• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ppl that live in private houses that don't like outsiders to throw rubbish into...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ppl that live in private houses that don't like outsiders to throw rubbish into..

Moi is the one who posted about the ah neh house owner putting a sign that says "DO NOT THROW DOG POO OUTSIDE THIS HOUSE OR IN THE BIN".
In this instance i assume it is perfectly ok to throw human poo, fill the bins with tree branches, etc like what Joety describe.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ppl that live in private houses that don't like outsiders to throw rubbish into..

Jah its not just dog poo and its not just the neighbours sometimes its people other then neighbours, gardeners maids etc they can fill up your bloody bin real fast with rubbish and branches and grass just because its convenient for them. And yes this may be funny, dog owners like me will throw our own dog poo into our own can but don't feel ok for others to so into our can, perhaps we fear others don't wrap the poo properly. For me whenever I was around I'll pull the bin in and night time leave it outside for collectors in the morning, so simple no need to fight anyone.

In Thailand the bin is inside the wall of the concrete fence see photo below (see botom left hand corner the grey door on the wall?), for this design most people outside will not open the bin door to throw stuff anyway you can lock it if you like.

I can understand the frustration if your neighbours fill up your bins and deprive you of your own usage. Essentially he is using the service you are paying for and if i were you i would be really pissed. We are talking about occasional dumping of a wrapped bag of poo weighing about 200g here. I have stayed in landed house for a couple of years before in Singapore and i have never had the issue of neighbours stuffing up my bin... this may sound a bit uppity but most landed house owners here do have some common courtesy not to do that.

I stayed in JB for 3 years and yes, my neighbour did occasionally stuffed up my bins but fortunately that happened only during garbage collection days. I did the same to them when i had more rubbish than usual... and we both had no issues with that at all.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

In all fairness landed house owners suffer their share of frustration as well... eg. those fucking lorries from nowhere that just park outside your house whenever they have a chance. There is nothing you can do because outside your house is public land. Then those who stay near the Thomson eateries, churches... will have unwanted patrons parking outside their house.

I would say it all boils down to some sense of reasonableness... just don't over-do it.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not believe that any individual has been misled.
No worries.
Your house looks good.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In all fairness landed house owners suffer their share of frustration as well... eg. those fucking lorries from nowhere that just park outside your house whenever they have a chance. There is nothing you can do because outside your house is public land. Then those who stay near the Thomson eateries, churches... will have unwanted patrons parking outside their house.

I would say it all boils down to some sense of reasonableness... just don't over-do it.

do i know you? since i was the unofficial parking warden for the neighbourhood at lornie where we had some of the parking problems you menton above:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

... this may sound a bit uppity but most landed house owners here do have some common courtesy not to do that.

I stayed in JB for 3 years and yes, my neighbour did occasionally stuffed up my bins but fortunately that happened only during garbage collection days. I did the same to them when i had more rubbish than usual... and we both had no issues with that at all.

恭喜发财;身体健康 LeMans2011

- I agree in Singapore there is such a thing as unwritten rule that's why I kept saying the culprits unlikely to be neighbours most likely people passing by and could public or private gardeners. Even my neighbours complain about these passers by and gardeners.

- Hey LeMans I think Malaysia neighbours do have some real "kampong spirit" unlike our pseudo wannabe sinkie kampong spirit to make PAP look good.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Honestly though are some home owners really that unreasonable or sensitive to take offence at ppl throwing rubbish into the dustbins outside their homes? Although i know dog poo is gross even if it's wrapped up but still the dustbin outside their homes does not belong to them and they aren't throwing out the rubbish.

Next time if you see people putting up these signs, just throw your rubbish at their gate. Since they don't want it in their bin, then nothing wrong to throw at the gate,.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

My neighbourhood not so bad as it was very new. Some old estates where you have those old Chinese businessmen they have lorries for their business they will get some of their trucks to be parked outside their place, just withing walking distance from me is older and I could see this happening.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I do not believe that any individual has been misled.
No worries.
Your house looks good.

Home now. My bloody flight was delayed due to mechanical fault in Suvarnabhumbi Airport and they got to change aircraft so delaying its arrival in Changi. Original flight last night for TG410 was 9pm leaving Changi, the flight arrived in Changi only at 10.30pm and left at 11.45pm (ya a bloody 2hrs 45mins delay) arriving in Bangkok at 12.40am (1.40am Singapore time). By the time wife and I got home almost 2am.

Anyway just took these shots of my dustbin area and this is how the Thais do it.

See the outside silver door to my dustbin? Collectors will open this and get access to the bin to clear. So because it has a door no one will come and open it to throw their rubbish.
CB492B8A-772C-4228-9802-03A24CD18328-504-000000106058AF1A.jpg

The other side of the wall, notice it has like a black cage door it can be locked so that burglars cannot come in. So you see it does not affect the inside of the house at all as its technically almost outside.
C5B352E4-21D6-40A3-A66B-FA3457A1D0A8-504-000000105E83242B.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Looks to me the same model of house. Also the Lexus looks inviting.

Yes I agree looks almost the same. Mine is rented 9 years old now. Been renting here for past 4 years going to 5. Land about 220 sqm inside the 2 storey 3 bedroom house is 200 sqm so its quite ok for the three of us with the dog. Ok ok it cost only 22,000 bath per month less than S$1000 (used to be 24,000 baht for first 2 years). But I'm looking forward to my own place I think should be end next year and I am doing the designing and material sourcing this year. Really exciting.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this is how i do mine at my shop. i am ok with strangers for using my dustbin but they better do it with respect. anyway, the rubbish collector come every morning. the dustbin has a catch to prevent dogs from scavenging the bin.

20130212_095043_zpsc9a53628.jpg