• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proof that Chinese Dialects Are Languages:Scholar's Analysis

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found an interesting article from this site that is a thorough study on Chinese dialects which are in fact languages. Most of us do suspect that except the fucking gahment in Spore.

What is interesting is that the Fujian or Min languages are quite close to Middle Chinese, an extract:
"However, the earliest branching of Chinese dialects occurred with the Min dialects, so these dialects share some characteristics that resemble Middle Chinese in many ways; more so than most other dialects. Here is a chart that shows the branching of the Chinese dialects. Notice that Min has its own branch on the far right. There is currently much debate about the accuracy of this (when and how early the Min dialects branched)."

Note that Fujian languages would comprise Foochow or Hockchew, Hokkien & Hakka. Most Sporeans tend to think only Hokkien exists there, in fact these 3 languages have sizable populations in Fujian province today.

The whole article is here if you have time to read, love this analysis:
http://www.glossika.com/en/dict/faq.php

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you are only talking abt modern dialects, there are other dialects which would have existe alongside the official spoken tongue like middle chinese at those times. BTW, most ppl say middle chinese approximates to cantonese than the min dialects. cantonese are descendants of refugees from northern china during the tang dynasty. Min people probably were refugees from an even earlier age and so their linguistic influences may oso include old chinese or a variant theat lies between old and middle chinese.

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you are only talking abt modern dialects, there are other dialects which would have existe alongside the official spoken tongue like middle chinese at those times. BTW, most ppl say middle chinese approximates to cantonese than the min dialects. cantonese are descendants of refugees from northern china during the tang dynasty. Min people probably were refugees from an even earlier age and so their linguistic influences may oso include old chinese or a variant theat lies between old and middle chinese.

Wah lucky man ! got some one to take the crazy siao char bor off my back! Okay mudskipper, go biow yen!:biggrin: :wink:Good luck travelbug! :wink:

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lucky man ! got some one to take the crazy siao char bor off my back! Okay mudskipper, go biow yen!:biggrin: :wink:Good luck travelbug! :wink:

sorry sorry this is my doggie, he is harmless, he just need attention so he follows uncle for this, pls dun mind, he has no bite.

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry sorry this is my doggie, he is harmless, he just need attention so he follows uncle for this, pls dun mind, he has no bite.

Siao char bor, nobody want to debate with "your superior understanding of the Chinese culture" har?:p

Si peh chum! suck my cock lor!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siao char bor, nobody want to debate with "your superior understanding of the Chinese culture" har?:p

Si peh chum! suck my cock lor!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

pai seh paiseh, dun like dat leh, keep saying i "superior", say one time enuff liao.... I shy shy oredi...superior jiu si superior ...how to debate leh you tell me :p:smile::biggrin:

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun phor my LP again pls....it is getting very sianzzzz......

siao char bor mudskipper, kong simi lanjiao? why no go asiaone.com forum with your Inchwmn3 nick? Nobody like you there also har or you kenna banned? Maybe down there most are degree, master degree and doctorate holders which you are but a retard in their midst, so have to come and fight with me the secondary school dropout har?:biggrin:

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
you neber study hard and oso dun want to learn from uncle, of course cannot improve, go asiaone forum, ppls sure ignore you .... not like uncle, i post anywhere also everybody clap clap .... not because wat, but uncle always improve myself, you shld learn from uncle

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
you neber study hard and oso dun want to learn from uncle, of course cannot improve, go asiaone forum, ppls sure ignore you .... not like uncle, i post anywhere also everybody clap clap .... not because wat, but uncle always improve myself, you shld learn from uncle

waaahh, listen to that superior tone! you got it from who?, your mother's ang boyfriend biological father?:biggrin: