• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Por Lum Par

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May 25, 2010

Thanks to Dr Goh's caring widow

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I HAD the privilege of paying my respects to Dr Goh Keng Swee at Parliament House, having coincidentally flown back here for medical treatment.
Like the thousands of well-wishers who went, I was ushered through a respectful, safe and smoothly run wake, thanks to the hundreds of officers and volunteers who gave their all to honour Dr Goh and the nation.
I could not help but notice Dr Goh's wife sitting there looking tired as we shuffled out of the hall. She had been patiently witnessing the long hours of the proceedings despite her grief and fatigue, and I realised we had not thanked the family, and particularly the woman who had stood by the man we so respect all these years.
I wish to express my deepest gratitude to Mrs Goh and the family.
Raymond Tham

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I HAD the privilege of paying my respects to Dr Goh Keng Swee at Parliament House

wow lan ooi. stupid fucker.

attend funeral = privilege??

i sincerely wish that may u have this 'privilege' every week in your life:biggrin:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are very funny, when Dr Goh is alive - No one seek the privilege to visit him, por his lum par.

After his death, do all these to honour Him! A bit too late right!!??

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You all don't say until so bad hor!

After his death got a lot of story tellers & elite self promotion.
:p

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal

You all don't say until so bad hor!

After his death got a lot of story tellers & elite self promotion.
:p

ya lor, the most memorable eulogy i ever heard was harry's self written, self read eulogy for himself. knn, i never heard any eulogy that mentions himself & other matters more than the person laying in the casket.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
May 25, 2010

I HAD the privilege of paying my respects to Dr Goh Keng Swee at Parliament House, having coincidentally flown back here for medical treatment.
Like the thousands of well-wishers who went, I was ushered through a respectful, safe and smoothly run wake, thanks to the hundreds of officers and volunteers who gave their all to honour Dr Goh and the nation.
I could not help but notice Dr Goh's wife sitting there looking tired as we shuffled out of the hall. She had been patiently witnessing the long hours of the proceedings despite her grief and fatigue, and I realised we had not thanked the family, and particularly the woman who had stood by the man we so respect all these years.
Raymond Tham

hi there

1. isn't this another attention-seeking character at work?
2. pay respect and shut up!
3. is there a need to brag about?
4. sheepishtimes just has no material or depth to cover such crap!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. isn't this another attention-seeking character at work?
2. pay respect and shut up!
3. is there a need to brag about?
4. sheepishtimes just has no material or depth to cover such crap!

Wonder if he would feel privilege to attend the ANZAC day memorial at Krangi..when invited?

The 'bor lumpar's will befighting over each other to the privilege one to attend Lee Kuan Yew funeral...he would be so thrilled that, the will lay in a box too...:biggrin:

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
May 25, 2010

Raymond Tham

So mr tham what's your point?????

jw5

Loyal
Mr Tham

It would be great if you could thank her personally and privately.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beleive writer is hoping that he may be 'privilege' enough to be invited to attend the grand finale of someone we all know.

He sounded like being invited to a party. tsk tsk.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It would be an honor to be invited to a certain politician's funeral.

Just to make sure it's truly dead and gone.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Beleive writer is hoping that he may be 'privilege' enough to be invited to attend the grand finale of someone we all know.

He sounded like being invited to a party. tsk tsk.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are very funny, when Dr Goh is alive - No one seek the privilege to visit him, por his lum par.

After his death, do all these to honour Him! A bit too late right!!??

u r right. and this not only apply to Dr Goh case, we should spend more time with our parents, ask old friends for coffee chat etc...

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actulally it is a cynical fact of life in human affairs.

When someone is still alive, it is not the norm to eulogise him - how great how wondeful even if all true.

Seems the natural thing to do is WHEN someone dies, THEN the praises & eulogies come out.

Yes, tributes can stilll be paid when someone great is still alive.
But nothing beats when it is all done upon his passing.

It has been like that thoughout history, whether it is Churchill, Roosevelt, Reagan etc.