• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proof that china has always been the incubator of diseases.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOGLE HONORS PENANG’S DR WU LIEN-TEH – DID YOU KNOW HE INVENTED THE SURGICAL FACE MASK & WAS MALAYSIA’S FIRST NOBEL PRIZE NOMINEE IN 1935!
Politics | March 10, 2021 by | 0 Comments

RANTAU, 04/04/2019. Port Dickson member of parliament, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (left) together with Party deputy president, Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (right), arrive for celebrating of 20-year Party Keadilan Rakyat at Dataran Rantau, Negeri Sembilan. Pix by Malay Mail / Hari Anggara.
Google pays tribute to Malaysian epidemiologist Dr Wu Lien-teh, inventor of the surgical mask
KUALA LUMPUR – Google Doodle today honoured the late Malaysian-Chinese epidemiologist Dr Wu Lien-teh, who invented the surgical face mask, on his 142nd birthday today.
Dr Wu, who was born to Chinese immigrant parents in Penang in 1879 on this day, went on to become the first student of ethnic Chinese descent to earn his medical degree from Cambridge University.

Dr Wu, a staunch advocate of medical advancement, is also Malaysia’s first Nobel Prize nominee in 1935.
He was at that time nominated for the prestigious award in Physiology or Medicine for his work to control the pneumonic plague.
This was after Dr Wu’s work in China, following his appointment to investigate an unknown epidemic at that time, which had affected north-western China. He later identified the disease to be a highly contagious pneumonic plague which had human to human respiratory transmission.
This discovery led Dr Wu to design and produce a special surgical mask with cotton and gauze, adding several layers of cloth to filter inhalations.
He had also advised people to wear his new invention and worked with government officials to establish quarantine stations and hospitals, restrict travel and apply progressive sterilisation techniques. Dr Wu’s work helped to end the pandemic, known as the Manchurian plague, by April 1911, merely four months after taking the task to address the outbreak.
Google also shared thoughts from Dr Wu’s great-granddaughter, Dr Shan Woo Liu, on the Doodle homage.
“We are honoured that Google is celebrating our great-grandfather’s birthday. Just over a century ago, he helped fight off a plague in China and developed techniques such as mask-wearing, that we still use today in our battle against Covid-19.
“Growing up, we heard our father’s stories about our great-grandfather — that he was famous for controlling the Manchurian pneumonic plague, a disease that was deadly for nearly everyone who contracted it, and that he held a position in China equivalent to Surgeon General in the US. A book on our coffee table with a tattered cover, Plague Fighter, reminded us daily of his achievements.
“His story stirred something in me, and from an early age, I dreamed of becoming a doctor. Yet it wasn’t until 1995, when I attended the 80th anniversary celebration of his founding of the Chinese Medical Association, that I truly appreciated his legacy,” she said, adding that hundreds of doctors and scientists crowded a Shanghai conference room to hear lectures about Dr Wu’s life and career.
Dr Shan said that she also learnt that her great-grandfather was also considered by many to be the father of modern medicine in China.
“In 2018, I travelled with my family to Harbin, in Northeast China, to visit a museum and research institute built in my great grandfather’s honour. It was humbling to walk in his footsteps in the very same city where he suppressed the plague outbreak a century earlier. Today, as an emergency physician treating Covid-19 patients, I appreciate his bravery all the more.

“A year ago, I was terrified by how little we knew about the coronavirus. Even now, I struggle to imagine how my great-grandfather must have felt as he cared for patients who had contracted the plague. But I also feel closer to him than ever as I urge my patients to practice social distancing and to wear a mask — the very techniques he pioneered as he rescued China, and possibly the world, from a scourge. Wu Lien-teh remains as much of a hero now as he was then,” she added.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was no malaysia in 1935. There was the straits settlement of which penang was part of and federated malay states.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

As the ongoing coronavirus chinese pandemic shakes the world, I present to you my new History of China documentary concerning the plague in China, caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis. I explain its origin in China, how the Chinese plague pandemic (third plague pandemic) began and spread, and discuss the 1911 Manchurian plague events and their consequences. Hope you enjoy ! Shi Daonan's poem : Dead rats in the east, Dead rats in the west! As if they were tigers, Indeed are the people scared. A few days following the deaths of the rats, Men pass away like falling walls! Deaths in one day are numberless, The hazy sun is covered by sombre clouds. While three men are walking together, Two drop dead within ten steps! People die in the night, Nobody dares weep over the dead! The coming of the demon of pestilence Suddenly makes the lamp go dim, Then it is blown out Leaving man, ghost, and corpse in the dark room. The crows caw incessantly, The dogs howl bitterly! Man and ghost are one, While the spirit is taken for a human being! The land is filled with human bones, There in the fields are crops, To be reaped by none; And the officials collect no tax! I hope to ride on a firey dragon To see the God and Goddess in heaven, Begging them to spread heavenly milk, And make the dead come to life again. 东死鼠,西死鼠,人见死鼠如见虎! 鼠死不几日,人死如圻堵。 昼死人,莫问数,日色惨淡愁云护。 三人行未十步多,忽死两人横截路。 夜死人,不敢哭,疫鬼吐气灯摇绿。 须臾风起灯忽无,人鬼尸棺暗同屋。 乌啼不断,犬泣时闻。 人含鬼色,鬼夺人神。 白日逢人多是鬼,黄昏遇鬼反疑人! 人死满地人烟倒,人骨渐被风吹老。 田禾无人收,官租向谁考? 我欲骑天龙,上天府,呼天公,乞天母,洒天浆,