• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plastic surgeon Woffles Wu 'not spared because he's rich'

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I know what is character assassination. But I also know what is rule of law.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS

As a leading politician, you should know better than to quote this character assassination shit. It has nothing to do with the offence. So what if he is this or that?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
LAW MINISTER was the one who said WW did not provide particulars.......the buck stops there.
You think anything more will happen? I think kena toto first prize got higher chance.
hahaha...i believes the story has not ended and further actions/information will be cumming.....
difference in opinion.....let's move on.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS

As a leading politician, you should know better than to quote this character assassination shit. It has nothing to do with the offence. So what if he is this or that?

Bro, to be associated with the late President Ong is not character assassination.

I'm sure GMS knows all about character assassination. He has been the object of character assassination in this forum.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is even worse than that becuz WW did not do this once but twice over a period of time...deliberate intentional serial conduct to pervert the course of justice...this is no ordinary "silly mistake"...

high profile because the $1k fine and the time lapse from time of offence.
if kena normal sentence would not generate so much interests even though he is an elite.
Investigations on-going....wayang onli.....you believe?
LAW MINISTER was the one who said WW did not provide particulars.......the buck stops there.
You think anything more will happen? I think kena toto first prize got higher chance.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woffles Wu's cousin killed by Taliban

Thu, Aug 26, 2010
The New Paper

Victim is cousin of local surgeon Woffles Wu

THEY were cousins who met just once - eight years ago.

But the impression that Dr Karen Woo, 36, made on well-known local plastic surgeon, Dr Woffles Wu, 49, was an indelible one.

The 2002 meeting at Dr Wu's house in Singapore took place after his British cousin e-mailed him.

It was a happy first meeting, with the cousins animatedly discussing their medical aspirations and surgical careers.

However, they did not stay in touch beyond an e-mail or two after that initial reunion.

Tragically, they will not have another chance to become better acquainted.

Dr Wu found out his cousin, an aid worker, had died. She was shot dead by the Taliban in Afghanistan earlier this month.

The Briton was among 10 aid workers killed by gunmen in an ambush in a remote area of northern Afghanistan. They were robbed and killed, execution-style. The group had been mistaken for Christian spies, reported British newspaper the Daily Mail.

The BBC reported the group had been working with Christian charity, the International Assistance Mission, to provide medical care in the villages.

While Dr Wu declined to speak to The New Paper on his cousin's death, he wrote about her in a personal column in this week's issue of entertainment magazine, 8 Days.

"I was horrified and deeply saddened that such a young, noble and heroic life had been cut short just like that.

"I was devastated," he wrote.

In the piece, Dr Wu had also recalled his childhood, growing up in London. It was there he shared many fond memories with his uncle Bert, who would later became DrWoo's father.

But Dr Wu declined to reveal to The New Paper exactly how Dr Woo or his uncle were related to him.

Over the years, he found out that his uncle had married and had three children.

It was only in 2002, when Dr Woo dropped him an e-mailthat the two cousins linked up again.

She had written to him as she was about to become a surgeon and wanted his take on a career in that field.

The two arranged through e-mail messages to meet in Singapore at Dr Wu's house.

Dr Wu wrote: "When she came to our house, she was as delightful as she had sounded (in the) e-mail.

"She was tall and beautiful with long radiant hair and possessed a confidence and assured air about her. Her eyes sparkled and she was so vivacious.

"She seemed so caring and considerate to all around her."

The reunited cousins spoke for "many hours", on the pitfalls and rewards of a surgical career.

Dr Wu told her of his volunteer missions to Myanmar, Java and West Timor, to help children with cleft lips.

Dr Woo, in turn, shared her dreams of helping the poor. She also told him she was involved with a volunteer group which sent doctors to war-torn areas.

The two e-mailed each other subsequently and DrWu last heard that his cousin had qualified as a surgeon and was working in Britain. But they lost touch later.

So, it was a rude shock for Dr Wu when he found out about his cousin's death.

His text: "I did not know how to respond. I was absolutely numb."

Initially unable to reach his uncle despite calling, he trawled the Internet to find out more about his cousin.

He discovered, for instance, from a report in The Guardian that Dr Woo had left her well-paid position as an assistant medical director of private health-care firm Bupa at the end of last year, to go to Afghanistan.

