• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Proof] Muslims are Humane and Kind. Thankyou Bomba for Saving These Puppies!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Netizens Praise Firemen In Kedah For Rescuing Puppies From A Burning Field
BY KATRINA KHAIRUL AZMAN — 21 FEB 2019
"They are also God's creations," one Facebook user commented.
Cover image via Penang Kini/Facebook
  • On Monday, 18 February, firefighters from the Kulim Hi Tech station were called to Padang Serai, Kedah after a field caught on fire
    • The distress calls came to the station at 3.38pm.

Shortly after arriving at the scene, some of the men heard barking nearby, Coconuts KL reported.
  • As the field began to fill with thick smoke from the blaze, the firemen found four puppies in the middle of a bush
    • 9dba

Image viaPenang Kini/Facebook
    • Another puppy was found nearby, with burns in its foot.

Penang Kini posted photos of the puppies being picked up by the firefighters on their Facebook page on 20 February.

• "How pure are the hearts of these firemen," the caption read.
    • E300

• The firefighters brought the five rescued pups to a nearby Fire Department to give them water and a bath

• inRead invented by Teads
  • In the comments section of the post, netizens praised the firefighters for saving the puppies' lives and ensuring they would be taken care of
  • Good job, firefighters! Thank you for your service. <3

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mudslimes are not allowed to touch dogs..they have now committed sins and deserved to be whipped under Sharia law...

