• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plastic models anyone?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone noe if Tamiya have those Fokker Triplane / Sopwich Camel? Those WW1 planes?

or where got sell diecast one...i saw one at Kiels...but its not for sale..cos kiels dun sell die cast...its part of their store deco.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try calling Morgan hobbies at Katong or orchard store.

anyone noe if Tamiya have those Fokker Triplane / Sopwich Camel? Those WW1 planes?

or where got sell diecast one...i saw one at Kiels...but its not for sale..cos kiels dun sell die cast...its part of their store deco.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, milk milk type :p The wife used to man the store, I assume she is not in the store anymore?

4. Forgot Name ( 5th floor of Tiong Baruh Plaza. Escalator can't go up need to take the lift)
Nice collection of Gundum, 1/700 ships and 1/72 Hasegawa planes. They used to have a shop at Bishan but they moved to Tiong Baruh Plaza. Think the original boss sold the business away don't see him around anymore :( His wife very young and sexy :p

Bike_Tyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to know that there are still some guys into this hobby. I built mostly F1 cars. I got my kits (previously from Bugis Junction). Also from Tiong Bahru Plaza. Mostly, not much choice in Singapore, therefore prefer to buy online. HobbyLinkJapan is a great store, got most of the things I needed. Other than that is in UK or Italy. There is a local on-line shop "Mediamixhobby" which I bought quite a few kits from. No, you can't cash & carry even if it's local. They will ship to your home from, yes, Singapore.

My favourites are kits from Studio27 (1:20 scale) and Tameo (1:43). Tamiya make the best quality plastic kits and they are affordable, just that it really take years before they ever release another new kit.

Other than F1 cars, sometimes I do aircraft, particularly Russian jets. I like the "mysterious aura" about them. There's a Berkut jet with reverse wings which I really like and there's also the MiG31 Foxhound. Currently I stuck with the Tu-95 Bear bomber(1:144 scale). I have several unbuilt kits like the B1 bomber and the Short Skyvan, the 767 AWACS surveillence plane....and SR-75 Penetrator (look something like the SR-71 Blackbird)...etc

I don't think I can ever finish all my kits during this lifetime.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAPER Models Are The In Thing

6.jpg
21.jpg
24.jpg
26.jpg

Plastic ? Paper lah.

32.jpg
38.jpg
56.jpg
82.jpg

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think I can ever finish all my kits during this lifetime.

Very true, I always buy kits locally and overseas , store them in the locker and hoping to find time to build them. With work commitments, finding the time is the challenge

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually I build them in the late mornings and earily afternoons of the day as during the night my eyesight not that good and I hate to use the table light quite hot.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually I build them in the late mornings and earily afternoons of the day as during the night my eyesight not that good and I hate to use the table light quite hot.

Same issues with me, guess age is catching up; can't work without a magnifying glass and proper lighting , especially painting 1/35.

One correction to Miniature Hobby as stated in your first post, the MRT station should be Tai Seng & not Lorong Chuan.
I was looking for that building and driving in circles around Lorong Chuan MRT trying to find it. If not for your post, I would have no idea where they have relocated.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same issues with me, guess age is catching up; can't work without a magnifying glass and proper lighting , especially painting 1/35.

One correction to Miniature Hobby as stated in your first post, the MRT station should be Tai Seng & not Lorong Chuan.
I was looking for that building and driving in circles around Lorong Chuan MRT trying to find it. If not for your post, I would have no idea where they have relocated.

Oh I am so sorry :( All those new stations look alike guess I got to pay more attention to it sorry again :( Usually I take bus 158 but because there is no land mark there other than an MRT station so.....