• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Practical ways to save money during a deep recession?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eat at foodcourts rather than cook.

but hawker centres still much cheaper than foodcourts, where they overcharge so much (STOMP) for lousy and small quantity of food?

only thing about good about foodcourt is the air-con, the rest are all junks.

so packed and the seats are arranged so closed to one another i could smell the armpit of someone beside me.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
but hawker centres still much cheaper than foodcourts, where they overcharge so much (STOMP) for lousy and small quantity of food?

only thing about good about foodcourt is the air-con, the rest are all junks.

No lah. I give you example. You go hawker centre and you eat economy rice 2 meat and 1 vege = $3. You go foodcourt, it cost $3.50 to $$4.00 but air-con comfort and better ambience !!:biggrin:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should go supermarket shopping more and learn to cook my friend.

he's an owner of several foodcourts lah, a cheap and desperate attempt to encourage people to eat at food court to save money...lol..

to really save money you can use the following methods, with increasing expensive order.

1. Cook yourself. (Healthy)
2. Eat at hawker Center (Not Healthy)
3. Eat at FoodCourt (Not Healthy)

many food poisoning cases when you eat outside, because of hygiene issues with the faster rotting of food ingredients due to tropical weather. outside food tend to add more MSGs, salt, sugar and oils. helps to increase the risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, etc...if you want to die earlier, eat outside more!!

you don't really save money if you consistently need to pay money for medication to fix all the above ailments! in the long run, it's cheaper to cook at home. if you cannot cook, find a wife/husband who can cook lor! LOL

Last edited:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah. I give you example. You go hawker centre and you eat economy rice 2 meat and 1 vege = $3. You go foodcourt, it cost $3.50 to $$4.00 but air-con comfort and better ambience !!:biggrin:

where the fuck got $3.50-$4.00? your father's foodcourt?

1 vege no meat?

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, there does exist foodcourts that still offer those prices. Perhaps, what can be done by fellow monikers here, is to provide a database of cheap foodcourts, places of discount sales of items, with daily or weekly prices, to benefit all monikers and, ultimately, Singaporeans to shop and consume. Singapore attempts to practise free competition, so one of the basic premise of competition is free and near perfect information for consumers and producers. Given that Singapore is very well integrated, transportation wise, it makes go sense to travel around Singapore to purchase the cheapest products, after consideration of the time required. Transportation costs are generally not expensive in Singapore

visitor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cooking - must also consider time spent to shop, wash, electricity, clean up...If big family - can still consider.

Stop using washing machine - hand wash, can exercise some more. Ie. Change pants every 2 days.