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it OK to pat a dog? The question at the heart of a dispute over Islamic tradition
Opinion RN By Dr Raihan IsmailUpdated Mon 4 Nov 2019, 10:32 AM AEDT
Female hands holding the head of a very cute Golden Retriever dog.
PHOTO Does this picture warm your heart or make you fearful? For some Muslims, dogs are a source of trepidation. GETTY: CIRANO83
Australian travellers returning from overseas barely raise an eyebrow when approached by a sniffer dog at one of our baggage carousels.
Many even smile — after all, dogs are cute!
But as ubiquitous as they've become, for some travellers the canines are a source of trepidation — and I'm not talking about drug traffickers.
For some Muslims, anxiety upon arrival in Australia derives less from a concern about encountering local authorities and more from a deep-seated fear of dogs.
A quarantine detection dog sits by baggage at Sydney airport.
PHOTO It's not just drug traffickers who might see this and panic. GETTY: IAN WALDIE
Followers of the Shafi'i school of jurisprudence in Sunni Islam, mainly found in East Africa and South-East Asia, are taught that dogs are unclean and impure.
If they touch a dog they must wash the area of contact seven times — the first time with dirt and the remaining six times with water.
This ruling is based on a hadith — a second‑hand account of the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad, which states:
"Cleanse your vase which the dog licked by washing it seven times and the first is with earth (soil)."
If the person fails to do so, their prayers are rendered invalid.
These rules also extend to clothes, dishes and other items with which dogs have contact.
This arduous purification process deters Shafi'i Muslims from having any encounters with dogs, which they have come to view as unclean, aggressive and dangerous.
In Malaysia and Indonesia, stray dogs that roam the streets, and even dogs kept domestically by non-Muslim neighbours, are avoided by Muslims at all costs.
A stray dog lying on a street in Malaysia. Parked cars and a cityscape are seen in the background.
PHOTO In Malaysia and Indonesia, some Muslims actively avoid areas where dogs are present. GETTY: DARCY WILSON
Muslim children in these countries tremble upon hearing dogs bark.
Walkers and joggers choose routes that avoid areas where dogs — even placid dogs — are known to congregate.
But not everyone feels this way, and the debate has generated a broader doctrinal dispute about Islamic jurisprudence and the flexibility of religious tradition.
'I want to touch a dog'
Syed Azmi Alhabshi, a Muslim-Malaysian pharmacist, is among the people encouraging more compassion towards dogs.
In 2014, he decided to organise an event called "I Want to Touch a Dog".
Held at a large shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur, it attracted more than 800 people, 200 volunteers and dogs of different breed including poodles, golden retrievers and German shepherds.
Two smiling Muslim women pat a dog.
PHOTO The event attracted more than 800 people, including these women. FACEBOOK: I WANT TO TOUCH A DOG - KAMI BOIKOT 100%
It was designed to demystify dogs, but the event also exposed its organiser to criticism from doctrinaire Shafi'is and Malaysia's state-backed religious authorities, and even death threats.
Mr Alhabshi eventually spoke at a press conference apologising if he had offended Muslim sensibilities.
"With a sincere heart, my intention to organise this program was because of Allah and not to distort the faith, change religious laws, make fun of ulama (learned men) or encourage liberalism," he said.
The matter did not end there.
In 2017, the Department of Islamic Development of Malaysia (JAKIM) issued a religious ruling reprimanding a Muslim woman for uploading a Facebook post showing pictures of her pet dog Bubu.
JAKIM argued that keeping a pet dog violates the norms of the Shafi'i school and undermines Islam in Malaysia.
A doctrinal dispute
But a number of Muslim scholars and lay intellectuals, including in Malaysia, have questioned the Shafi'i jurisprudence.
They argue that the school's rigidity concerning the status of dogs does not reflect the position of the two other Sunni schools, especially the Maliki school.
One common story appeals to Malaysian history.
In the 1930s, the Crown Prince of the State of Kelantan, then part of British Malaya, wanted to keep a dog but was opposed by his sister.
The local religious authorities, incapable of resolving the family dispute, solicited advice from Al-Azhar University in Cairo, long considered an international authority on Islamic theology.
The clerics there denied any prohibition against dogs, leaving the Sultan to enjoy his companion.
Others rely on more recent rulings from al-Azhar, where the prominent scholar of the Shafi'i school, Ali Gomaa, has also ruled to allow Muslims to keep dogs as pets at home.
According to Sheikh Gomaa, as long as one dedicates a room for prayers that the dog cannot access, the dog's presence in the home is permitted.
The Maliki school, meanwhile, does not treat the animal as impure, and does not impose the purification requirements that the Shafi'i school does upon contact with a dog.
As the debate in Malaysia intensified, Malaysian Muslims actively discussed the subject, including on social media.
The traditionalist camp, led by Malaysia's religious bureaucracy, stated the importance of adhering to only one school of thought.
It emphasised the dangers of legal eclecticism in which Muslims pick and choose from each of the three Sunni schools of jurisprudence at random.
This position was taken in direct opposition to those who pointed to Maliki scholars to justify a more liberal approach to dogs.
The dog debate then in turn generated a broader doctrinal dispute about the extent to which Muslims were required to adhere to one school of thought exclusively.
In 2018, the Mufti of the state of Penang, Dato Wan Salim Wan Mohd Noor, emphasised the importance of benefitting from other schools, and argued that Malaysian worshippers should not consider only the teachings of the Shafi'i school.
"Even though in the Malay world, in Malaysia, Indonesia and southern Thailand, we follow Shafi'i school of thought, this does not prevent us from reaping the benefits from the other schools of thought," he said.
"Truth can be found anywhere and as Muslims, we must be confident because Islam provides solutions to all of humanities problems and that is why we need to have an open mind."
In this way, the conversation — and controversy — around petting dogs is actually about something far bigger.
It shows that Muslims continue to assess what Islam means for them, at times drawing from tradition, and at other times challenging existing traditions.
The debate over Islamic theology and jurisprudence is vibrant in Muslim societies.
Dr Raihan Ismail is a lecturer in the Australian National University's Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies, and an ABC Top 5 humanities scholar for 2019.
RN in your inbox
Get more stories that go beyond the news cycle with our weekly newsletter.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Muslims ae not allowed to touch a chinese. But dogs and pigs are ok.
Chinese-Malay couple enjoy the best of both worlds
Ms Li Jinghan and Mr Muhammad Aizat Khalis with their daughter, Masha Muhammad Aizat. Photo: Raj Nadarajan
Ms Li Jinghan and Mr Muhammad Aizat Khalis with their daughter, Masha Muhammad Aizat. Photo: Raj Nadarajan
    Shares
Negotiating the traditions imposed on new mothers during the month-long confinement period observed by the Chinese is tricky enough. Throw in Malay-Muslim post-natal practices, and things get decidedly more challenging.
New mother Li Jinghan found herself navigating such a delicate balancing act in May after giving birth to a baby girl.
In the end, the 27-year-old had a Chinese confinement nanny brewing red date tea and whipping up special dishes for her, and a Malay masseur doing traditional Malay herbal post-natal wraps and massages.
Trying to satisfy both families’ desire to keep up with traditions was probably one of her most stressful experiences to date of being in a mixed-race marriage, said the part-time tutor who converted to Islam.
Otherwise, she and her Malay-Muslim husband Muhammad Aizat Khalis, 29, have been enjoying the “best of both worlds”. Married for almost two years, his family would stock up oranges, snacks and drinks as gifts to her family for Chinese New Year, while during Hari Raya, her father would visit bearing 15kg of durians.
The pair started dating after Mr Aizat, who is a civil servant, made an impression on her when they were life-sciences students at the National University of Singapore. But he made it clear that if they did get married, she would have to convert.
Thankfully, their parents were supportive. Ms Li’s first meetings with Mr Aizat’s parents were emotional ones. “(His mother) told me if I couldn’t (convert), it was okay ... She also told me the most important thing was not to alienate my parents, or make them feel they lost a daughter ... I was very touched,” she said.
Ironically, her own struggles with converting to Islam — a journey that took her two years — was one of the biggest barriers to their relationship. The self-professed agnostic said she dropped out of the beginners’ course in Islam at Darul Arqam twice because she was unable to reconcile her own beliefs with what was being taught.
“I would ask questions that would border on the insensitive … like why must I cover up and wear a tudung (headscarf), why won’t my parents go to heaven if they don’t convert,” she said. She also found lifestyle changes such as eating only at halal places and praying five times a day “burdensome”.
It got so bad that the couple would argue constantly. “At that point, I viewed everything as a sacrifice just to be together with him,” said Ms Li.
When she began to realise these sacrifices are “blessings” in disguise, she was ready to convert to Islam.
She converted in 2015 and the couple got married later that year. They decided to give three-month-old Masha Muhammad Aizat a double-barrelled race — Javanese-Chinese — and will teach her about both their cultures.
“She will grow up to be more racially and religiously aware and learn to be more sensitive … She has the best of both worlds and gets exposed to the culture from both sides of the family,” Ms Li said. Toh Ee Ming
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive updates on the latest news.
Subscribe
By clicking subscribe, I agree for my personal data to be used to send me TodayOnline newsletters, promotional offers and for research and analysis.
Promoted Stories

