• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Prof Sattar Bawany on his Muslim Views

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the 3rd chap that has been thrown out from the cruise programme. By now we should have called up the organisers and close down this cruise programme altogether. Are we going to waste tax payers dollars vetting every such case.

Clearly the organisers are trying their luck. And in all 3 cases there were video or published evidence of their thinking and beliefs. What about those that are below the radar especially foreigners.

And why are we tolerating the likes of this bogus Prof. Note his comments.

ps. I changed it to local, initially I thought he was an expat.

Within a span of 1 year we had 4 foreign muslims preachers. Why the sudden discovery or did it happen overnight or just pure coincidence. We are funding Muis, Mendaki, and practically the entire Muslim population and we get this sort of nonsense in return.

American Muslim preacher denied entry into Singapore for expressing divisive views: MHA

dt-yusuf_estes.jpg

American Muslim preacher Yusuf Estes at the Baiturrahman Grand Mosque in Banda Aceh. ST PHOTO: ARLINA ARSHAD
PUBLISHED
DEC 1, 2017, 10:00 PM SGT
UPDATED
6 HOURS AGO
Arlina Arshad
Regional Correspondent

SINGAPORE - American Muslim preacher Yusuf Estes was denied entry into Singapore on Nov 24 for having expressed views the authorities say are "unacceptable" and "contrary" to the values of Singapore's multiracial and multi-religious society.

"Such divisive views breed intolerance and exclusivist practices that will damage social harmony, and cause communities to drift apart," the Ministry of Home Affairs said in a reply to The Straits Times this week.

Mr Estes and his wife Khadijah had flown in to Changi Airport from Kuala Lumpur to join over 1,000 passengers on a spiritual cruise organised by Malaysia-based Islamic Cruise, which left Singapore Cruise Centre for Aceh in Indonesia last Saturday and returned on Wednesday.

Two other foreign preachers planning to speak on the same cruise had been banned from entering the Republic in October. MHA had said Zimbabwean Ismail Menk preached "segregationist and divisive teachings" while Malaysian Haslin Baharim had described non-Muslims as "deviant".

The ministry confirmed this week that Mr Estes was denied entry, in consultation with the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore. The cruise organisers had been seeking views about Mr Estes as a "possible speaker", MHA added.

It cited how Mr Estes had, in a 2012 video, said it was "not part of Islam to celebrate others' holidays" or wish Christians "Merry Christmas" and Jews "Happy Hanukkah". He also questioned the religious basis for Christmas in an article last December, and advised Muslims against "celebrating something that even the Christians should not be doing". Mr Estes, who converted from Christianity to Islam in 1991, also said the Bible had many contradictions, called it an unreliable text, and expressed "intolerant views of non-Muslims".

MHA said: "The Government will not allow religious preachers of any faith to run down other religions or spread ill-will among the various religious communities."

The Government had in September announced its rejection of applications by two Christian preachers, one of whom was identified as Dutch Sheets from the US, to speak in Singapore as they had made denigrating and inflammatory comments about Islam and Buddhism.

Islamic Cruise's strategic and media communications director Kyairul Syahirin Ahmad told The Straits Times that Mr Estes was not engaged to preach on the ship, but invited as a guest to celebrate his 25th wedding anniversary, which coincided with the company's 25th cruise.

After he was turned away, Mr Estes flew back to Malaysia with his wife, and later posted a Facebook video where he said they were "detained for quite a while". The couple were later flown to Aceh, where they performed prayers with cruise passengers at the Baiturrahman grand mosque on Monday.

In a wide-ranging half-hour speech that spanned topics from finding a spouse to fake news, he also touched on his being denied entry. He said a stapled visa had left "a hole in the first number" of his passport, and this could have been an issue. He also said Singapore officials were "very polite" and "very nice", and dismissed suggestions that they were not allowed to eat or pray.

Some passengers were disappointed Mr Estes was not on the cruise. Around 40 of the 1,000 on board were Singaporeans, among them Professor Sattar Bawany, who heads an executive coaching firm and said he supports the Government's move in clamping down on extremist preachers who could jeopardise religious and racial harmony.

But, he added: "Mr Estes was entering Singapore as a tourist, not a speaker. The Government should exercise flexibility to allow such foreign preachers to pass through. As adults, we should be discerning enough to weed out any teachings that are divisive and undermine our racial and religious harmony. The choice should be left to us."

Last edited:

Allan Tan

What’s your basis for calling the Professor “bogus”?

He supports the Government call to ban extremists preachers from speaking here.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy from Jurong Junior College, has never been employed by any university anywhere in the World on a tenure or permanent basis. He has done stints as an adjunct lecturer yet he calls him a Professor which he bestowed upon himself. If that is not bogus I do not know what is.

He works with HR depts to fill their training slots.

You might want to read about his academic journey as well what he told the press.

Allan Tan

This guy from Jurong Junior College, has never been employed by any university anywhere in the World on a tenure or permanent basis. He has done stints as an adjunct lecturer yet he calls him a Professor which he bestowed upon himself. If that is not bogus I do not know what is.

