• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Police report lodged against Tin Pei Ling over cooling-off day complaint

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By S Ramesh | Posted: 16 May 2011 2012 hrs
<table width="260" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="20" align="right"> </td> <td width="240" align="right">
phpIFling.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" height="60"> </td> <td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="138" bgcolor="f6f6f6">Photos </td> <td width="47" bgcolor="f6f6f6">1 of 1</td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> <td width="19" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Screen grab of Ms Tin Pei Ling's Facebook page.</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="510" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" valign="middle" width="510" height="30">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE : Police have confirmed that a report has been lodged against the MP for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC), Ms Tin Pei Ling, for allegedly violating "cooling-off day" guidelines.

The reply from police was given to Channel NewsAsia after it received information on Monday that a member of the public had filed a complaint against the MP.

On Polling Day, the National Solidarity Party's (NSP) Nicole Seah had approached the Elections Department about the matter, but Ms Seah was directed to channel her queries to the Police.

Channel NewsAsia understands the complaint about this issue now seems to have been made by a member of the public.

The complaint was over the posting on May 5, when Ms Tin's Facebook page carried a "clarification" on reports that a MacPherson resident had been refused help for her child's tuition fees.

The resident had asked for a refund, but on May 6, which was cooling-off day, netizens circulated a screen capture that showed a reply posted on Ms Tin's Facebook.

Ms Tin's facebook page clarification had said: "OooOoooOooh so that's what REALLY happened? Wow. I think tears in Parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE!"

The comment was however removed within 20 minutes.

When contacted, Ms Tin told Channel NewsAsia on cooling-off day that she was alerted to the comment when some of her friends called her shortly after it was posted.

Ms Tin had said she found out it was one of her administrators, Ms Denise He, who had mistakenly made the post.

She said she asked her administrator to remove the comment immediately.

Her administrators help to upload photos of her walkabouts on her Facebook page.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
By S Ramesh | Posted: 16 May 2011 2012 hrs
<table width="260" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="20" align="right"> </td> <td width="240" align="right">
phpIFling.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" height="60"> </td> <td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="138" bgcolor="f6f6f6">Photos </td> <td width="47" bgcolor="f6f6f6">1 of 1</td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> <td width="19" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td> <td width="18" bgcolor="f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Screen grab of Ms Tin Pei Ling's Facebook page.</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table width="510" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" valign="middle" width="510" height="30">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4"><hr size="1" width="510" align="left" color="#dddddd"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE : Police have confirmed that a report has been lodged against the MP for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC), Ms Tin Pei Ling, for allegedly violating "cooling-off day" guidelines.

The reply from police was given to Channel NewsAsia after it received information on Monday that a member of the public had filed a complaint against the MP.

On Polling Day, the National Solidarity Party's (NSP) Nicole Seah had approached the Elections Department about the matter, but Ms Seah was directed to channel her queries to the Police.

Channel NewsAsia understands the complaint about this issue now seems to have been made by a member of the public.

The complaint was over the posting on May 5, when Ms Tin's Facebook page carried a "clarification" on reports that a MacPherson resident had been refused help for her child's tuition fees.

The resident had asked for a refund, but on May 6, which was cooling-off day, netizens circulated a screen capture that showed a reply posted on Ms Tin's Facebook.

Ms Tin's facebook page clarification had said: "OooOoooOooh so that's what REALLY happened? Wow. I think tears in Parliament is worse than ANYTHING ELSE!"

The comment was however removed within 20 minutes.

When contacted, Ms Tin told Channel NewsAsia on cooling-off day that she was alerted to the comment when some of her friends called her shortly after it was posted.

Ms Tin had said she found out it was one of her administrators, Ms Denise He, who had mistakenly made the post.

She said she asked her administrator to remove the comment immediately.

Her administrators help to upload photos of her walkabouts on her Facebook page.

Yes! Charge her and force her to resign!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
petition to charge her!!!

I believe all will agree with me that if this happen to any opposition candidate or MP it will be HELL for them.

So seriously as responsible Singapore citizens all of us should put pressure on SPF to do their job and not be dogs just for PAP only. We should also pressure the Prime Minister what he thinks and what he need to do. We should also pressure the judiciary to seek justice for all Singaporeans in this matter. Black is black ; white is white. This is a very straight forward case isn't it?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I trust our efficient and unbiased Singapore Police Force will investigate this, and if found to be guilty, the member for Marine Parade will be dealt with accordingly, to the full extent of the law. Correct or not, Mr Mata?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I trust our efficient and unbiased Singapore Police Force will investigate this, and if found to be guilty, the member for Marine Parade will be dealt with accordingly, to the full extent of the law. Correct or not, Mr Mata?

If this happens Mao Ze Dong will get up from his grave to visit LKY.

Tunmasek

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is indeed inconceivable that the PAP members who pride themselves in choosing top class candidates for their party are willing to forgo the expertise and services of an excellent minister such as Mr. George Yeo for that of Tin Pei Ling!

shitonleeky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe all will agree with me that if this happen to any opposition candidate or MP it will be HELL for them.

So seriously as responsible Singapore citizens all of us should put pressure on SPF to do their job and not be dogs just for PAP only. We should also pressure the Prime Minister what he thinks and what he need to do. We should also pressure the judiciary to seek justice for all Singaporeans in this matter. Black is black ; white is white. This is a very straight forward case isn't it?

One set of rules for PAPies and another for opposition, that I agree.

Poodles will follow their masters. In this case, someone may have given instructions for Poodles to put on a show. I foresee a fine at most if Rin Tin Tin is found guilty. She has learnt very very fast abt 'honest mistake' from Old Fart Lee.

Regarding the judiciary, forget about it. Remember the ruling by judiciary regarding the 200m radius during the 2006GE when the opposition raised it against the PAPies.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
One set of rules for PAPies and another for opposition, that I agree.

Poodles will follow their masters. In this case, someone may have given instructions for Poodles to put on a show. I foresee a fine at most if Rin Tin Tin is found guilty. She has learnt very very fast abt 'honest mistake' from Old Fart Lee.

Regarding the judiciary, forget about it. Remember the ruling by judiciary regarding the 200m radius during the 2006GE when the opposition raised it against the PAPies.

Must send it to the ICC. Then justice will be served

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can tell you that they will say that it is invalid due to complexities of electronic means and 3rd-party access

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Full extent of the law? No way. Fine maximum. More likely, a warning in lieu of court prosecuton. AG will handle this case personally. IO of case will just be a filing clerk.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Full extent of the law? No way. Fine maximum. More likely, a warning in lieu of court prosecuton. AG will handle this case personally. IO of case will just be a filing clerk.

Well, if its a fine as u think will happen, does that not mean that in fact TPL was found guilty? If this is the case, can a request not be made to Elections Singapore to void the first election and hold a second voting for Marine Parade GRC? I think the PAP will lose the second round.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm waiting for the usual excuses:

"Its a once in X number of years event, Lets move on"
"Its an honest mistake."
"No further action needed"

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. can anything happen to the chosen and protected one?
2. aiyoh! administrator, sheep or idiot, she must face & bear it in full.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm waiting for the usual excuses:

"Its a once in X number of years event, Lets move on"
"Its an honest mistake."
"No further action needed"

hi there

1. aiyoh, bro!
2. you are damn fast beating me to it.
3. can i add on to your list?
4. crying, regrets, apologises!