• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pre Trial Conference

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi all, i am. Recently being charged with criminal force against public servants.i have no intention on doing that, nobody got hurt.

Let start with the story.. June last year i went out and drink heavily.. It was suppose to be a joyous occasion.. I went home.. Super drunk.. Koed on the floor. My brother saw this and call the ambulance. The rest i cant rmb clear.. But i push the paramedic and and the police. Non fall down or injured.i have no intention on pushing them. Its my first time involve with the law.

Since im a newbie.. I got terrifed. I went ti this lawyer. He said early reps can get a warning and ssettle within the police station itself..6 mnths pass. Was summoned to court.. Again my lawyer demanded money. Total was 8.6k. I did everything to show how remoraeful i am. Counseling and apologies letter. Lawyer didn communicate much with me. Everytime i have to chase them
Only with no news.. So went to court for 3 times.

So last month went court again. 1 lady ask me. If i plead guilty to my case. I say yes. As i wanted to settle it swiftly. My lawyer didn prep me or anytjing. The "plead guilty was my own decision. As i dint know anythinh about law and their rules.

So they issued a pgm date om 1 march. I keep chasing them on my news. No replies or they dont know.so i received news judt 1 day b4 my pgm date. It was a 4 weeks jail term.i aak my lawyer b4 my sentencing if i do get a fine instead of. Jail. He said no. He dont even want to fight anymore. I told him i have no intention of pusbing them at all. He was pusbing me to take the charged. Suddenly he say if u have no intention on pusing them. Do not plead guilty. On my point of view i pleaded guilty, becuase i rmb i did them. I was just being honest. And i cant even rmb much. The police statement i have on the point of tine and the Sof were given vy the dpp completely different. I admit the fact that i push them . I was expecting fine. But 4 weeks jail term. Is too much for me.

I will lose my job. Plus nobody was injured or fall down. So my lawyer straight asked for a ptc. I am Considering changing lawyer to send reps and asking them do lower the sentencing. I dont want to cause both parties time too. But my lawyer hasent been guiding and adviseing me porperly. Now they sure will ask. For more money if it goes to trail.

My question is do i still have a chance to get a warning or fine. Jail term is too harsh for me. I habe never done any offense b4. Im clueless in court.

Does psychiatrist report helps to show them im not intentionally pushing them.

And should i consider hiring new lawyer.

Why don’t you tell us who is this MF lawyer? Many of them around.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi all, i am. Recently being charged with criminal force against public servants.i have no intention on doing that, nobody got hurt.

Let start with the story.. June last year i went out and drink heavily.. It was suppose to be a joyous occasion.. I went home.. Super drunk.. Koed on the floor. My brother saw this and call the ambulance. The rest i cant rmb clear.. But i push the paramedic and and the police. Non fall down or injured.i have no intention on pushing them. Its my first time involve with the law.

Since im a newbie.. I got terrifed. I went ti this lawyer. He said early reps can get a warning and ssettle within the police station itself..6 mnths pass. Was summoned to court.. Again my lawyer demanded money. Total was 8.6k. I did everything to show how remoraeful i am. Counseling and apologies letter. Lawyer didn communicate much with me. Everytime i have to chase them
Only with no news.. So went to court for 3 times.

So last month went court again. 1 lady ask me. If i plead guilty to my case. I say yes. As i wanted to settle it swiftly. My lawyer didn prep me or anytjing. The "plead guilty was my own decision. As i dint know anythinh about law and their rules.

So they issued a pgm date om 1 march. I keep chasing them on my news. No replies or they dont know.so i received news judt 1 day b4 my pgm date. It was a 4 weeks jail term.i aak my lawyer b4 my sentencing if i do get a fine instead of. Jail. He said no. He dont even want to fight anymore. I told him i have no intention of pusbing them at all. He was pusbing me to take the charged. Suddenly he say if u have no intention on pusing them. Do not plead guilty. On my point of view i pleaded guilty, becuase i rmb i did them. I was just being honest. And i cant even rmb much. The police statement i have on the point of tine and the Sof were given vy the dpp completely different. I admit the fact that i push them . I was expecting fine. But 4 weeks jail term. Is too much for me.

I will lose my job. Plus nobody was injured or fall down. So my lawyer straight asked for a ptc. I am Considering changing lawyer to send reps and asking them do lower the sentencing. I dont want to cause both parties time too. But my lawyer hasent been guiding and adviseing me porperly. Now they sure will ask. For more money if it goes to trail.

My question is do i still have a chance to get a warning or fine. Jail term is too harsh for me. I habe never done any offense b4. Im clueless in court.

Does psychiatrist report helps to show them im not intentionally pushing them.

And should i consider hiring new lawyer.

Btw, sentencing is a court matter. Your rep is to AGC. They have prosecutorial discretion. Not the State Courts.

How is a psychiatrist able to report whether you had the intent to push or not? Also, whether you lose your job or not is not critical in AGC’s decision. Circumstances leading to your offence is.

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Market rate 5k. If kawan kawan 3k. 8.8k is broad daylight robbery!

Your lawyer should make representation on your behalf - plead for a conditional warning. If unsuccessful, his job is to try his best to get you a fine. You stand a chance. If it was VCH against public servant, no chance. Good luck.
Mine was a criminal force. Not vch. So what i need to do now is get a new lawyer?

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, sentencing is a court matter. Your rep is to AGC. They have prosecutorial discretion. Not the State Courts.

