• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Popular Public Support For Bus,Train Fare Changes

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new fare changes are welcome by one and all. As a shareholder, I am not happy :mad:

Commuters generally welcome bus, train fare changesBy Hoe Yeen Nie/Greta Georges Habib, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 13 September 2008 0017 hrs

SINGAPORE: Public response to the forthcoming public transport fare adjustments has generally been positive.

While commuters welcomed the higher rebates for transfers to get to their destinations, some said they would not mind paying more for direct journeys as transfers are too troublesome.

"I don't really like taking multiple trips, because it wastes a lot of time. So I'd rather pay a few cents more, take a direct trip," said a commuter.

Concession fares for children and students will remain the same, as will the cost of monthly passes for students and National Servicemen. As for senior citizens, concession hours on weekdays have been extended to include the evening rush hour for train services run by SMRT.

"Sometimes, we go and visit our son, no need to rush to come back. Save money also," said an old man.

The government and transport operators, SBS Transit and SMRT Corp, are spending over S$5m to help low income families cope with the fare hike. They have jointly set aside S$5.2 million to fund an additional 130,000 public transport vouchers for low-income families.

A transport analyst said that removing the transfer penalty is an important step towards a hub-and-spoke transport system. But the issue is how to split the cost between operators and commuters.

"There's always some sharing of the burden, and there'll be winners and losers. All of these numbers are relatively small, so the winners are not big winners, and the losers are not big losers," said Professor Paul Barter from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.

He noted that this year's inflation numbers will likely factor into next year's fare review.

Prof Barter said: "One feature of the formula is that the inflation that is put into the formula is last year's inflation. So we see that the fare increase that was allowed this year is only 3 per cent, and in actual fact the Public Transport Council has only allowed 0.7 per cent on average.

"Because inflation has been higher this year, we would anticipate that next year the formula may allow for a higher increase." However he added that the burden of increase on commuters is likely to remain low.

- CNA/ir

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
You retards in this forum represents the extreme left of Anarchists and thugs. The general public has spoke,you morons need to STFU!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The local media is getting very surreal, lately. That's a good sign, the light the end of sinkie tunnel is beginning to light up.:wink:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
40% of them,as stated in the report.
60% of us will not benefit,if we are those who only take a single trip to work or else where.

they said SMRT and SBSTransist absorb about 10 cents of the 15 cents rebate for transfer. 5 cents will be absorb by 60% of us.
but is it really 10 cents,i believe the government will surely have something for SMRT and SBSTransist like maybe they can claim from the government or rebates in taxes.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>The new fare changes are welcome by one and all. As a shareholder, I am not happy :mad:<<<

How are u going to address your unhappiness?

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ROE in FY07 was 22.1% and in FY08 was 22.8%.

There is no rationale to increase fares as higher oil prices were more than offset by higher commuters ridership.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
General public in pappy's term is:

Get the response first, if to advantage blow it big. If not, filter and 'beautify' it, so that it is to advantage. :smile:

So long it has been, why do you still choose to believe blindly? :confused:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here, in Perth Transperth is the service provider. Although yes, every user has to pay, my guess is that there's a regulatory framework that makes it hard for Transperth to increase prices as and when they feel like it.

So if Transperth unilaterally increase prices without approval from the state government, they are liable to be sued by ordinary people in the district court here.

So in a sense, people here are better off.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here, in Perth Transperth is the service provider. Although yes, every user has to pay, my guess is that there's a regulatory framework that makes it hard for Transperth to increase prices as and when they feel like it.

So if Transperth unilaterally increase prices without approval from the state government, they are liable to be sued by ordinary people in the district court here.

So in a sense, people here are better off.

You retarded lying MF :mad: You conveniently forgot about the actualt fares the same way you forgot about the mother who gave birth to you and the country that raise you up by quitting on them..You bloody traitor. :mad:

Transperth fares are 5 times Singapore's fare.

Transperth fares
Effective: 1 July 2008

STANDARD CONCESSION
Cash SmartRider - cost per journey

3 Zones $4.30
$3.66
$3.23

4 Zones $5.10
$4.34
$3.83

5 Zones $6.20
$5.27
$4.65

6 Zones $7.10
$6.04
$5.33

7 Zones $8.20
$6.97
$6.15

8 Zones $8.90
$7.57
$6.68
$3.50

9 Zones $9.60
$8.16
$7.20

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
You retarded lying MF :mad: You conveniently forgot about the actualt fares the same way you forgot about the mother who gave birth to you and the country that raise you up by quitting on them..You bloody traitor. :mad:

Transperth fares are 5 times Singapore's fare.

Transperth fares
Effective: 1 July 2008

STANDARD CONCESSION
Cash SmartRider - cost per journey

3 Zones $4.30
$3.66
$3.23

4 Zones $5.10
$4.34
$3.83

5 Zones $6.20
$5.27
$4.65

6 Zones $7.10
$6.04
$5.33

7 Zones $8.20
$6.97
$6.15

8 Zones $8.90
$7.57
$6.68
$3.50

9 Zones $9.60
$8.16
$7.20

That is, if you use it a lot. As I said, you can choose the lifestyle that you want. And because suburbia areas are well supported with nearby shops and malls and other facilities, going to a supermarket by public transport isn't expensive.

I mean I went to Cannington's Carousel just yesterday to buy stuff. I spent about 70 aussie cents for the whole round trip. And that's because the return leg was 'no charge'. In Singapore, a 10 minute trip to and fro would cost one $1.20 at least.

And as for being a traitor, I can't be bothered to give you the honour by responding directly. You know well enough that we don't like you here; there's reasons for that.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is, if you use it a lot. As I said, you can choose the lifestyle that you want. And because suburbia areas are well supported with nearby shops and malls and other facilities, going to a supermarket by public transport isn't expensive.

I mean I went to Cannington's Carousel just yesterday to buy stuff. I spent about 70 aussie cents for the whole round trip. And that's because the return leg was 'no charge'. In Singapore, a 10 minute trip to and fro would cost one $1.20 at least.

And as for being a traitor, I can't be bothered to give you the honour by responding directly. You know well enough that we don't like you here; there's reasons for that.

Hey retard, do you realise how moronic you sound :mad: Lazy shitz like you do not have to work and so are not affected by the sky high fares in Perth. Do not forget that most people do work to earn a honest living instead of treating their mums like the ATM.

So you admit you treat you mother like dirt and quit on her to pursue your lazy decadent lifestyle.

People don't like me here cause I make known to them the brutal truth that they try to aviod. For example , you are an unfilial, ungrateful arsehole and that is the TRUTH.:mad:

sibehtoolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The increase is justified because we have a world class transport system with a world class leadership. We're paying peanut fares for our safety on the road.Our roads are first class.Our traffic is first class. Our gantries are first class. Everything on the road is first class except our charges which are actually peenuts! Why complain so much? We're the best in the world in everything.Paying peenuts is nothing compared to other countries.We must be forever grateful to our world class gahment.Paying peenuts is nothing compared to the world class status we're living in.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey retard, do you realise how moronic you sound :mad: Lazy shitz like you do not have to work and so are not affected by the sky high fares in Perth. Do not forget that most people do work to earn a honest living instead of treating their mums like the ATM.

So you admit you treat you mother like dirt and quit on her to pursue your lazy decadent lifestyle.

People don't like me here cause I make known to them the brutal truth that they try to aviod. For example , you are an unfilial, ungrateful arsehole and that is the TRUTH.:mad:

:cool:

You can throw all these insults, but you know you're losing. And that's why you threw those out of your pram. I guess its a return to your days as a baby isn't it?

:p:biggrin: