• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"PoThePanda" found guilty of threatening PM Lee via private Facebook messages

Nuance

Alfrescian
Loyal

"PoThePanda" found guilty of threatening PM Lee via private Facebook messages

20151006-Reters-STPMLeefacebook.jpg

Photo: The Straits Times, Reuters

Tuesday, Oct 6, 2015

SINGAPORE - A 33-year-old man has been convicted of criminal intimidation on Tuesday (Oct 6), after he sent four identical threatening messages to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong via Facebook, local media reported.

Tan Yeong Hong also pleaded guilty to two counts of hurting two policemen.

Channel NewsAsia (CNA) reported that Tan became frustrated after attending a Meet the People's Session (MPS) in PM Lee's Ang Mo Kio ward on Jun 24 only to find that the PM would not be there.

The report added that Tan wanted to pass PM Lee an article he had typed but had to pass the letter to a grassroots leader instead.

According to CNA, Tan said he had brought a hammer to the MPS, but claimed he did not have any intention of using it.

Tan wrote in his four threatening messages: "Eh, you challenged me to visit your MPS but you are not here. I will find and stage an attack on you when I have information on your public appearances (sic) . You know who I am".

He also left his NRIC number and handphone number in the messages.

According to the report, Tan claimed he was prompted to do so by "someone with a hidden audio and surveillance device planted in my house". He added that the same people had asked him to look for PM Lee when he made a public appearance. Despite his claims, Tan said he had not seen the surveillance device before.

On Jun 25, a senior manager of the Online Communications Unit of the Prime Minister's Office, which manages Mr Lee's social media accounts, lodged a police report about the four messages.

When police officers approached him at Hougang Avenue 1 at about 7.55pm the same day, Tan refused to provide his identity and turned hostile.

He punched a policeman and elbowed another in the face but was subsequently arrested.

CNA reported that upon searching his home, police found assorted dangerous weapons including a hammer, two choppers and several knives. A list of PM's upcoming public appearances was also found.

According to CNA, Deputy Public Prosecutor Andre Chong said that psychiatric reports show that Tan suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, which had been left untreated at the time of his offences.

The psychiatric report stated that the illness played "a large contributory role in (his) offending behaviour". However, it concluded that Tan was not found to be of unsound mind and is still fit to plead.

[email protected]