• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

President Nathan running for 3rd term? Who 1 2 vote him? KEE CHEW! (taken fr CNA)

Lucian Darth

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAURITIUS: Singapore's President S R Nathan says he has not decided if he will run for a third term in office, adding that age is a factor.

President Nathan, 87, was speaking to Singapore media at the end of his state visit to Mauritius on Tuesday.

Three potential candidates have stepped forward for the upcoming Presidential Election.

One of them, Mr Tan Kin Lian, has outlined proposals to clarify the role of the Presidency.

Mr Nathan declined to comment, saying it is not fair to do so.

But he said one has to remember that the scope of the Elected President is defined by the Constitution, and its function is very different from that of an executive arm of government.Does it mean that he dun the role of a President?!!:eek::eek:What has he been doing all these years?!!!

Mr Nathan said: It is not fair for me to make comment on what it should be for those who aspire to it. I should let them think of what they want to do, and to face the realities as they come into office."

He declined to elaborate on the difficulties he has faced in his 12 years in office, except to say they would be laid out in his memoirs - which are due in September.

While some have criticised him for not doing enough to safeguard the reserves, Mr Nathan said his approach has been more subtle.

"There are voices saying that but I can't answer them. I know the limitations of the Constitution and what you have to do. So I'm not there in a boxing match. Although I've been quiet, I've been doing work," he said.
Wah piang like also woh, wonder what exactly is his KPI:confused::confused::*::*:

Mr Nathan described the Elected Presidency, which was created in 1991, as a new institution that needs time to strike roots.

But he said it will have to evolve as society changes, especially one with an increasing desire for political participation

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Enough of this fat bumbling prataman.... 12 years of having expensive high level cholestrol prata in the Istana is bad for Sporeans.. Look at his waistline.. he's getting fatter year by year.. Time for a new man for President!

seiyup warrior

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diffiiculties in the past 12 years you had like pinning medals on to foreign dignitaries and local recepients and being paid highest for such simple chores.That is a damn fxxking good job.
Your subtle approach is to collect your monthly undue enrichment and zip your lips
And finally spare us your presidential bullshit in your forthcoming memoirs.Singaporeans just want to forget you and get the hell out of our life

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
With quotes like these, sure, I will vote for HE SR Nathan. :smile:

“I'm 87 years of age, you expect me to live forever?”

"People say 'this old man, what the hell is he still there, wanting to do it?'"

Last edited:

dankos

But age will be one factor for Mr Nathan, who will be 87 years old on July 3.

He said: "People say 'this old man, what the hell is he still there, wanting to do it?' Some others think I'm doing nothing, so it's a waste of time for them to think of me.

"But all this noise will always be there in the world. You have a sense of what you want to do and you just do it because if you listen to the world, your work will never be done."

CB fat ass prataman calling all negative comments to be 'noise'. this sentence can be found in the channel news asia website. but surprisingly it cannot be found in the article posted bt TS. why or who edited it.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pray that he will contest. Then he can silence the "noise" and prove once and for all, the amount of love and support he has from the people.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Prataman best not sia suay himself by running, he might end up with the lowest votes ever in a presidential election

Sangrawi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Nathan said: It is not fair for me to make comment on what it should be for those who aspire to it. I should let them think of what they want to do, and to face the realities as they come into office."

Since this job has so much limitations and restrictions, the effectiveness of EP is clearly an issue. Maybe we should do away with it.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer he not run. I think the Malays already unhappy he "chope" the Malay rotation last round already. If he "chope" one more term as "minority", confirm get backlash at ballot box one.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
so far only two confirm candidates. Strangely most of those linked to miw is still considering whether to run. When are they going to decide , is it because the pay check amount not confirm by review committee yet ?

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer he not run. I think the Malays already unhappy he "chope" the Malay rotation last round already. If he "chope" one more term as "minority", confirm get backlash at ballot box one.

Bro,u cannot say that,otherwise we are like matland which is practicing our own form of quota system.We always champion "meritocracy" but...............

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The EC might just perform the same stunt like the last one, disqualifying everyone else base on lacking in experienc so that he can walk over, again.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may sound silly, some people would just vote Nathan to bet for one day state funeral public holiday, it has been a while since a President karoshi or work till die, on the job.

If Nathan get elected again he might just be the one who would grant many a day off and a full state funeral. Naaaabei-eh, si keleng lao gui kee lori liao lor !

Prataman best not sia suay himself by running, he might end up with the lowest votes ever in a presidential election

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nathan has been hypnotised by PAP for decade.The Istana needs a lot of cleansing to rid evil spirit before anyone can enter.