• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Please recommend a good fitness wrist band tracker - walking and jogging

XiaoMi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seek some kind souls here to recommend a good fitness wrist band tracker for walking and jogging

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using the garmin fenix 3 smart watch with inbuilt heart rate monitor. It has all the features and a customisable display. Battery lasts a week. To me this is the ultimate smart watch and I love it to death

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fitbit is the gold standard, for both Android and iOS. If you want a reliable budget activity tracker, the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 has received good reviews, and is probably the best budget tracker out there.

Last edited:

XiaoMi

Alfrescian
Loyal
fitbit. or apple watch if you're an apple fan.

I have two FIT HR surge. I am quite happy with these.

But I recently bought a Xiaomi. It has a longer battery life, more stylist in design and function almost the same. It costs 1/4 of the Fitbit HR surge.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiao...P_Product_Link&utm_campaign=EMSHP_Feed_369087

I'm using the garmin fenix 3 smart watch with inbuilt heart rate monitor. It has all the features and a customisable display. Battery lasts a week. To me this is the ultimate smart watch and I love it to death

Thank you for your help I finally settled for this

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just download a fitness app onto ur android smartphone,ur phone has gyroscope mechanical sensors that can detect footsteps and measure distance,no heart rate monitor though,build it gps with google maps that works anywhere,5 inch display,can make emergency calls in case u are lost in the middle of bumfuck nowhere,listen to music,read ebooks while walking,3g,4g.
There just saved u 300 bucks.

XiaoMi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just download a fitness app onto ur android smartphone,ur phone has gyroscope mechanical sensors that can detect footsteps and measure distance,no heart rate monitor though,build it gps with google maps that works anywhere,5 inch display,can make emergency calls in case u are lost in the middle of bumfuck nowhere,listen to music,read ebooks while walking,3g,4g.
There just saved u 300 bucks.

I have been using Endomondo app for a while have to say it met me need and its free. You are right iPhone or smart phones pack a punch with music, ebook, browsers etc etc. However as my need grew with my age and exercise regime and also the fact that a smart phone is cumbersome to carry around during exercise I began to look for a tracker.

Now that I have this tracker for "entertainment" I need to just carry my no brainer iPod when I exercise and its small.

Attachments

• endomondo-pebble-02.jpg
    endomondo-pebble-02.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 241