• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PMs agree to high speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore 90 mins travel

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore and Malaysia have agreed to build a high speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, a move that will "dramatically improve" the connectivity between the two countries.

The rail link will "usher in a new era of strong growth, prosperity and opportunities for both countries," said a joint statement from Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak today.

"It will facilitate travel between KL and Singapore, enhance business linkages and bring the peoples of Malaysia and Singapore closer together," it said. "Ultimately, this project will give both countries greater stakes in each other's prosperity and success."

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PMs agree to high speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore 90 mins trav

Wow! Great! Now don't have to drive 4 hours to KL.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PMs agree to high speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore 90 mins trav

That is even faster than going to KL by air. I guess flight link between Singapore and KL will be reduced greatly.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Singapore and Malaysia have agreed to build a high speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, a move that will "dramatically improve" the connectivity between the two countries.

The rail link will "usher in a new era of strong growth, prosperity and opportunities for both countries," said a joint statement from Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak today.

"It will facilitate travel between KL and Singapore, enhance business linkages and bring the peoples of Malaysia and Singapore closer together," it said. "Ultimately, this project will give both countries greater stakes in each other's prosperity and success."

i welcome this move strongly.. wahhahahaha...

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

i welcome this move strongly.. wahhahahaha...

Singapore will have more access to their businesses easily. We have a much lesser market compares to Malaysia as a whole. But our business enviornment has much more vibrancy.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good news. Is it mentioned anywhere by when?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

great. brings competition in from kl.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why I got this strange feeling that you used to be a citizen from Mat Land before comin to S'pore to continue your studies.. :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin:

Me true blue singkie boy.

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

i think the beach road bus operator jiak katang for KL route.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This makes alot of sense however it may not come to fruition. There are plenty of interest groups that would lose out e.g. SIA, MAS, bus companies, .... Malaysia is also having elections. Even if the same party is re-elected, a new PM may have a different agenda e.g. Dr Mahathir & his crooked bridge was never built.

ChiKopPow

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are we going to have bullet train as fast as the one in nihon?

will be break down again?

plunderNtreason

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is our opposition capable to seal a deal like this? highly unlikely. Only our beloved PAP has that foresight, close relation with UMNO and a bunch of crony companies who will benefit from this project to pull this through.

So sinkies who want to see this happen better vote PAP in 2016.

Zikoman999

Alfrescian
Loyal

they have been touting this for decades.........i'll believe it when i see it.
machiam the MRT to JB....kns talk cock sing song play mahjong......

biondi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Possible sign of a merger in the future?