• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Portugal so lousy also can get in Semi Final

Conte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha ha. I've ferreted out all your clones. Go teach them the meaning of 'upset'. G'nite.:biggrin:

I have thousands in this forum so good luck to u. I won't reply u word for word, will debut my new clones, then go do some bookie work then i'll see u clowns later, alligator. :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is so embarrassing. A simple sentence of England (English), this ah tiong PR can make it confusing :biggrin:

Who's embarrassing?

Are you still going to insist that Italy beating Germany is an upset? Or is it the other way round? Forumers here can read the Jurgen's post and judge for themselves. :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have thousands in this forum so good luck to u. I won't reply u word for word, will debut my new clones, then go do some bookie work then i'll see u clowns later, alligator. :biggrin:

Why do all of you PAP porlumpars find it so difficult to admit you're wrong? Just like your masters. Don't sue me, OK? Sigh.:biggrin:

Jurgen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do all of you PAP porlumpars find it so difficult to admit you're wrong? Just like your masters. Don't sue me, OK? Sigh.:biggrin:

There i had waiting for this post. BTW it's another lame attempt from u again as from all other PAP IB clones over the years in this forum. You will be disappointed to know that u have failed again in your lame attempt so nothing changes. :biggrin: And oh u must be a moron to attach real life reputation to anonymous nicks and a forum full of clones. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who's the cockeye here? This is Jurgen's post: http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....o-can-get-in-Semi-Final&p=2471365#post2471365

Italy defeating Germany is never an upset. These are the two most successful football teams in Europe, bar none.

Unlike England defeating Brazil or Iceland defeating England.
Upcoming matches that leads to the finals..

Hopefully Italy upsets the reigning world champions.

Favorites Belgium expected to beat Wales.

Then i hope to see Italy vs Belgium again in the finals :biggrin:

I'm sure Belgium don't want that and will find it a nightmare :biggrin:

This proves that the tiong PR has poor understanding in English. :biggrin:

Any football enthusiasts will know that and besides, Google can fetch u the stats.

In this tournament Italy has been underdogs from their first match with hot favorites Belgium and also underdog as in betting odds in their next match with Germany "so hopefully Italy upsets the reigning world champions" statement is base on a match basis and in this Euro 2016 competition moron. :biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this tournament Italy has been underdogs from their first match with hot favorites Belgium and also underdog as in betting odds in their next match with Germany "so hopefully Italy upsets the reigning world champions" statement is base on a match basis and in this Euro 2016 competition moron. :biggrin:

This rule doesn't apply to pedigreed teams with tradition, especially the handful that have won 2 or more World Cups or Euros.

If Argentina were to meet Brazil in the Copa finals, even if Argentina were the favourites and Brazil the underdogs, no sports commentator or journalist would describe a Brazilian victory as an 'upset'. No one described Italy's well-deserved victory over Spain, the reigning champs, as an upset

Among the powerhouse nations (sorry, England isn't one of them), the form book and odds may fluctuate from tournament to tournament, but victories or defeats between these nations do not count as an upset, regardless of underdog status. That's because in football tradition matters. Those who know their soccer know this truism.

Last edited:

Ramsey

Alfrescian
Loyal
This rule doesn't apply to pedigreed teams with tradition, especially the handful that have won 2 or more World Cups or Euros.

If Argentina were to meet Brazil in the Copa finals, even if Argentina were the favourites and Brazil the underdogs, no sports commentator or journalist would describe a Brazilian victory as an 'upset'. No one described Italy's well-deserved victory over Spain, the reigning champs, as an upset

Among the powerhouse nations (sorry, England isn't one of them), the form book and odds may fluctuate from tournament to tournament, but victories or defeats between these nations do not count as an upset, regardless of underdog status. That's because in football tradition matters. Those who know their soccer know this truism.