From her blog, he read that she "was nearly penniless but was enjoying the satisfaction her new job brought her".

Marriage

Dr Woo was killed just days before she was about to marry a Mark Smith, who worked for a security firm in West London, on Aug 20.

Wrote Dr Wu: "How utterly and awfully tragic."

The online photographs of his cousin also affected him badly.

He penned: "Her beautiful face framed by a delicate shawl leapt out of the screen and looked as it did on the night she sat in my house having dinner."

Dr Wu managed to get in touch with Dr Woo's family recently - they had left their home to escape the media's attention.

His uncle rang him when Dr Wu was just about to board a plane in Seoul then.

He wrote regretfully: "How had we let 40 years slip away so rapidly? In that time, a beautiful woman had grown up and died.

"I reminded him of those old times and he laughed. And then he cried. And so did I. In the middle of the Seoul airport."

http://www.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew%2BPaper/Story/A1Story20100824-233641.html

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Woffles Wu's cousin killed by Taliban

when normal average joe kena some offence, the public prosecutor will keng until cant keng to use the most complex combo of penal codes to charge the person (unless he feel like give half ball, use only 1 or 2 penal codes). but in the process of the court proceedings, they will still push for the heaviest applicable punishment.

as for waffles, they miraculously found that he was abetting, that he didnt mastermind the idea of asking somebody to take the wrap for him, and a tiny little fine (worth a few sheets of tissue paper to him) sufficed.

our national pledge has become no value already. the justice & equality didnt exist.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Attachments

• sdf (FILEminimizer).jpg
    sdf (FILEminimizer).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal

After I read again Law Minister K Shanmugam's clarification media release,

1. Woffles is guilty of an offence punishable by section 204 in today interpretation according to his clarification.

2. Since section 204 is not enabled at the point of offence, the burden is now on Attorney General Chamber to find a equivalent section that existed then and take step for impartial re-trial.

3. Woffles Wu was wrongly charged with abetment. The dictionary defination of abetment is:
a. To approve, encourage, and support (an action or a plan of action); urge and help on.
b. To urge, encourage, or help (a person)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/abetment

In traffic offence, traffic police department would first issue a letter to the registered car owner asking to provide the particulars of the driver that drove the car during the time of offence. It could be another driver besides the registered owner, so the car owner has to do the necessary declaration. So how can there be abetting???

Last edited:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just watched "The Dictator" in the cinema starring Sacha Baron Cohen.
What he said near the ending of the movie is true.
Every sentence he said seems to took aim at sillypore.
Let me try to quote his words when it is available online.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just watched "The Dictator" in the cinema starring Sacha Baron Cohen.
What he said near the ending of the movie is true.
Every sentence he said seems to took aim at sillypore.
Let me try to quote his words when it is available online.
How come the film not banned or censored?

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doctoring Woffles Wu in the mood for fun

party_img1.jpg

[SIZE]Doctoring Woffles Wu in the mood for fun[/SIZE]

Hope AGC will start to play the music for Doctoring Woffles Wu to another mood for fun...

Notice MSM has been dead quiet despite the tremendous heat generated in cyberspace.
Why lawyer Choo Zheng Xi's articles in onlinecitizen were not mentioned or published?
This is in sharp contrast to how MSM reported Yaw-gate, every single lead from cyberspace was not missed.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guesss, must be his butler or secretary who acted on behalf.................and his mistake was not to check the information provide on his behalf by his personal administrators, due to his preoccupations.:confused::o

yes they are digging a hole by saying that WW did not provide the driver's particulars.....let's get the pop corn ready and see how they dig out of this hole...relac lah...the show has not ended.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My guesss, must be his butler or secretary who acted on behalf.................and his mistake was not to check the information provide on his behalf by his personal administrators, due to his preoccupations.:confused::o

so his butler or his secretary got mr kwan to volunteer to provide kwan's info without first informing WW?
hahahahha

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
hrikumar-sttzb.jpg

He is the extraordinary whistlerblower -PAP MP Hri Kumar:smile:

Any act to protect whistlerblower? We want more whistlerblowers, don't we?

Last edited: