• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Potong Pasir Appeal

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At 4PM, members of the SPP were preparing petition forms to the residents of Potong Pasir. Their aim is to collect 8,000 signatures to petition for a by election as the winning margins (74 votes) were too close to call.

Apparently within 6 months of the election, so long as there is a dispute if the petition has more than half of registered voters in that particular electoral division, the residents can appeal for a by-election.

Is this possible? Anyway, Potong Pasir Residents are gathering at Block 108 and collecting signatures, names and their NRIC as we speak from 4PM onwards till 9PM.

A lion, no matter how old is still a lion, writing him off casually would be dangerous indeed.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if ttz d case den dey shd vote spp at d first plc, petition will not be needed.
perhaps some percentage cant slp soundly at nite?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiam See Tong - the Lion of Potong Pasir

1284542565_470x353_majestic-lion.jpg

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
It'll be wonderful!

I heard that for a recount / or appeal, the winning margin should not be more than 2%.

please correct me if I am wrong. So, there is hope for Potong Pasir & Joo Chiat... let us hope for a re-election for these 2 SMC... then we will have a total of 8 seats!!! in Parliament!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are at least 1000 houses in Sennett estate, a middle/upper middle class private housing estate. many have children who are studying overseas. maybe at least 300.

Joo Chiat also many in private housing. Also many children studying overseas.

get the numbers and an exciting re-election can happen.

Also, i do not see the PAP MP at PP getting an easy time. He will get many KNNNBs from resident.

PP is really a estate with soul and old charm like Hougang.....alot of Kampong spirit where people help each other.....unlike PAP runned estates, where residents are souless in their search for material comfort
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im worried, even tpl can be voted in, might have more disappointment
spore is full of ingrates.
there might be more void votes....

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
He need a rest. Take a holiday. Potong Pasir people have been the sacrificial lamb of democracy for 27 years ? I think enough is enough.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If enough have got the guts yesterday then no need for such antics today.
Winning margin however slim is still a majority. Cannot get 8000 votes last night, then expect to get 8000 names on petition today?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If enough have got the guts yesterday then no need for such antics today.
Winning margin however slim is still a majority. Cannot get 8000 votes last night, then expect to get 8000 names on petition today?

Well said! It's not called "first passed the post" for nothing.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP won back PP after more than 20 years and you think they will give it back? No way. Besides PP is in need of more upgrading which PAP is ever so willing to give. After 5 years and upgraded the opposition will fight to get it back, a win-win situation.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad day for PP but we should respect democratic process....
overseas voters must be registered to vote overseas by something like 19Apr 2011.
many did not register......some claimed ignorance.
anyway i read somewhere the nos. of overseas voters is 62?.....not enough to change the results.
it is in the Rules that if overseas voters results can change the outcome; no winner will be declare on the nite/morning.
difference less than 2% only allowed for recounts to be done....