• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Potong Pasir - A soon-to-be forgotten place in Spore history?

TITW

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fear for the people and constituency of Potong Pasir.

After 20+ years, the pple decided to turn the other cheek and vote for the ruling party.

It could a a good move or it could be a bad one.. only time will time. PP members could have shot themselves in the foot. Going by its 'track record', we could possibly see PP broke up and merged into various GRCs. Remember Anson and Cheng San and what happened to them?

Are the people of PP are happy with their decision now.... I wonder.

I fear PP will be no more in 5 years time... sigh. A name that will go down in the annals of Spore's history. Bye Bye PP... it was nice know you :(

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will avoid going to Potong Pasir from now on. A place crawling full of ingrates and traitors who have conveniently forgotten how hard Mr Chiam worked for them. Bunch of bullshits!

TITW

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, you should go and take photos so that u can show them to your grand children cos in 5 years' time, it might not be there any more.

Lian9

Alfrescian
Loyal
a miscalculated risk that went haywire. honestly, u cany blame pple of pp nor bishan/toa payoh.

cst didnt seem to do much for pp and if i am staying in b/tp, i will be skeptical too. if cst can be ard for 5 yrs to look after e consti interests. as for mrs chiam, the live debate alone was a total turn off.

i love opp, but i cant vote blindly as well right. my consti is punggol west but i vote for wp.

kinda strange, my actual add is in sk but i am under punggol west.

I fear for the people and constituency of Potong Pasir.

After 20+ years, the pple decided to turn the other cheek and vote for the ruling party.

It could a a good move or it could be a bad one.. only time will time. PP members could have shot themselves in the foot. Going by its 'track record', we could possibly see PP broke up and merged into various GRCs. Remember Anson and Cheng San and what happened to them?

Are the people of PP are happy with their decision now.... I wonder.

I fear PP will be no more in 5 years time... sigh. A name that will go down in the annals of Spore's history. Bye Bye PP... it was nice know you :(

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will be absorbed by TP-Bishan GRC. The old neighbourhoods will be en bloc away and the Oppo supporters dispersed. Those who thought they could have a bite on the carrots will find themselves having to pay more for a smaller pigeonhole. And they won't know what to say when that happens.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
PP voters will have to refinance their mortgage since their property is not worth more than others. Those who old cannot refinance will have to downgrade than they have now. Bye bye PP and Hillview voters loved you to join them in Goodview.

It will be absorbed by TP-Bishan GRC. The old neighbourhoods will be en bloc away and the Oppo supporters dispersed. Those who thought they could have a bite on the carrots will find themselves having to pay more for a smaller pigeonhole. And they won't know what to say when that happens.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be absorbed by TP-Bishan GRC. The old neighbourhoods will be en bloc away and the Oppo supporters dispersed. Those who thought they could have a bite on the carrots will find themselves having to pay more for a smaller pigeonhole.

The people of PP have voted themselves into more misery...... the HDB blks under PP at Lor 8 Toa Payoh will be going SERS and those that want the replacement pigeonholes have to "top-up" for the replacement flats...... going by the current HDB prices most of them will have to pay and pay for the rest of their life. :mad:

Last edited:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potong Pasir flats gonna increase in price......Property agents r bery happy now...
More upgrading programmes.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potong Pasir flats gonna increase in price......Property agents r bery happy now...
More upgrading programmes.

Many shopowners are gonna cry soon....... rental which have not been raised while under CST's rule will now be brought up to par with the rest of the nation...... meaning some shops may see 200-400% increase in rent.

NEA/MOM/ICA oredi moving in to "check" the coffeeshop in Blk 136 :mad:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many shopowners are gonna cry soon....... rental which have not been raised while under CST's rule will now be brought up to par with the rest of the nation...... meaning some shops may see 200-400% increase in rent.

NEA/MOM/ICA oredi moving in to "check" the coffeeshop in Blk 136 :mad:

You will see kopitiam and koufu. One bowl of noodles $5. PP residents this only one of the many retributions coming soon. Reserve your money for lift upgrading. No money? Sell you house and stay in the lift.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dey sell their souls and betray CST.
if u wan upgrade, u all shd voted PAP long ago why only after 20 over years?
juz a upgrade can bribe your soul? jiak sai lah :oIo:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pity the residents of PP that vote Sitoh. Soon they will know what is BUTOH....

TITW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember Anson and Cheng San and what happened to them?

one more to add.. Eunos GRC.

How ironic, if it was the pple of former Eunos (they were subsequently absorbed into Aljunied GRC in 1997) tt had a hand into the downfall of the incumbent in that constituency. Just a guess.

Last edited: