• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prediction of Singapore's political future

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other party should eye the turf WP will not take.

SDP should start prowling or pounding the ground instead of waiting for the 9 days campaign

Butkit Panjang
Toa Payoh Bishan GRC (or coalition with SPP in this turf to pick up TC management)
Holland-bukit timah
Tg Pagar (if WP is not contesting)

Concentrate on the above 2 or 3 areas. If possible.

SDP in Tanjong Pagar? Might as well not contest.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No he might be finance. Or not even. He's not within the inner core.

What is inner core? There are problems one person cannot resolve or decide. So you need the service of another head. But you shouldn't call that inner core. And certain problems can be best solved by one person and if not by two, definitely not a large committee. Sylvia, PS and CSM were tasked to mentor and support LLL in her recent campaign. Doesn't seem like he was sidelined if that was what you are implying. If you are talking about Press Conferences, other than the Chairman and SG, the others are pulled in only if they are needed. If you ask me PEH was actually superfluous at LLL's post victory conference. My own thinking is that CSM is a naturally reserved person and actually does not enjoy the bright lights of a public interview.

Last edited:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha. Agreed. SDP is a very damaged brand in the eyes of many folks OFFLINE.
Only some people ONLINE prefer to close their eyes to its damage and spout nonsense.

The opposition spectrum is wide enough and is not meant to be represented (in your biased view) by only one party which is the WP. WP is the conservative party, SDP is liberal minded while NSP is somewhere in between.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No he might be finance. Or not even. He's not within the inner core.

You are looking from the angle of his professional experience. I am looking at the human side of his experience. You can be a knowledgeable professor but if you have limited exposure to people of high standing, you will be out of depth if you are put in a position to interact with them. I believe CSM's strength in his professional career could in fact be this human skill than any hard technical skill in finance or law. Of course, he would have been amply supported by an able technical team.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The opposition spectrum is wide enough and is not meant to be represented (in your biased view) by only one party which is the WP. WP is the conservative party, SDP is liberal minded while NSP is somewhere in between.

Ultimately, it is the voters who decide how wide the spectrum is.
Some may not like that, but tough luck, that is how democracy works.
Democracy in Singapore works differently than elsewhere. That is also something that SDP types have yet to reconcile themselves with. That is entirely a matter for them.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha. Agreed. SDP is a very damaged brand in the eyes of many folks OFFLINE.
Only some people ONLINE prefer to close their eyes to its damage and spout nonsense.

SDP should improve their image.

CSJ has to step down and be out of the CEC. He may remain a member of SDP and be a candidate in the coming election.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont have prediction, PE taught me not to underestimate sporeans.

I also lack foresight.

I have a hope though: a pappy lose his deposit and a minority, a m&d or shit oppo stand and win in an smc.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are looking from the angle of his professional experience. I am looking at the human side of his experience. You can be a knowledgeable professor but if you have limited exposure to people of high standing, you will be out of depth if you are put in a position to interact with them. I believe CSM's strength in his professional career could in fact be this human skill than any hard technical skill in finance or law. Of course, he would have been amply supported by an able technical team.

I dont think CSM will get a high government position when WP gets into government. Unless there's no LTK

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think CSM will get a high government position when WP gets into government. Unless there's no LTK
Endless attempts to sow discord within WP. There is no point for CSM to be too prominent now. Tall trees get struck by lightening first, so why stand too tall now when there is no need to?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was expecting PAP to be sacked by we the citizens of Singapore on 2016,now it looks it is impossible,PAP must go now,down with fucking PAP's stupid needs to have 8 million sardin fishes in this little island,their red dot,if they do not go,then we have to go,looks like PAP refuses to give an alternative.

人民行动党走(路)!打倒人民行动党!!!!!!!

PAP karung sekarang, turun dengan PAP!!!!!!!
PAP கீழே இப்போது வேலையிலிருந்து PAP!!!!!!

sack PAP now,down with PAP!!!!!!!

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can only hope that you're very young................so carried away..............

if there's a recession or financial crisis again (most likely) in a few years............people will vote for PAP again...........number of opposition MPs may drop.

anyway, at very most number of opposition MPs will triple in 2016...............

by 2021.............after PAP has added even more ''New Citizens''............maybe too late to get rid of them.............

doesn't matter who's the president..............

Good point for discussion! We have no one snap election since GE 2001.