• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Professor Lim Chong Yah: Singapore’s income gap approaching dangerous levels

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy wrote an impressive record of more than 160 academic publications. I remember when I took economics subject in school, we used one of his his books as text book. There should be quite a number of local economists today at one point or the other benefited from his academic publications, and not surprised still, amongst them could be some today who were fast to shoot down his idea straight.

So you worship him and believe everything he said was right even though you can't defend it?

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you worship him and believe everything he said was right even though you can't defend it?

Which part of my comment say I worship him and believe everything he said was right? I doubt you read and understand english well.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone became mad reading his textbook and came to this forum cursing WP and LCY at the same time
You may be right. But I salute you for sticking up to this far against the odds. For me I dun have the energy to do that. Old liow...:biggrin:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which part of my comment say I worship him and believe everything he said was right? I doubt you read and understand english well.

Look thru the thread, there are lots of criticisms of LCY's idea. Why not you try to defend it and see how well it stands up then?
If you refuse, you are a worshipper.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This guy wrote an impressive record of more than 160 academic publications. I remember when I took economics subject in school, we used one of his his books as text book. There should be quite a number of local economists today at one point or the other benefited from his academic publications, and not surprised still, amongst them could be some today who were fast to shoot down his idea straight.

Old please, stopping believing in the bullshit propaganda. ARe u really so gullible? LCY has not one original idea in his body. I also read his book in school. Its almost a carbon copy of Samuelson's book (which I also read). I later found that his book was an amalgamation of several noted econs books, but presented more dryly. So, in addition to plagiarizing Samuelson, he also plagiarized other authors. MOE should have just made all the students use Samuelson's book, because the man is after all a nobel Laureate. LCY cannot even smell stockholm, much less be a candidate for the Nobel prize in econs. But he was and still is a PAP darling and insider. That is the only reason why we were reading his crap book. He needed to earn royalties from u and me and every sucker student forced to buy his book. I defy u to name me one of these 160 academic publications that was world recognized, or a candidate for a famous prize.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also read his book in school. Its almost a carbon copy of Samuelson's book (which I also read). I later found that his book was an amalgamation of several noted econs books, but presented more dryly. So, in addition to plagiarizing Samuelson, he also plagiarized other authors. MOE should have just made all the students use Samuelson's book, because the man is after all a nobel Laureate. LCY cannot even smell stockholm, much less be a candidate for the Nobel prize in econs. But he was and still is a PAP darling and insider. That is the only reason why we were reading his crap book. He needed to earn royalties from u and me and every sucker student forced to buy his book. I defy u to name me one of these 160 academic publications that was world recognized, or a candidate for a famous prize.

I do not deny the fact here are other great Nobel prize laureates in the field of economics, and since academic textbooks for beginners usually teaches on fundamental principles, theories and terminologies, it would not be surprising to know there could be other better writers of textbooks able to elucidate the subject better. I did not have the money to buy his book then in school and had to borrow from others plus relying on lecture notes to tide through this subject. So he earns no royalties from me. Nobel prize laureates may be a highly regarded, but as the world it is today, contributions from non-Nobel prize laureates also counts.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look thru the thread, there are lots of criticisms of LCY's idea. Why not you try to defend it and see how well it stands up then?
I should have taken the cue from BigFuck and stay away from senseless people. My fault.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is considered a lot of criticisms? 1,5 or 10? By who? The drunk in the street? Why not try suggesting something better and sell how well it stands up then? If you refuse, you are a PAP worshipper. Do you think that by doing this, LTK will take you back under his wing? LTK saw through you a long time ago and so did many Singaporeans.

You cannot argue and reason. Please don't get involved.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you recall, you used that book because it was easy. Probably Lipsy & Steiner was to difficult for you to read. :wink:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Up till now, no pap hater can counter even one criticism of Oct idea on this thread.

A criticism that is just a claim is not worth bothering except in the playground between kids. What are you trying to say? You cannot be Emeritus professor in Singapore, Emeritus Minister, Emeritus anything in Singapore with this kind of level, let alone the world? What has happened to you? What made you so deranged? Maybe Chinese medicine and acupuncture may heal your brain. I am genuinely concerned for you. With this kind of deranged behavior, no one will employ you. They may lock you up in a straight jacket and throw away the key, you know. I am worried for you.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bigfuck said:
Someone became mad reading his textbook and came to this forum cursing WP and LCY at the same time

Reading those texts for his exams gave him a lot of problems. Even today he could not comprehend large parts of these.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:

Seems like the bulk of those criticisms have your name attached to it.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am only one of the many who criticised it. Seems like not even one of the many critcisms was countered by you.
What do you mean one of the many? You mean Kinana of the Kinana set? Still one? And we have all countered your criticisms here. So why are you not taking your medicine?