• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee want to punch Aljunied GRC

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee set on retaking Aljunied
He tells party they will not abandon GRC

By Teo Wan Gek

THE People's Action Party (PAP) will fight to win back Aljunied GRC.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who is also PAP secretary-general, made the pledge yesterday to party activists at its annual convention.

'We will not abandon Aljunied. We will not abandon our activists in Aljunied GRC, in the five branches,' he said.

The PAP will be the opposition in Aljunied for the next five years, he said, but the PAP will keep in touch with residents there, especially those who support the party.

He said: 'Our party leaders have been talking to the branch chairmen and the key activists on how we can win back ground support in Aljunied.'

In the May General Election, PAP candidates and party activists worked hard and fought fiercely, but the mood was against them, he noted.

The five-member PAP team helmed by then foreign minister George Yeo was ousted by the Workers' Party (WP) with 54.7 per cent of the valid votes.

PM Lee said yesterday: 'The PAP does not intend to give the Workers' Party team in Aljunied a free run... We will fight on and eventually we will win back Aljunied.'

He also acknowledged the uphill task faced by PAP activists in neighbouring opposition-held Hougang.

WP chief Low Thia Khiang built up strong loyalties there in the 20 years that he held the seat, he noted, which current WP MP Yaw Shin Leong inherited.

However, the PAP branch in Hougang continues to put up a fight. It has new helpers joining it, and others who have stayed on for more than 20 years, despite knowing the tough fight facing them to win back voters.

Said PM Lee: 'And I think that's the way - never say die.'

This 'never say die' attitude and fighting spirit saw the PAP team in Potong Pasir steadily tilling the ground for 27 years, culminating in a win for the party at the recent May polls, he noted.

He commended Mr Sitoh Yih Pin - who won Potong Pasir on his third try - for his efforts, and highlighted his refusal of an offer to be moved to another constituency: 'I fielded him in Potong Pasir. He fought. He won. And he came here to tell you about it.'

Mr Sitoh, one of the speakers at the convention, shared with activists the importance of having the right strategy and coach.

'When a candidate goes campaigning, it is like stepping into the boxing ring. At the sound of the bell, ding ding, he steps forward to throw his punches. The more punches he throws, the more shiok he becomes. But he can get carried away and that is when he starts making mistakes. So the coach at the ringside is very important and must guide him,' he said.

He paid tribute to his election adviser S. Chandra Das, a former MP under whom Mr Sitoh served as branch secretary for many years. Mr Sitoh also highlighted a Potong Pasir branch member, Mr Ng Chong Kiat, who passed away last year.

'When my branch members and I visited him in hospital last year, comrade Ng held me by my hands and told me, 'I am sorry I cannot help you any more. But you must promise me you will take back Potong Pasir.'

'For any man who is very sick lying on his hospital bed, I am sure there are many things he thinks about. But for comrade Ng, Potong Pasir was definitely at the top of his agenda.'

Said Mr Sitoh: 'This is the 'never say die' spirit of Potong Pasir. More importantly, this is the PAP spirit!'

[email protected]

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
How will he be intimidating the residents there? Let's give it a try!

1) Close all primary schools
2) close all secondary schools
3) close all hawker centres
4) close all day care centres
5) close all clinics
6) close all communiy centres
7) close all police posts
8) close all the petrol kiosks
9) close all wet markets
10) revoked all HDB upgrading projects
11) allocate more hostels for banglas
12) issue more licences for bars & pubs
13) restrict AV from raiding the area
14) shut down the CD facilities
15) restrict lift servicing
16) allow more Fts to hang around the area
17) set up more ERP gantries

The list goes on, maybe you can add on to the kind of power abuse he will be practising in that ward just to ensure that aljunied residents pay for kicking him out!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

5) close all clinics
9) close all wet markets

The list goes on, maybe you can add on to the kind of power abuse he will be practising in that ward just to ensure that aljunied residents pay for kicking him out!

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. ah pink can carry on crying, trying or whatever it thinks fit mah.
3. what a loser!
4. it will lose more come 2016 even if broken record is "helplessly" around.

