• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Possible electoral divisions WP will contest in 2016

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think WP will contest these wards in 2016 probably will send 30-40 candidates with several SMCs involved in multi corner fights if the boundaries still remain the same. But I think PAP will form around 20+ SMCs and many GRCs at risk will be split up.

Aljunied (5)
Ang Mo Kio (6) send a rookie team to test waters
East Coast (5)
Tenpenis (5)
Pasir Ris Punggol (5) (now SDA has no bargaining power and their recent win in PE and the unpopularity of TCH makes PRP back into WP's radar)
Kallang Moumeim (4)
Hougang (1)
Joo Chiat (1)
Punggol East (1)
Sengkang West (1)
Marine Parade??? (unlikely since Nicole Seah and Jeanette Chong is still fond of that place)

Total 34 seats

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think WP will contest these wards in 2016 probably will send 30-40 candidates with several SMCs involved in multi corner fights if the boundaries still remain the same. But I think PAP will form around 20+ SMCs and many GRCs at risk will be split up.

Aljunied (5)
Ang Mo Kio (6) send a rookie team to test waters
East Coast (5)
Tenpenis (5)
Pasir Ris Punggol (5) (now SDA has no bargaining power and their recent win in PE and the unpopularity of TCH makes PRP back into WP's radar)
Kallang Moumeim (4)
Hougang (1)
Joo Chiat (1)
Punggol East (1)
Sengkang West (1)
Marine Parade??? (unlikely since Nicole Seah and Jeanette Chong is still fond of that place)

Total 34 seats

They shouldnt send a team to Ang Mo Kio to fool around and wast efforts there. Do the rest.

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
They shouldnt send a team to Ang Mo Kio to fool around and wast efforts there. Do the rest.

Nee Soon GRC (5)

I think they will move into Pasir Ris Punggol Pprovided they have enough manpower and sense that Pinocchio is very unpopular now the only reason why Pasir Ris Punggol got 65% is because SDA send in a bunch of fools there and not because Pinocchio is popular.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nee Soon GRC (5)

I think they will move into Pasir Ris Punggol Pprovided they have enough manpower and sense that Pinocchio is very unpopular now the only reason why Pasir Ris Punggol got 65% is because SDA send in a bunch of fools there and not because Pinocchio is popular.

Uh huh. But first they have to gather numbers. Then divide by quality of candidates. Front line teams to key GRCs. Medium to hard PAP. And then the newbies

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The cynic in me is saying the WP won't contest Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. Because the WP could jolly well win this GRC, and that could be a frightful thought for LTK.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Winning any campaign using old medieval Mecedonian/Roman/Chinese/Persian/European arts-of-war according to Sylvia Lim is why the Mongols, Tartars, Visigoths, Gauls & Vikings walk all over em for 1500yrs.

You will be an asset to the WP. Join them bro.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cynic in me is saying the WP won't contest Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. Because the WP could jolly well win this GRC, and that could be a frightful thought for LTK.

If LTK is uneasy with a WP victory in PR-P GRC, maybe it is time he allow someone else to take over his role. Something tells me something's fishy.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If LTK is uneasy with a WP victory in PR-P GRC, maybe it is time he allow someone else to take over his role. Something tells me something's fishy.

I don't think LTK will be uneasy about a PR-P and EC victory per se. His number one worry will be managing party members' expectations. It takes a very savvy leader to do that. I think LTK remains the best man for the job at this moment.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

That fishy feeling is still with me too. Although LTK is loved by Hougangers and supporters from all over Singapore, I fear he is not the guy to take the WP to the next level. Today, WP is like a small business and LTK is the owner/manager. If they want to expand the reach to all over Singapore, WP needs to be a bigger company. Thats when "professional managers" are needed. I hope that when that day comes, LTK will be gracious to step aside. The last thing we want to see is our beloved WP imploding, power struggle, vote of no confidence......very messy.

TFBH mentioned LTK's number one worry will be managing party members' expectations. That has been on my mind too. With the increase of credible, well educated and well travelled people joining the ranks of the WP, will LTK's general policy of PAP appeasement (playing within PAP defined boundaries) go down well with the new blood? How long before members want the WP to take on the PAP by the horns? Some say LTK is lying low and docile, only to pounce when the time is ripe. I just don't see that happening.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
That fishy feeling is still with me too. Although LTK is loved by Hougangers and supporters from all over Singapore, I fear he is not the guy to take the WP to the next level. Today, WP is like a small business and LTK is the owner/manager. If they want to expand the reach to all over Singapore, WP needs to be a bigger company. Thats when "professional managers" are needed. I hope that when that day comes, LTK will be gracious to step aside. The last thing we want to see is our beloved WP imploding, power struggle, vote of no confidence......very messy.

TFBH mentioned LTK's number one worry will be managing party members' expectations. That has been on my mind too. With the increase of credible, well educated and well travelled people joining the ranks of the WP, will LTK's general policy of PAP appeasement (playing within PAP defined boundaries) go down well with the new blood? How long before members want the WP to take on the PAP by the horns? Some say LTK is lying low and docile, only to pounce when the time is ripe. I just don't see that happening.

As I said before, I can't see a post-WP Low. Only a post Low WP may form a shadow and then actual non PAP government. Sylvia may take over given her English speaking skills, but that would alienate the Chinese base. Don't see any of the other CEC people as leaders.

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is not run like PAP or SDP or SPP.
Come help WP as volunteer for 1-3 yrs to attain membership.
U will be surprised how most decisions are made by volunteers, members & CEC without any interference fm anyone incl LTK.
LTK is ready to leave anytime as he know e party is at saturation point where all e brain, power & party machinaries r already in place for e long haul.

In his place if he ever do, will be another cool head to steer e ship, Sylvia Lim.

WP dun accept direct membership.
Even CSM had to volunteer for 3 yrs b4 being considered for membership & 1 more yr of party work before e party cadres, old guards, CEC & members support his contest.

WP is an open platform, & no one will be ask by anyone to come help u in ya event/campaign.
If u r not up to standard, u will soon realise all ya followers deserting u for others in e party & u will be hard up when GE comes.
Part of e reason why flies like Eric, Sajeev, Fazli, Hazel, Tony, James, GMS & CTL left is bcos they couldn't find any party volunteers willing to follow em.
Without a following, u can't do anything.

BTW, LTK speaks English to everyone; he is not a Chinese chauvinist.
And his Bedok Reservoir Punggol team has e highest number of minorities & youngsters running e show.
Join BRP team as a volunteer if u dun believe.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is not run like PAP or SDP or SPP.
Come help WP as volunteer for 1-3 yrs to attain membership.
U will be surprised how most decisions are made by volunteers, members & CEC without any interference fm anyone incl LTK.
LTK is ready to leave anytime as he know e party is at saturation point where all e brain, power & party machinaries r already in place for e long haul.

In his place if he ever do, will be another cool head to steer e ship, Sylvia Lim.

WP dun accept direct membership.
Even CSM had to volunteer for 3 yrs b4 being considered for membership & 1 more yr of party work before e party cadres, old guards, CEC & members support his contest.

WP is an open platform, & no one will be ask by anyone to come help u in ya event/campaign.
If u r not up to standard, u will soon realise all ya followers deserting u for others in e party & u will be hard up when GE comes.
Part of e reason why flies like Eric, Sajeev, Fazli, Hazel, Tony, James, GMS & CTL left is bcos they couldn't find any party volunteers willing to follow em.
Without a following, u can't do anything.

BTW, LTK speaks English to everyone; he is not a Chinese chauvinist.
And his Bedok Reservoir Punggol team has e highest number of minorities & youngsters running e show.
Join BRP team as a volunteer if u dun believe.

Why isnt CSM in the inner CEC?

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is e newest member around.

& u need to work yaself up fm flier boy/gal all e way to Election Agent to be in CEC.
This is e steps put up by e cadres & old guards like what Unker Ee Pin had lay in front of us.
If u dun follow these step or skip some steps like CSM, u will definitely be delayed in making CEC.

Most WP peeps incl candidates & MP couldn't give a hoot bout CEC!
Fight for CEC is for party that dun have chance to reach e parliament.
When u have a clear objective; that is to help e residents by volunteering or by going to e Parl or both, u couldn't care if u r CEC, cadre or not.

It' will take CSM few muar yrs to be in CEC, if he is interested, which I think he is NOT.
U will be surprised to see many volunteers never even ask for membership even after years of volunteering.
Similarly, u will be surprised many members couldn't give a hoot bout cadres, CEC or being made a candidate.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM is e newest member around.

& u need to work yaself up fm flier boy/gal all e way to Election Agent to be in CEC.
This is e steps put up by e cadres & old guards like Unker Ee Pin for us.
If u dun follow these step or skip some steps like CSM, u will definitely be delayed in making CEC.

Most WP peeps incl candidates & MP couldn't give a hoot bout CEC!
Fight for CEC is for party that dun have chance to reach e parliament.
When u have a clear objective; that is to help e residents by volunteering or by going to e Parl or both, u couldn't care if u r CEC, cadre or not.

It' will take CSM few muar yrs to be in CEC, if he is interested, which I think he is NOT.
U will be surprised to see many volunteers never even ask for membership even after years of volunteering.
Similarly, u will be surprised many members couldn't give a hoot bout cadres, CEC or being made a candidate.

CEC is the way to improve a party.

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
CEC is the way to improve a party.

For a small party, CEC is used to run everything & make all decision.
BIG partay, CEC only used to discipline ppl like Poh Lee Guan.

BIG party like WP can't be run by just 11 ppl in CEC.
So in BIG party, based on Mongolian strategy in conquering 5 civilisations adopted by Sylvia, e team is broken into 6 independent units since 2006 (now make it 7 after BE2013).
Each unit make their own decision, find their own resource & act on their own accord.

Unless someone goes berserk & disciplinary action is necessited , CEC play no part as they emselves r broken into these 7 teams

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a small party, CEC is used to run everything & make all decision.
BIG partay, CEC only used to discipline ppl like Poh Lee Guan.

BIG party like WP can't be run by just 11 ppl in CEC.
So in BIG party, based on Mongolian strategy in conquering 5 civilisations adopted by Sylvia, e team is broken into 6 independent units since 2006 (now make it 7 after BE2013).
Each unit make their own decision, find their own resource & act on their own accord.

Unless someone goes berserk & disciplinary action is necessited , CEC play no part as they emselves r broken into these 7 teams

Given his star status academically and career wise, why isn't CSM then leading any improvements in WP

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given his star status academically and career wise, why isn't CSM then leading any improvements in WP

Improve?
Maybe SDP, NSP, RP, SDA, DPP, SJP, SF & etc needs improvement.
Don't try to fix something that is ain't broken.

MPS cases are resolved quickly and most cases can be successfully closed.
Party unity, recruitment, resource & machinaries are working well.
TC are well managed.
Media sexposure, public image is growing.
What else u wanna do?
Scream & shout like CSJ?

CSM is leading $10mil AIC eldercare scheme ie mobility aid for elderly & disabled residents.
That's his project.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Improve?
Maybe SDP, NSP, RP, SDA, DPP, SJP, SF & etc needs improvement.
Don't try to fix something that is ain't broken.

MPS cases are resolved quickly and most cases can be successfully closed.
Party unity, recruitment, resource & machinaries are working well.
TC are well managed.
Media sexposure, public image is growing.
What else u wanna do?
Scream & shout like CSJ?

CSM is leading $10mil AIC eldercare scheme ie mobility aid for elderly & disabled residents.
That's his project.

Don't rest on yoru laurels. WP still has to change to become a party that can be a governing government and have proper alternative polices. Don't say they are the best always. No one is.

FredTan76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't rest on yoru laurels. WP still has to change to become a party that can be a governing government and have proper alternative polices. Don't say they are the best always. No one is.

The kegs and pegs are in place & running.
Just sit back & enjoy.
Trying to hard like NSP, RP & SDP is of no use