• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee: debates and arguments are not important in this election

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knowing that that they are fast losing out to the opposition, now he says debates and arguments are not important.

http://www.todayonline.com/SingaporeVotes/EDC110425-0000181/GE-not-about-winning-arguments--PM-Lee

GE not about winning arguments: PM Lee

by Neo Chai Chin
Updated 10:53 AM Apr 25, 2011

SINGAPORE - As the words fly furiously between the People's Action Party (PAP) and the Opposition in the run-up to Polling Day, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong yesterday reminded voters that this General Election is not about winning the argument, but about securing the future of Singapore.

"It is a matter of choosing and choosing wisely; and then, having chosen, working with the leaders you have chosen to make it work for Singapore," the Prime Minister said at the 30th anniversary celebration of Chong Boon Market at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10.

It is the nature of contest at the elections to have "a lot of arguments, debates, firing on both sides" but Singaporeans must remember that what is at stake when they go to the polls is not "who wins the argument", said Mr Lee.

He added: "This is over who can do better for Singapore, for Singaporeans, who can look after your future better and make this a place with more opportunities, more secure lives with a more prosperous economy and a more stable society for you, for your children."

Mr Lee stressed that the elections are not about "trying to do something a little bit clever here and ... there".

Citing the experience of his constituents, Mr Lee noted how 95 per cent of residents at eight blocks around the Chong Boon Market and Food Centre at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 recently voted in favour of lift upgrading. It is "one small way" of making a difference to residents that, nonetheless, is the "result of many years of work", he said.

Said Mr Lee: "Not just of scrambling during election time, but many years of consistent work year after year, building up good grassroots network, building up effective government departments, building up Ministers and Members of Parliament who know what the ground needs, who will understand what programmes will be helpful to people, and will be able to implement these programmes and make them available to Singaporeans."

Speaking to reporters after the event, Ang Mo Kio GRC candidate Inderjit Singh urged Singaporeans to examine in detail the manifestos that various parties have presented so far. "Some of the ideas look compelling, but I think we better go through (in) depth to understand what's the implication for some of these things," he said.

Asked about the possible contest by Reform Party at Ang Mo Kio, Mr Singh said the PAP team there would treat any Opposition team seriously, and appeal to voters to look at the PAP's track record. Market stallholders and residents he spoke to yesterday had not seen any Opposition activity in the constituency, he noted.

Yesterday, new Ang Mo Kio GRC candidate Ang Hin Kee was the bearer of good news as he announced to residents a couple of improvements to the public transport system: SBS Transit service 265 will make an additional stop at Ang Mo Kio bus interchange from next month, and installation of platform screen doors at Ang Mo Kio MRT station will begin in June.

Work on the screen doors will begin ahead of schedule, said Mr Ang. The Land Transport Authority told TODAY that installation of the Ang Mo Kio screen doors was scheduled to begin in July, but due to experience gained from the installation of doors at other stations, "we could bring forward the date slightly". An LTA spokesperson added that this was planned for even before the accident earlier this month involving a Thai teenager whose legs had to be amputated.

Installation will take four to six months, and the screen doors at Ang Mo Kio will be completed by the end of this year.

Mr Ang said the change to service 265 was prompted by Cheng San-Seletar and Jalan Kayu residents' feedback. Currently, the service turns from Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 into Ave 8, bypassing the interchange.

The route change would take place at the end of May. Ang Mo Kio resident Mdm Loh Yuzhen, 53, welcomed service 265's additional stop. "We often go to the interchange to buy daily necessities, and sometimes they are heavy."

WarCry

We already knew that all those debates and arguments in a PAP majority Parliament is useless - thank you.

Time to vote in more Opposition members to make these arguments and debates be counted.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knowing that that they are fast losing out to the opposition, now he says debates and arguments are not important.

http://www.todayonline.com/SingaporeVotes/EDC110425-0000181/GE-not-about-winning-arguments--PM-Lee

GE not about winning arguments: PM Lee

by Neo Chai Chin
Updated 10:53 AM Apr 25, 2011

SINGAPORE - As the words fly furiously between the People's Action Party (PAP) and the Opposition in the run-up to Polling Day, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong yesterday reminded voters that this General Election is not about winning the argument, but about securing the future of Singapore.

"It is a matter of choosing and choosing wisely; and then, having chosen, working with the leaders you have chosen to make it work for Singapore," the Prime Minister said at the 30th anniversary celebration of Chong Boon Market at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10.

It is the nature of contest at the elections to have "a lot of arguments, debates, firing on both sides" but Singaporeans must remember that what is at stake when they go to the polls is not "who wins the argument", said Mr Lee.

He added: "This is over who can do better for Singapore, for Singaporeans, who can look after your future better and make this a place with more opportunities, more secure lives with a more prosperous economy and a more stable society for you, for your children."