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potong Pasir was lost because of CST. If only CST had not pass the baton to his wife to contest the ward, I am sure PP would still be opposition controlled. CST will be given a medal from the PAP for this.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We will fight on and eventually we will win back Aljunied.'

Said PM Lee: 'And I think that's the way - never say die.'

Any PAP Minister being given the task to helm the PAP Aljunied team for 2016 should just jump himself at the Bedok Reservoir in 5 years time..:biggrin: Its a suicide mission for him and his team members.. The Hammers will still remain triumphant in 2016..

Mr Sitoh also highlighted a Potong Pasir branch member, Mr Ng Chong Kiat, who passed away last year.

'When my branch members and I visited him in hospital last year, comrade Ng held me by my hands and told me, 'I am sorry I cannot help you any more. But you must promise me you will take back Potong Pasir.'

'For any man who is very sick lying on his hospital bed, I am sure there are many things he thinks about. But for comrade Ng, Potong Pasir was definitely at the top of his agenda.'

Old Ah Pek is such a loyal dedicated man thru and thru till his last dying moments.. So did all PAP Ministers formed a Guard Of Honour when they carried his coffin up the funeral van..???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Did they draped his coffin with the PAP flag..??? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
It an uphill task.

Having opposition in parliament is an effective way to wake up the sleeping and complacent leader , now they are working harder, isn't it good thing to continue having more opposition to keep them on their toes ?

Last edited:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boy George lost in Aljunied because his retail politics sucks and he abused analogies. It does not help matters that Ruler Loong wants him out.

Lackey aka 奴财 Sitoh won not because he was third time competent but that Messr Chiam is too old to take him on.

Ruler Loong can easily win Aljunied back, simply flood the GRC with PRC hookers and order the Gestapo units to act blur.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
me old uncle feel more GRCs will fall like dominos...winning back Aljunied no easy lah...lose more will be the day....bohleowliao......wait and see. just look at those discontended sickies all around the young and the old. all damned toolan!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How long does it take to change PAP? We all know this is needed to win back votes. Remember. Many within PAP, especially those active in the new media, don't think anything needs to be changed. If you don't see the problem, how can you find the solution?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

5) close all clinics
9) close all wet markets

Isn't all that already happening in some PAP constituencies

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What else do you expect him to say?
When all the erection losers quit politics, double-confirming that they are losers in real life too.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My PAP dream team to lead the charge for Aljunied 2016

1) Lim Sia Suay
2) Hairdo Lim
3) Kee Chiu
4) "No $ No Face" Lim Wee Kiak
5) Kate Spade
6) Lui Fuck Yew

Reserve:

1) Cedric the Fool
2) Mabok Tan
3) Cunt Sing

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM Lee set on retaking Aljunied
He tells party they will not abandon GRC

By Teo Wan Gek

THE People's Action Party (PAP) will fight to win back Aljunied GRC.

Said Mr Sitoh: 'This is the 'never say die' spirit of Potong Pasir. More importantly, this is the PAP spirit!'

[email protected]

What 'never say die' spirit or PAP spirit? The PAP members are all f#*king demon possessed with $$$ and self benefits which led them to join the PAP. PAP pls dont bullshit us here, all your PAP MP or ministers are either making lots of $$$ and many benefits in one way or another. All of these PAP MP and ministers have many properties and businesses and holding lots of positions as chairman, board of members in many big MNC companies. All of these PAP MP and ministers are millionaires.

Dont come and bullshit the Singaporeans that you are working to serve us the Singaporeans.

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
prinzy said:
Potong Pasir was lost because of CST. If only CST had not pass the baton to his wife to contest the ward, I am sure PP would still be opposition controlled. CST will be given a medal from the PAP for this.

I thought so too.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aljunied is not for PAP to win back but for WP to lose it. PAP is in reality fighting to win all of Singapore, because 2016 will be the real watershed when LKY may become an immortal up there somewhere. Pinky will be on his own to fight his personal wars as he is not a strong leader and without his Dad's influence, some might become turncoats.