive to grow the citizen core, mindless reproduction would exactly be the right thing to do in Singapore.

to artificially create another baby boom? no danke. there's enough tinkering of the population from the 60s till this date. enough is enough.

reducing the number of foreigners does allow the citizen core to grow in terms of percentage, you know? our statistics department loves painting pictures in percentages, think you might be interested to know :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
to artificially create another baby boom? no danke. there's enough tinkering of the population from the 60s till this date. enough is enough.

reducing the number of foreigners does allow the citizen core to grow in terms of percentage, you know? our statistics department loves painting pictures in percentages, think you might be interested to know :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really can't imagine a babyboom happening in the foreseable future. The mindset of the people has changed a lot, priorities have shifted, especially the womens priorities.