• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM has his priority mixed up...

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
AN increased number of households now own cars, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. There are now 430,000 households who own cars, as compared to 320,000 households in 2000.

I wonder if he is really that proud that almost half a million of us own cars, and if owning a car is the utmost priority in his mind, when the economy is as bad as it was since the last decade as far as I'm concerned.

He should be worried where the poor are going to have their next meal and if the less fortunate are sleeping at void decks or if they have enough cloths to wear. Sheezz, he really is a world class joker !

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
must tink fr coe n erp pt of view ... :wink:

Bro,

Perhaps you are right..

He just need the money for his wify to roll the dices.
icon10.gif

Cheers!

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how many of the new car owners are actually FT.

Bro,

I don't really know how many new car owners are actually FT, but you can certainly tell if that new car owner is an FT. They all got that kinda look. That "how lian" or "seah lan" face.. :biggrin:

Q

Qinhuang

[QUOTE=snrcitizen;16813]Wonder how many of the new car owners are actually FT.[/QUOTE]This is a good question. I have also tried to ask but to no avail.

LTA will never reply to this question. Lee Hsien Loong will also dare not face this truth.

We are talking about PRs and FT workerand expats.

You will be shocked if the figure one day is released.

So ERP hike is to make these foreigners(including tour buses) drive smoothly to office and destiny.

Scary but true, old Lee has succeeded making local singaporeans a minority. Anyway, there is price to pay when he is no more.

molly

Alfrescian
Loyal
The car owners pay more tax than the can collectors. So PM Lee give the car owners more attention :smile:

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess what the PM was trying say was that car ownership has gone up, equating to a more affluent lifestyle for the people

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beats me why on hand he mentioned car owning as something his gahmen is helping to make dreams come true and in the same breath, ERP charges are raised sky high - whatever happens to revenue neutral moratorium? He gave excuse that road tax rebates are more than enuf to offset ERP increases............ I now pay $2 daily which is an increase of about $500 yearly - when the fuck did I get road tax rebate of that magnitude? A case of lying thru the teeth - when cornered. Clearly the right hand din know what the left hand was doing! Also with all these ERP increases, there is no change. In fact businesses esp in Chinatown took a sevre beating!! Is Raymond Lim paying them for his mistakes???

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
go take a walk or drive around raffles place and you will see those FT driving sport cars, expensive car with a "i am the best" kind of look on their face....

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

I don't really know how many new car owners are actually FT, but you can certainly tell if that new car owner is an FT. They all got that kinda look. That "how lian" or "seah lan" face.. :biggrin:

peppyboy,

Sorry, I did not come across your response earlier. Still not used to this vBulletin.

Did you notice if there an increase of these "how lian" or "seah lan" faces on the roads? I am away from Singapore for some time so would not know.

Using this forum to keep in touch with fellow Singaporeans.

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess what the PM was trying say was that car ownership has gone up, equating to a more affluent lifestyle for the people

Bro,

That's why PM's head is full of shit instead of mushy brains..

You call it affluent lifestyle when you have old folks picking cans in the streets for a living, sleeping in void decks or rubbish dump, eating left over food on hawker tables..

PM's is living in such high level comfort zone, he doesn't know what hardship is anymore. Or perhaps he has never known what hardship is all about..

Cheers!

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
peppyboy,

Sorry, I did not come across your response earlier. Still not used to this vBulletin.

Did you notice if there an increase of these "how lian" or "seah lan" faces on the roads? I am away from Singapore for some time so would not know.

Using this forum to keep in touch with fellow Singaporeans.

Bro,

In terms of percentage, I can't really tell you..

But I can say that thru my observation, there are more FT drivers here now than before. These are the drivers that make up the bulk of those reckless, impolite and rude drivers. They drive and behave like as though everyone owe them a living..

I have one FT in my office that even walks with a swagger. Everytime I see him, I never fail to tell him that he always remind me of cowboy shows..

Cheers!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

In terms of percentage, I can't really tell you..

But I can say that thru my observation, there are more FT drivers here now than before. These are the drivers that make up the bulk of those reckless, impolite and rude drivers. They drive and behave like as though everyone owe them a living..

peppy,

If you do observe that there are more of them on the roads these days then we do not need statistics (which can lie). Just like the complaints on the crowded MRT, everyone knows for a fact that is packed like sardines and we do not need the gahmen statistics to tell us otherwise.

We went into recession in 1985 (while the rest fo the world registered growth) because our then Finance ministar (none other than LHL) relied all his reading of the economic situation on gahmen statistics which gave him a false picture.

Coming back to the subject on FT drivers, we should never give in to those idiots. Show them what an idiot they are.

I have one FT in my office that even walks with a swagger. Everytime I see him, I never fail to tell him that he always remind me of cowboy shows..

Cheers!

Tell him his six shooter is nothing but just a pea shooter. Is he a Texan? Even the rest of US people cannot stand them. They are loud and uncouth akin to red necks.

cheers

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

That's why PM's head is full of shit instead of mushy brains..

You call it affluent lifestyle when you have old folks picking cans in the streets for a living, sleeping in void decks or rubbish dump, eating left over food on hawker tables..

PM's is living in such high level comfort zone, he doesn't know what hardship is anymore. Or perhaps he has never known what hardship is all about..

Cheers!

Well now we know why the old man did not want him to be in politics. Either that or the old man was lying :p

peppyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
peppy,

If you do observe that there are more of them on the roads these days then we do not need statistics (which can lie). Just like the complaints on the crowded MRT, everyone knows for a fact that is packed like sardines and we do not need the gahmen statistics to tell us otherwise.

We went into recession in 1985 (while the rest fo the world registered growth) because our then Finance ministar (none other than LHL) relied all his reading of the economic situation on gahmen statistics which gave him a false picture.

Coming back to the subject on FT drivers, we should never give in to those idiots. Show them what an idiot they are.

Tell him his six shooter is nothing but just a pea shooter. Is he a Texan? Even the rest of US people cannot stand them. They are loud and uncouth akin to red necks.

cheers

Bro,

This FT colleague of mine is an indian cowboy lah.. :p