Mr Lee stressed that the elections are not about "trying to do something a little bit clever here and ... there".

Citing the experience of his constituents, Mr Lee noted how 95 per cent of residents at eight blocks around the Chong Boon Market and Food Centre at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 recently voted in favour of lift upgrading. It is "one small way" of making a difference to residents that, nonetheless, is the "result of many years of work", he said.

Said Mr Lee: "Not just of scrambling during election time, but many years of consistent work year after year, building up good grassroots network, building up effective government departments, building up Ministers and Members of Parliament who know what the ground needs, who will understand what programmes will be helpful to people, and will be able to implement these programmes and make them available to Singaporeans."

Speaking to reporters after the event, Ang Mo Kio GRC candidate Inderjit Singh urged Singaporeans to examine in detail the manifestos that various parties have presented so far. "Some of the ideas look compelling, but I think we better go through (in) depth to understand what's the implication for some of these things," he said.

Asked about the possible contest by Reform Party at Ang Mo Kio, Mr Singh said the PAP team there would treat any Opposition team seriously, and appeal to voters to look at the PAP's track record. Market stallholders and residents he spoke to yesterday had not seen any Opposition activity in the constituency, he noted.

Yesterday, new Ang Mo Kio GRC candidate Ang Hin Kee was the bearer of good news as he announced to residents a couple of improvements to the public transport system: SBS Transit service 265 will make an additional stop at Ang Mo Kio bus interchange from next month, and installation of platform screen doors at Ang Mo Kio MRT station will begin in June.

Work on the screen doors will begin ahead of schedule, said Mr Ang. The Land Transport Authority told TODAY that installation of the Ang Mo Kio screen doors was scheduled to begin in July, but due to experience gained from the installation of doors at other stations, "we could bring forward the date slightly". An LTA spokesperson added that this was planned for even before the accident earlier this month involving a Thai teenager whose legs had to be amputated.

Installation will take four to six months, and the screen doors at Ang Mo Kio will be completed by the end of this year.

Mr Ang said the change to service 265 was prompted by Cheng San-Seletar and Jalan Kayu residents' feedback. Currently, the service turns from Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 into Ave 8, bypassing the interchange.

The route change would take place at the end of May. Ang Mo Kio resident Mdm Loh Yuzhen, 53, welcomed service 265's additional stop. "We often go to the interchange to buy daily necessities, and sometimes they are heavy."

Prince Lee HL just wanted to collect his pay check without being disturbed...so don't debates. There's only debates in the house about how much his salary and gang would rise.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
election time is the only time for debates, questions & answers. bcos its been proven time & again for many decades, 1 party parliament is nothing more than just a self-scripted monologue.

its obvious their party motto now is "your problem is not my problem, dont make your problem my problem"

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grate Leeder had this tactic when he encounters difficult questions during press conferences: he would say something like, 'this is an important issue which I will address after I get this easy ones out the way.' He would then talk at length about the easy ones. Often he would have to try the above line a few times. But he would relentlessly deal with the easy questions until 'somebody' whispers in his ear that his time is up. He would then stand up and say, 'sorry, that's all the time we've got,' and leaves the room.

Deer Leeder is trying a similar tactic. During elections, say it is not about debates, during MPS, say it's about bread and butter issues, during parliament, say it's about governance, yada, yada.

Unseat this wimp!

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grate Leeder had this tactic when he encounters difficult questions during press conferences: he would say something like, 'this is an important issue which I will address after I get this easy ones out the way.' He would then talk at length about the easy ones. Often he would have to try the above line a few times. But he would relentlessly deal with the easy questions until 'somebody' whispers in his ear that his time is up. He would then stand up and say, 'sorry, that's all the time we've got,' and leaves the room.

Deer Leeder is trying a similar tactic. During elections, say it is not about debates, during MPS, say it's about bread and butter issues, during parliament, say it's about governance, yada, yada.

Unseat this wimp!

So that we can also get rid of Whore Jinx who squanders away our sovereign funds by the billions and she draws about $16m - $18m a year for herself!

The Whore is also responsible for hiring that Malaysian MRT CEO butch who is a very close friend of hers!

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We vote based on how parties argue for campaign promises, not snake oil promises. Snake oil peddlers claim their oil has saved people for generations. But, does the snake oil work now, and is it the same snake oil?
Truth we know you are not telling, perceptions you are also not giving out the convincing one for voters. So what good are you in the clean or gray fight? I hope you are not going to resort to your old man's black methods of winning in this day and age. It does not go down so easily post cold war.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you cannot win arguments, how sound can your policies & mgmt of country be?

Trust me - vote for me????????????? I cannot convince you if you argue, but trust me! I make lots of money becos I deserve it......... trust me; I was voted in in 2006 but once in, I bumped up salaries but only for myself & cronies.... peasants deserved to be kick in the balls. Workfare but no work how to get workfare?