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This chinese girl must be covered from head to toe before the malay guy can touch her. And must use condom but prick a hole at the end to ensure conception.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont follow wat the clergyman taught u. Follow the scripture. Islam is a peaceful religion. Saving lives is utmost importance be it human or animal. Intention or niat n good deed determine one righteousness.:smile:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont follow wat the clergyman taught u. Follow the scripture. Islam is a peaceful religion. Saving lives is utmost importance be it human or animal. Intention or niat n good deed determine one righteousness.:smile:

Well said

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things." (See also: Response to Apologists)

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot. (See also: Response to Apologists)

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help." (See also: Response to Apologists)

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah'). (See also: Response to Apologists)

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers. (See also: Response to Apologists)

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well said:

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Taghut (Satan, etc.). So fight you against the friends of Shaitan (Satan)" The Arabic for the word "fight" is from qital, meaning physical combat.

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks." (See also: Response to Apologists)

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle). (See also: Response to Apologists)

Quran (4:101) - "And when you (Muslims) travel in the land, there is no sin on you if you shorten your Salat (prayer) if you fear that the disbelievers may attack you, verily, the disbelievers are ever unto you open enemies." Mere disbelief makes one an "open" enemy of Muslims.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Netizens Praise Firemen In Kedah For Rescuing Puppies From A Burning Field
BY KATRINA KHAIRUL AZMAN — 21 FEB 2019
"They are also God's creations," one Facebook user commented.
Cover image via Penang Kini/Facebook
  • On Monday, 18 February, firefighters from the Kulim Hi Tech station were called to Padang Serai, Kedah after a field caught on fire
    • The distress calls came to the station at 3.38pm.

Shortly after arriving at the scene, some of the men heard barking nearby, Coconuts KL reported.
  • As the field began to fill with thick smoke from the blaze, the firemen found four puppies in the middle of a bush
  • The firefighters brought the five rescued pups to a nearby Fire Department to give them water and a bath

• inRead invented by Teads
  • In the comments section of the post, netizens praised the firefighters for saving the puppies' lives and ensuring they would be taken care of
  • Good job, firefighters! Thank you for your service. <3
Well done Bomba! At critical moments, cast religion aside and show compassion and your humanity. :thumbsup:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Bomba! At critical moments, cast religion aside and show compassion and your humanity. :thumbsup:

Except for one. The restof the chapters in the Quran begin with "In the name of Allah. Most Compassionate Most Merciful. So for Muslims we are told to utter this phrase when performing any deeds.:smile:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quran already stated Killing a human is like killing whole of humanity. How many times must i said dont follow the clergyman. Follow the teaching of the Quran.:smile:
U mean this verse?

32. Because of that We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind, and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind. And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with clear proofs, evidences, and signs, even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits (e.g. by doing oppression unjustly and exceeding beyond the limits set by Allah by committing the major sins) in the land!.