• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pics: Sengkang Compass One mall Xmas Road Show Poor Business

obama.bin.laden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can show Punggol Waterway Point not doing any much better. Sell underwear n Citi Bank nothing to do w Xmas.

20171210_173732.jpg

20171210_180603.jpg

20171210_175525.jpg

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The photos of the malls reminds me of the malls in Batu Pahat and Muar. Same layout, same products but overpriced in Sing dollars, and the same bunch of poorly dressed ugly people walking around aimlessly. Yes we have gone from 1st to 3rd world quite quickly.

There are more christian melayus than christian chinese.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go queensway shopping centre, holland shopping centre and beauty world shopping centre. So classic and what a nice experience!

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go queensway shopping centre, holland shopping centre and beauty world shopping centre. So classic and what a nice experience!

holland is coming up with a new mini mall.hope they dont bring in the usuall kfc ,mcdonald,breaktalk.
my favorite shop in holland is LIM's

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can show Punggol Waterway Point not doing any much better. Sell underwear n Citi Bank nothing to do w Xmas.

20171210_173732.jpg

20171210_180603.jpg

20171210_175525.jpg

Punggol is in a shitty location. Why would its mall be crowded?

It's different from Jurong Point, where the mall is near the public transport hub that serves the factories, NTU, SAF camps and the 2nd link to jiuhu.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The shopping malls in singapore are like its HDB estates-they all look the same and have the same owners/tenants.
If you go to these HDB estates mall, you will find the shoppers are mostly locals (with low purchasing power) while the foreign talents Pinoy, Indian Ft's and PRC's prefer Orchard, Little India or Chinatown areas.
The most popular shop in the heartland malls would be Daiso -selling things at $2 and you find these supposedly world/1st class locals buying all the cheap stuff there while wondering when they will lose their jobs to foreigners.
Anyway most locals are not Christians and so why should they bother about X'mas?

The last part...Christians don't go to the malls just because it is Christmas.... The shopping malls here have the same mix of tenants, you go into one, you have been to one.

The planner have over built heartland shopping malls, for example, in Sengkang/Punggol/Hougang, within a 3km radius, go count, how many small, medium & large shopping malls?. Go survey, the tenants & the owners of the malls, plus the food court operators..the same, Kopitiam/Foodfare/Kofu etc.. the same type of food stalls...the shops Cotton On/Subways/Starbucks/Macdonalds/KFC/... Harvey Norman/Challenger/Courts..etc etc etc..

In addition to Daiso, you have Japan Homes, found almost in most malls & new one, I forgot the name...not to forget, Uniqlo too..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual the Makan places (sinkies are pigs who live to eat) will survive while the other retail will revolving door keep changing businesses and owners. Landlord still Huat until no one wants to rent.
Some innovative ones will do niche businesses like tuition or childcare and might sustain longer.
I recently went to Aperia mall and used to be quiet even though in city and recently imjected new lease of life with businesses targeting children.

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In comparison the Waterway Point at least got businesses renting the space vs Compass One vacant hall. Have to spend money decorat at losses. Fly kite Liao.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bring in some belly dancers n pole dancers and ask Zoe Tay to make an appearance. You will be surprised at the turnout.