You should have notice my subliminal message from my clone Jurgen below and cash from it... did u? :biggrin: with u keeping this thread up yesterday, hope some non active lurkers and guests had.. notice how i wrote it? I will never be direct about it because i gain nothing it and because of the mentality of the majority in this forum. :biggrin:

Extracted :

"Wales can upset Belgium, if not play into ET and penalties. If Belgium can beat Wales then also fine"

My original message was "If Belgium can" and not If Belgium beat Wales. There lies the opportunity for those pundits who bet on loser sgpools by no choice to claim from them but then there are blind faith Belgium supporters :biggrin:

In general, Belgium is a risky bet due to their inconsistent form and no unity in play, can't gel well as a team. This is where they hurt their supporters pockets : First a disappointing performance against Italy, then goes on to thrash Hungary 4-0. Wow. Impressive. All the media hype and spotlight on Eden Hazard returning to his best - only to lose 3-1 to Wales. For Wales to beat them is not impossible because Wales has done it on paper but
honestly even myself didn't expect Belgium to lose by that scoreline so all in all Belgium is LOUSY if u don't want to give Wales too much credit. :biggrin:

As the saying goes... Lightning don't hit the same spot twice and All good things must come to an end :biggrin:

Portugal will face either Wales or Belgium in the semi final. Wales can upset Belgium, if not play into ET and penalties. If Belgium can beat Wales then also fine because then either Portugal or Belgium will be eliminated. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You should have notice my subliminal message from my clone Jurgen below and cash from it... did u? :biggrin: with u keeping this thread up yesterday, hope some non active lurkers and guests had.. notice how i wrote it? I will never be direct about it because i gain nothing it and because of the mentality of the majority in this forum. :biggrin:

Extracted :

My original message was "If Belgium can" and not If Belgium beat Wales. There lies the opportunity for those pundits who bet on loser sgpools by no choice to claim from them but then there are blind faith Belgium supporters :biggrin:

In general, Belgium is a risky bet due to their inconsistent form and no unity in play, can't gel well as a team. This is where they hurt their supporters pockets : First a disappointing performance against Italy, then goes on to thrash Hungary 4-0. Wow. Impressive. All the media hype and spotlight on Eden Hazard returning to his best - only to lose 3-1 to Wales. For Wales to beat them is not impossible because Wales has done it on paper but
honestly even myself didn't expect Belgium to lose by that scoreline so all in all Belgium is LOUSY if u don't want to give Wales too much credit. :biggrin:

As the saying goes... Lightning don't hit the same spot twice and All good things must come to an end :biggrin:

the Belgium squad was already doomed before they took the field, Their coach knew it and their players knew it. Without Vertoghen and Vermaelen, the defence was disorganized, especially the centre and they paid for it. I never like Lukaku, as I never thought he had the work rate and also wasted many opportunities. I expected that the Welsh might win this one, only regreted not putting money on it.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can put this down to luck. If not for the change in format, they wouldn't have made it to the summit. Euro 2016 is probably one of the poorest I've seen in a long long time. Not a single outstanding player to name, nevermind a team. Thank God it's over.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Portugal Football in last 16 years.

European Championship:

2000 - Semi-finalists

2004 - Finalists (Host)

2008 - Quarter-finalists

2012 - Semi-finalists

2016 - Champion of Europe

World Cup:

2002 - Group stage

2006 - Semi-finalists

2010 - Round of 16

2014 - Group stage

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You can put this down to luck. If not for the change in format, they wouldn't have made it to the summit. Euro 2016 is probably one of the poorest I've seen in a long long time. Not a single outstanding player to name, nevermind a team. Thank God it's over.

Simi lancheow luck you talking about? Portugal got lucky? Ronaldo lost in the 25 min due to a drity tackle from Payet, that's lucky for Portugal? I think you need to watch some football before making comments on it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Portugal got robbed 12 years ago by lowly Greece.
Last night they rob France back.
Ball is round anything is possible.....even Leicester city can be kings of BPL

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
if lousy brits can end up in world cup finals grandfather years ago, nothing is impossible. greece n portugal proved the best players are far from merseyside.