• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Poor response, so now gahmen give you flag to hang

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When news said it people wrote in to request to hang flag I already think it just a publicity stunt. I only see opposite block of condo only have 4 households put up. On my side of the road, none of the three blocks of hdb have any flags.
All hdb units shd have flags as every 2-4 years govt will issue flags. I have 2 flags left on the shoerack outside. The 2 flags are still where whoever left them there.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When news said it people wrote in to request to hang flag I already think it just a publicity stunt. I only see opposite block of condo only have 4 households put up. On my side of the road, none of the three blocks of hdb have any flags.
All hdb units shd have flags as every 2-4 years govt will issue flags. I have 2 flags left on the shoerack outside. The 2 flags are still where whoever left them there.

The rows and rows of flags put up by the RCs for National Day - we all knew it was wayang.
Now, with the "volunteer" to hang flag request, it has fallen flat.
Now, give, flag.
What they need is to give ropes to sinkies, for those who want to hang themselves.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Instead of giving flags, how about giving masks and hand sanitizer?

A flag is not helpful, and it is definitely not a morale booster. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rows and rows of flags put up by the RCs for National Day - we all knew it was wayang.
Now, give, flag.
What they need is to give ropes to sinkies, for those who want to hang themselves.

Not just rows and rows of flags. Outrageous, over-the-top decorations.

Not forgetting the giant Soviet style billboards. :roflmao:

nm-ndpdecor-0508.jpg

ST_20150804_TFFLAG04_1569123.jpg

st_20190724_5bigpic24_49977452.jpg

6a00d83451b52369e20154346ddec7970c

NationalDay3.jpg

IMG_6029National_Day_billboard_Sengkang_Singapore_Aug1018.jpg

mixmasternrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are jokers 1 hour into the offer, they have "overwhelming" response and can only look to service your request 2 weeks later or more.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now, give, flag.
The past couple of years RC not really putting effort to put flag at all road facing blocks because there will be people removing the flag to dry laundry.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cart of old cardboard boxes the old man is pushing in the SDP picture (second last one) used to be able
to give him about $6-00 about one year ago. These were sent to China for the manufacture of packaging
of TV sets etc. Today, the same load is able to nett only about $1-50 or less - there are no takers, for
obvious reasons.

So, when CB is over, there won't be too many of these uncles to exercise on the road.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hanging the flag is a thing of the past, the good old 1980s. that is gone for good. many sinkies now want to hang the flag literally, to kill it.