• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pro-Palestinian activists face jail after beating up Jewish man in violent antisemitic attack

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.thejc.com/news/world/pr...fic-antisemitic-attack-4BsMmsNVpx9PbC8Q84KwRE

Three pro-Palestinian activists have pleaded guilty to beating up a Jewish man in a violent antisemitic attack in New York.

Joseph Borgen was attacked by the men in May 2021 as he made his way to a pro-Israel rally in Times Square while wearing a kippah.

The attackers were caught on video, which went viral, punching and kicking the man in Midtown, New York.

During the attack, the group shouted antisemitic slurs at the 31-year-old including “You filthy Jew”, “We're going to f*****g kill you”, “Go back to Israel” and “Hamas is going to kill you.” Borgen was also pepper sprayed.

The 31-year-old was left with a concussion, wrist injury, black eye and bruises all over his body after the attack.

Mahmoud Musa and Mohammed Othman pleaded guilty to charges of second-degree assault as a hate crime and a third man, Mohammed Said Othman, pleaded guilty to attempted gang assault.

Musa and Othman face between three and a half and 15 years in prison when they are sentenced on October 25 after no plea deal was offered. Prosecutors promised Said Othman a three-year prison sentence in a separate deal.

A fourth man, Faisal Elezzi, had earlier pleaded guilty to attempted assault in the third degree as a hate crime, and was sentenced to three years’ probation. Another man, Waseem Awawdeh, was filmed beating Borgen with crutches. He was jailed in June for 18 months after a plea deal.

Borgen told the New York Post the guilty pleas were “great news”. Addressing the prospect of the three men who pleaded guilty going to prison, he said: “If you beat up a Jew in the streets, this is what’s going to happen.

"You’re not going to get a slap on the wrist or a BS deal. You’re going to spend real time in jail.”

Recalling the incident, he added: “After I wound up on the ground, I was literally just in a fetal position, trying to guard my head and face, literally just trying to make it out of their alive.

“I thought I was going to die. I thought I was really going to die."