• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Price of 154th Saturday Edition

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only found out the price of the ST on Saturday is $1. I would like to know the reason.

The news contents is not any special from the other days', the editorial still spouting the same old, nor is the comics, so maybe it is because it has more than double the pages. But, hello, those extra pages are all of classifieds, adverts, especially of jobs, vehicles, properties and travel agencies.

If I am not wrong, these are PAID FOR by the advertisers. This can't be the reason for the extra 10cts.

Would some kind soul please advise...

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
The news contents is not any special from the other days', the editorial still spouting the same old, nor is the comics, so maybe it is because it has more than double the pages. But, hello, those extra pages are all of classifieds, adverts, especially of jobs, vehicles, properties and travel agencies.

Errrr.... you have to pay for the cost of the extra paper plus the transport cost mah!:eek: You may like to try the cheaper alternative, The Newd Paper!:wink:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only found out the price of the ST on Saturday is $1. I would like to know the reason.

you already mentioned it's 154th, you still want to get it? looking for job?

get free papers from MRT stations lah...:biggrin:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason is because they can. And the reason why they can is because they are a monopoly. And the reason why they are a monopoly is because of the PAP who wants to control the press. The reason why the PAP wants to control the press is so because the can dupe voters to vote them every election. And the reason why they want voters to vote them in every election is because they can then force peasants to slave for them through, for example, buying over-priced Saturday edition of newspapers.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason is because they can. And the reason why they can is because they are a monopoly. And the reason why they are a monopoly is because of the PAP who wants to control the press. The reason why the PAP wants to control the press is so because the can dupe voters to vote them every election. And the reason why they want voters to vote them in every election is because they can then force peasants to slave for them through, for example, buying over-priced Saturday edition of newspapers.

An authoritarian regime and a dumb population makes great bed partners...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nid 2 explain 2 u meh? ... if nt happy, dun buy n read lor! ...

tink if u go n ask dem, dey wil tel u crude oil price has increased ...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

gohdollar2-f784cec7b0.jpg

"what is $1 when $600,000 is peanuts?"

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you already mentioned it's 154th, you still want to get it? looking for job?

get free papers from MRT stations lah...:biggrin:

I think 75% of people buy ST to search for job. Other news are just too bored or pap self-praising news which have no interesting value. Stop subscribing to ST and you can save a hefty sum for more needy stuff.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because they can. I think you nailed it.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think 75% of people buy ST to search for job. Other news are just too bored or pap self-praising news which have no interesting value. Stop subscribing to ST and you can save a hefty sum for more needy stuff.

i don't know, but ST is my daily source of jokes :p:p:p

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I am not wrong, these are PAID FOR by the advertisers. This can't be the reason for the extra 10cts.

TV2008112422090200.jpg

U think talking cock is so ez ah? *zzzz*

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't buy unless you need the recurit or classified sections, just read the free today newspaper, easier to read and not so lor sor

st saturday is good for jobs and classifieds only