• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plight of the taxi drivers

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You won't believe this, but I've met many taxi drivers who are grassroot leaders or the very least RC members. Wonder where they find the time or energy after a day's work.
Maybe there are lobangs inside for them?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You won't believe this, but I've met many taxi drivers who are grassroot leaders or the very least RC members. Wonder where they find the time or energy after a day's work.
Maybe there are lobangs inside for them?

Lat time, i have a friend who also help around in the grassroot circle. I ask him why he do that. He told me that if he wants to get a stall to sell foodm it will be easier to get.

I was wondering, doing such work if is for the people or for his own benefit. From here, i can tell that such behavior that is nurture in Sinkieland is totally unhealthy.

They do things for a motive and the sinkie govt wants everyone to suck up to them in order to be rewarded for benefits and convenience. Such nurturing is very 3rd world and very Qing-Dynasty like.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lat time, i have a friend who also help around in the grassroot circle. I ask him why he do that. He told me that if he wants to get a stall to sell foodm it will be easier to get.

I was wondering, doing such work if is for the people or for his own benefit. From here, i can tell that such behavior that is nurture in Sinkieland is totally unhealthy.

They do things for a motive and the sinkie govt wants everyone to suck up to them in order to be rewarded for benefits and convenience. Such nurturing is very 3rd world and very Qing-Dynasty like.

You kinda confirm what I'd always thought is the sole objective. Altruism is never in those suckuppers vocabulary. You have to hang around these meet the people sessions to see the arrogant body language displayed by them.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You kinda confirm what I'd always thought is the sole objective. Altruism is never in those suckuppers vocabulary. You have to hang around these meet the people sessions to see the arrogant body language displayed by them.

OH yes, such display of arrogance can be seen among those sinkies in bangkok as well. That is why i always have this clue that such sinkie behavior is resulted from the Sg environment that is built up by the sinkie govt.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNG is 5 years contract with $5000 deposit.

Was talking to my regular taxi driver recently about the SMART case, he told me, most Taxi drivers are the 'ah beng' , 'hokkien peng' type, so they do not read the fine print & just sign. The company wanting their patronage, don't bother to point out the fine print to them, whicj SIN Jia Por small company or even the larger one does?.

"Buyers beware"....and C.A.S.E., can not help...or any of their so call UNIONS...so, it is you sign, you die, your business..

next time, anyone of us sign anything or contract...read the FINE print, for Singapore is a "FINE" city!!:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was talking to my regular taxi driver recently about the SMART case, he told me, most Taxi drivers are the 'ah beng' , 'hokkien peng' type, so they do not read the fine print & just sign. The company wanting their patronage, don't bother to point out the fine print to them, whicj SIN Jia Por small company or even the larger one does?.

Just because they are ignorant and not familiar with the working of a contract, that does not mean they should be cheated.

This sinkie behavior revolved around Zero integrity and falshhood. How much worse can they behave?

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
The question here is why there is only so few CNG stations.

This u got to ask garment why till now they still do not want to fund the infrastructure to avail more CNG stations and or CNG pumps at existing stations to make CNG is viable option for the general public....Talk n talk n stilll NATO:rolleyes:

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha.. u beat me to it.

taxi drivers.. i gave up on taxis a long long time ago.
no sympathies from me.
look at the way the bull-doze their way into the lanes.

i've even had the misfortune to almost gotten scraped by one yellow hyundai taxi cutting into my lane without checking whether i was there at all - the idiot was too engrossed in chit chat with his passenger.

c'mon, if u can't drive and talk at the same time, then choose to do just ONE thing at a time, please!

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi driving is a job whereby foreigners and PR are not allowed. All taxi drivers here are 100% Singaporeans. And you can judge for yourself the impact of that quality...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi driving is a job whereby foreigners and PR are not allowed. All taxi drivers here are 100% Singaporeans. And you can judge for yourself the impact of that quality...

I taking a ride in TAXI with PRC driver. Maybe he have convert citizen or illegal co driver?:confused:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is confirmed. I was once "recruited" to join a grassroots organisation, even put beside a minister for a supper chat with a nice bunch of volunteers all eating and talking happily all around me. One recruitment tactic used was "if you're in the circle, we can help you in so many ways".

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best economic is diesel

small and light car

all these other environment stuff are just snakeoil

visitor

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can always drive non-CNG taxis.

Their customers haven't make noise yet with the increase of taxi fares. Peak hours charges, pick up point at certain places charges, the list goes on.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those taxi drivers, don't know to hate them or sympathize with them. Earn not enough they complain, earn more they keep quiet. Watch out for them at traffic lights, they like to cheong pass red lights. I dont like the yellow cab. Always like to speed as those the roads belong to them.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cab drivers, especially those who drives merc. There is this guy driving a taxi merc staying near my place. Super yaya. Always wear a bow tie. Talk damn loud when in coffee shop. Also, he always put on a very stuck up face.

Yesterday bump into him in a supermarket, heard his teenage son was comparing a toyota mark x with his merc. Saying something like this: "Pa, the mark x hor, the in front look a bit like your merc leh, but different from your one lah..." Wah lau eh, as if the merc his is driving is not SH plate.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cab drivers, especially those who drives merc. There is this guy driving a taxi merc staying near my place. Super yaya. Always wear a bow tie. Talk damn loud when in coffee shop. Also, he always put on a very stuck up face.

Yesterday bump into him in a supermarket, heard his teenage son was comparing a toyota mark x with his merc. Saying something like this: "Pa, the mark x hor, the in front look a bit like your merc leh, but different from your one lah..." Wah lau eh, as if the merc his is driving is not SH plate.

Agree. Many drive luxury TAXI very yaya. So for for my own survey/experienced about 70%.
But all lady taxi driver very nice but drive a bit slow. So far I have no complaint or bad feedback regard lady driver. I give them 5 star. :smile::smile:
You have my support all lady driver out there. Anytime if have choice will choose lady driver.