He works with HR depts to fill their training slots.

You might want to read about his academic journey as well what he told the press.

Following your reply I have searched online and contacted the relevant authority to confirm that Professor Sattar Bawany is a legitimate and bona fide Adjuct Professor appointed by Curtin University and there is a formal letter of appointment available at https://www.slideshare.net/bawany/a...urtin-graduate-school-of-business-17-nov-2014

He is also listed in the University Staff Portal at https://staffportal.curtin.edu.au/staff/profile/view/S.Bawany

He is a reputable HR and Executive Coach with solid track records and experience based on the Testimonials received from various senior professionals in the industry as seen as
https://sg.linkedin.com/in/bawany and also at
http://www.cee-global.com/mastercoach/

He is also a columnist with The Business Times at
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/authors/sattar-bawany. SPH and BT would have done their due diligence before inviting him to be a columnist.

Several of my business associates and I have attended his previous presentations and it clearly contradicts your false allegations and statements.

It would seems that you may have a tiff with him or have a problem with him resulting in your false and defamatory statement.

I think you have made false statement and baseless accusations, hence you should apologise and retract your statements.

This original posting and the misleading heading should be removed by the Moderator.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sound like stupid man. Of course government must step in. Hookers also come in to Singapore via tourist visa. You telling me we should not ban their entry? Obviously he is fake new. Professor is got tenure one, your client have bo? Out!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would not be aware of Yusuf Estes or Sattar Bawany had it not been for the ban and the publicity it generated.
Now it appears to have the opposite effect as it stokes people's curiosity and it might end up spreading his views even more!
If this Yusuf estes is really dangerous'- would Trump have left him alone?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You obviously have no idea what adjunct means. I clearly stated that he has never been a permanent or tenured staff of any institutions of higher learning.

Even you can be appointed to an adjunct position without having any prior teaching experience in an institutions of higher learning.

The guy is well known fraud. Why don’t you ask him which University Senate made him a professor.

Following your reply I have searched online and contacted the relevant authority to confirm that Professor Sattar Bawany is a legitimate and bona fide Adjuct Professor appointed by Curtin University and there is a formal letter of appointment available at https://www.slideshare.net/bawany/a...urtin-graduate-school-of-business-17-nov-2014

He is also listed in the University Staff Portal at https://staffportal.curtin.edu.au/staff/profile/view/S.Bawany

He is a reputable HR and Executive Coach with solid track records and experience based on the Testimonials received from various senior professionals in the industry as seen as
https://sg.linkedin.com/in/bawany and also at
http://www.cee-global.com/mastercoach/

He is also a columnist with The Business Times at
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/authors/sattar-bawany. SPH and BT would have done their due diligence before inviting him to be a columnist.

Several of my business associates and I have attended his previous presentations and it clearly contradicts your false allegations and statements.

It would seems that you may have a tiff with him or have a problem with him resulting in your false and defamatory statement.

I think you have made false statement and baseless accusations, hence you should apologise and retract your statements.

This original posting and the misleading heading should be removed by the Moderator.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very common for these trainers and seminar leaders to have titles such as Dr, Prof etc.

I would not be aware of Yusuf Estes or Sattar Bawany had it not been for the ban and the publicity it generated.
Now it appears to have the opposite effect as it stokes people's curiosity and it might end up spreading his views even more!
If this Yusuf estes is really dangerous'- would Trump have left him alone?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You sound like one of those men in white who has 3 in 1 role being the victim, the lawyer and the judge. Bro, you've come to the wrong place, this is SBF not SPH or Pariahment where you have overwhelming controls. You don't come here and tell the moderators what they should do.
They had done better removal jobs than your transport minister.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun like mozzies but this guy is hardly extremist. He is only preaching the truth.
Of course he is divisive in pappy’s eyes....most religions are. They only recognise their own god. The bible calls all other religions as the devil. Mozzies say only got one allah. Etc etc.
It’s pap’s brand of religion harmony that’s blasphemy.
Pappy should start a new Lky religion that encompass all the major religions under ah gong in love and harmony

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is an example of an Adjunct Professor. - http://www.suss.edu.sg/staff-direct...ool-of-Human-Development-Social-Services.aspx

She was a former PAP MP for a number of terms. Father was also one. All her life in HR. Note the link to HR and Training.

Never was teacher or lecturer but SUSS made her Adjunct Prof.

Even she is not stupid enough to walk around town calling herself Professor.

You only get away with this when you are dealing with ignorants idiots.

By the way there is no law and it is not a crime to call yourself a Professor or a Doctor and your can even put it on a name card. You only get into trouble when you claim to be medical doctor and do something along those lines.

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sound like one of those men in white who has 3 in 1 role being the victim, the lawyer and the judge. Bro, you've come to the wrong place, this is SBF not SPH or Pariahment where you have overwhelming controls. You don't come here and tell the moderators what they should do.
They had done better removal jobs than your transport minister.

Dont pretend you IB skunk. Everyone here knows your IB role.