How is a psychiatrist able to report whether you had the intent to push or not? Also, whether you lose your job or not is not critical in AGC’s decision. Circumstances leading to your offence is.

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first lawyer now then say. We have the hsa report. We can get a psychiatrist to push for a repoirt and say have this problem 5hat prohlem blabla. I think too late

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your lawyer is taking you for a ride.
Simple case like this where got so expensive.
He wants go PTC just to drag tine.
Better cut this lawyer loose and hire one that do not charge by court appearance and a one time bao ka liao type.
I dun know specifics of case but I predict open plate for normal person is 3 months
Mine was a criminal force. Not vch. So what i need to do now is get a new lawyer?

Mine previous lawyer straight away tell the judge i want a trail. My meaning is not like that. I have no intention i was drunk. How can i know what I was doing. During the police statement. I was just being honest. How i only rmb abit.the statement i gave them was even diff from the investigation revealed. Trial sure expensive. I know i made a mistake. I habe already showed i didn do it intentionally.all i want to ask is try to ask them lower to fine or... At least not a jail term till 4 weeks. My question is now. During the ptc 1. Do i have a chance to say i was misguided by my first lawyer. Cause i know i will be double if my case failed

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually at the PTC you’ll know how long is the sentence you’ll looking at.
Unless the DPP play you out.
Good luck. Many a times depends on your luck of the judge.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Write in to AGC yourself. Save you money. And based on your written English here, you are more than competent to put up your appeal.

First time charged in court? If first timer, inform DPP that you are untraced on criminal records. Include the fact that you are truly remorseful and promised never to reoffend again.

Try and come out with something to convince AGC the propensity of you committing the same is reduced to zero.

Please think of a good reason why you were intoxicated that night. Relationship, financial problems?

Good luck. You stand a chance of a conditional warning. If representation fails, a good mitigation plea may get you a fine.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine previous lawyer straight away tell the judge i want a trail. My meaning is not like that. I have no intention i was drunk. How can i know what I was doing. During the police statement. I was just being honest. How i only rmb abit.the statement i gave them was even diff from the investigation revealed. Trial sure expensive. I know i made a mistake. I habe already showed i didn do it intentionally.all i want to ask is try to ask them lower to fine or... At least not a jail term till 4 weeks. My question is now. During the ptc 1. Do i have a chance to say i was misguided by my first lawyer. Cause i know i will be double if my case failed

Please don’t go for trial. Sure to lose. All the prosecution need do is to tender statements of arresting officers at scene to convince the DJ case is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Most lawyers charge $5k per day. Yours won’t even take 2 hrs!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My first lawyer now then say. We have the hsa report. We can get a psychiatrist to push for a repoirt and say have this problem 5hat prohlem blabla. I think too late

You may want to read up on 2 key subject matters pertinent to your charge - voluntary vs involuntary intoxication, basic vs specific intent of offence.

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes its my first time court. I was told that the psychiatrist report will help to show then i have alcholic amneisia. Goldendragon, i have already did all that. All the written letters, aplologize letter. Hand written. But that was to the police i think. The agc should have it tho. Cause i rmb my lawyer did include it in them. So what i do now is to write again to agc? And also is it too late to back out from ptc?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes its my first time court. I was told that the psychiatrist report will help to show then i have alcholic amneisia. Goldendragon, i have already did all that. All the written letters, aplologize letter. Hand written. But that was to the police i think. The agc should have it tho. Cause i rmb my lawyer did include it in them. So what i do now is to write again to agc? And also is it too late to back out from ptc?

In future, please be careful with lawyers. Especially criminal lawyers. These bastards can’t be trusted. I’ve dealt with many of them previously. Even those ‘reputable’ ones. All crooks. You are better off trusting your pimp.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
In future, please be careful with lawyers. Especially criminal lawyers. These bastards can’t be trusted. I’ve dealt with many of them previously. Even those ‘reputable’ ones. All crooks. You are better off trusting your pimp.
KNN jobs or career that comes from the mishap of other people is better to be avoided as there are bound to be conflict of interest KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN jobs or career that comes from the mishap of other people is better to be avoided as there are bound to be conflict of interest KNN
KNN this is a very broad topic and covers too many areas KNN people usually just think along medical pharmaceutical undertakers etc which are all direct sinners but there are all the down streams beneficiary i.e. the resellers KNN all are sinful business KNN all this needs a patent controller to distribute the products KNN else avoid contacts to lessen your sin KNN

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal

There wont be a next time. I didn rob any 1 injured or degrade any1. Why do i deserve this.if i punched him. I got nthing to say. But i didn. Take a look at the Australian bogans fews year back at changi airport. My case isn't even like hes. Compared. I was even telling my friend this assie is a fucker. Now it happen to me. Sigh.

Eelmod

Alfrescian
Loyal
There wont be a next time. I didn rob any 1 injured or degrade any1. Why do i deserve this.if i punched him. I got nthing to say. But i didn. Take a look at the Australian bogans fews year back at changi airport. My case isn't even like hes. Compared. I was even telling my friend this assie is a fucker. Now it happen to me. Sigh.

I was at home. I didn cr8 public nusiance. All my brother wanted was assistant. Sigh. Ahclohol can change ur life.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was at home. I didn cr8 public nusiance. All my brother wanted was assistant. Sigh. Ahclohol can change ur life.
Take my advice. Don’t get drunk. Not worth it. And you never know or can get prepared for unexpected incidents while intoxicated. Good luck. Cheers.