• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM must tell Koh Poh Koon what to do

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP candidate Koh Poh Koon will wait for the Prime Minister to decide how he should contribute in the days ahead, but branch activists at Punggol East will continue to serve residents in the ward.

Asked about his plans after his by-election loss, Dr Koh told reporters Sunday morning: "Obviously, after this, we need to sit down and look at the results and think deeper.

"So I will await what the PM has decided before seeing where else I can contribute."

As for the lesson he learnt, he said: "The important thing is to have a good, strong team and to continue to be sincere with residents.

"I think we have garnered 43 per cent of the votes having been on the ground for two weeks, I think that wasn't too bad."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's an individual that has publicly professed to care about the welfare of the people of PE. But after his election defeat, he has lost that desire to serve the people. Instead, he must be told by LHL on his next step. So much for an individual of calibre. And sadly, he is also a CO in the reserves!

Aside, he takes credit for getting the 43 percent of the votes! It is not him, it is the party!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe he will be put into oblivion by the PAPies. Seriously, he had also committed a few mistakes at his press interviews during his several ward visits. His snobbish talk about everybody having a car and he has 2, will definitely not go down well with the average Sinkies, who can hardly even afford the COE. By directly avoiding the issue of unrestricted use of Medisave for those aged above 75 years (as proposed by LLL) is another shot in his own foot.

Overall, he may be a good doctor, but not necessary a capable politician.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I think we have garnered 43 per cent of the votes having been on the ground for two weeks, I think that wasn't too bad."

I don't think Pinky will agree to his above statement, but will curse and swear at him for being such a letdown. Pinky must be telling himself: "Michael PumpHer was already such a letdown and I don't need another one to tow the line." :biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. If Koh had been given more time, he would have won handsomely. After all, it's pretty obvious he's far better qualified to be an MP.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. If Koh had been given more time, he would have won handsomely. After all, it's pretty obvious he's far better qualified to be an MP.

Not enough time to campaign ... another strategic error by the PAP? Better qualified to be an MP, better than who, TPL?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Koh had been given more time, he would have won handsomely.

What nonsense. All the 4 candidates were given the same time for the 9 days from nomination to polling day. None of them is short-changed. Koh just doesn't have the political acumen. He spoke with a sense of arrogance and that is just one of his own downfall. One doesn't need to boast about not needing sympathy votes, having 2 cars, etc, in your press interviews, even if they are the truths.

Frankly if you can't even read the ground sentiments, how to be a good MP? This is what most of the PAPies MPs lack presently.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a bum, before elections he said he does not need any sympathy votes which probably meant he is his own man. Now he needs PM to carve for him his future as a politician. He now seems to very much need the sympathy of his fellow PAPies for support. PE was right not to vote for him.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Handsome, needs a personal groomer, for a doctor, he sure look shabby, I would mistaken him for the neighbourhood provision store owner, he need to attend courses on dealing with public, not those patients he sees, with with the broad spectrum of people. Want to lie that he is from a humble backgorund or anact 'good deeds' in public but cleaning an over flowing gutter covered in leaves, do it convincingly , & lie properly. Next, Charisma..none at all.

If all else fails, tone deaf singing, or dress up like a clown..Look at LKY, you don't have to love or like him, but he has that "ommph", that capture your attention..C H A R I S M A !

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KPK has nothing to lose after failing in the election. He is better off looking at asshole daily and make tons of money.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KPK has nothing to lose after failing in the election. He is better off looking at asshole daily and make tons of money.

He look at exquisite expensive ones too, where he practices cater for an elite class of people, "guess the race"?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think Pinky will agree to his above statement, but will curse and swear at him for being such a letdown. Pinky must be telling himself: "Michael PumpHer was already such a letdown and I don't need another one to tow the line." :biggrin:

Pinky has got people like kee chiu and TPL, one more deadwood is not gonna make much difference. She's not paying their salary anyway.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky has got people like kee chiu and TPL, one more deadwood is not gonna make much difference. She's not paying their salary anyway.

TPL was a "turkey stuffing" & lousy quality one too, it spoils the "turkey", but the Marine Parade TURKEYS are just dumb!

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

How so is he better qualified To be an MP? Has he a track record? Is he a medical doctor first and a politician wannabe or the other way around?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How so is he better qualified To be an MP? Has he a track record? Is he a medical doctor first and a politician wannabe or the other way around?

He is medical professional Brainwashed into doing their brand of NATIONAL DUTY that comes with PROFITS!

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TPL was a "turkey stuffing" & lousy quality one too, it spoils the "turkey", but the Marine Parade TURKEYS are just dumb!

You do have to realise that the folks at Marine Parade didn't have much choice.

It's either Woody or Got more shit. Now seriously, who would you have voted for?

Softball

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Election Department under the PMO decides how much time they want to give to all candidates

Besides, this Koh is the 1st candidate announced. How much time does he need?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you check out the wiki on PM Lee, you will find out that he...

Studied well in school, after school go NS and then go study again.
Come back do Army and then join politics.

Liddat not enough real life experience, not streetsmart....