• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Photo of the Day

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The New Singapore Army

20110327.131123_soldierbag430.jpg

200448_10150170961995783_190806675782_8720303_41125_n.jpg

:biggrin:

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
maid carry bag so what he serves NS le - Dr Paulin Tay Straughan

Aunty Paulin, firstly dun "Kay Ang Mo" with your name "Dr Paulin Tay Straughan "
Paulin.jpg

secondly, No NSmen in gen X can accept the fact that a fit soldier ask his maid to carry backpack. Maybe the good for nothing gen Y have this practice, but not the gen X

Mar 29, 2011
Let's be fair to our young soldiers who do their duty

YESTERDAY'S article suggests Singaporean youths may be getting soft ('He's in the army... but she has the backpack').

Given that the original photo posting was not contextualised, I found the corresponding article unhelpful and, more seriously, it trivialised Singaporean sons' important contributions to national defence.

If the photographer had really been interested in promoting good citizenship, he could have asked the recruit in question why he needed a helper to carry his backpack.

By posting the photo without context in a public forum, it invited unnecessary and unfair criticism of our youths.

What gains did we achieve from the posting? And more importantly, at what social cost?

The youth in contemporary Singapore are faced with tremendous challenges and they have to navigate through complexities which many adults did not have to face when they were younger. Instead of enforcing stereotypical imagery of a 'soft' generation, we should look seriously at the expectations that we have erected.

Aside from the advances in creature comforts, most of us must acknowledge that life is a lot more complicated and demanding in contemporary society than it was 40 years ago.

My son is a proud member of the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF). Through his experiences, I know that basic military training is tough, and this service to the nation is not at all easy.

Yet, each young man serves dutifully, diligently and with pride. From what I observe when I drop my son off at the Pasir Ris pick-up point, the SAF is a disciplined organisation, and each soldier is well-trained and upholds his responsibilities with quiet dignity.

It never fails to amaze me, come reporting time. One moment it is chaos as recruits and their family members mill around. The next moment, recruits from a platoon fall in, quietly and efficiently, and are ready to board the waiting bus.

Officers would alert their men, and within minutes, the entire platoon is set to go. When I observe this, I am filled with pride - not just for my son, but for all the young SAF soldiers.

These are the young people who will protect us in times of crisis. I have absolutely no doubt that my family and my nation are in able hands.

Dr Paulin Tay Straughan

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: maid carry bag so what he serves NS le - Dr Paulin Tay Straughan

Write so much crap.

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal

it would seem that this chow ang mo would gladly ask his maid to carry backpack for his son in future

"social cost"?

gimme a farking break!!!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Confirm is her son liao lah. She writing in to help lessen the impact first

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sounds like she's going to run for erection under the pap regime. Very porlumpahish.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sounds like she's going to run for erection under the pap regime. Very porlumpahish.

No lah U read the article carefully. She is one of those joker who super pamper the son

Yet, each young man serves dutifully, diligently and with pride. From what I observe when I drop my son off at the Pasir Ris pick-up point, the SAF is a disciplined organisation, and each soldier is well-trained and upholds his responsibilities with quiet dignity.

I think it's likely the person in the photo is the son that's why come out make so much noise to defend the Gu Niang

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Dr Paulin Tay Straughan

Paulin Tay Straughan

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Associate Professor Paulin Tay Straughan is an academic and Nominated Member of Parliament (NMP) in Singapore.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup>
She is an associate professor in the Department of Sociology at the National University of Singapore (NUS),<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup> where she is also the Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3]</sup>
She was appointed a Nominated Member of Parliament in July 2009.<sup id="cite_ref-3" class="reference">[4]</sup>
She was educated at the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus and Catholic Junior College, before going on to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology and statistics at the National University of Singapore. She then went on to the University of Virginia in the United States, where she earned a Master of Arts and a PhD in sociology. She has been teaching at NUS since 1991.<sup id="cite_ref-4" class="reference">[5]</sup>

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The New Singapore Army

my maid; from helping to carry my primary school haversack to my army fullpack. :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Why we need foreign talents in Singapore!

English knights fough with Vikings, french marauders and other scums

How about Sinkie "whore-iors"?

hi there

1. pussies and mama boys fight with toy soldiers and simulation mah!
2. mobile phones, ipad etc.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Write so much crap.

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. chin woman with ang mo name is trying to shield her precious pussy from such comment mah!
3. as if all nsmen did not do anything except such gen y pussies.
4. i bet catherine lim writes betterer than this fake ang mo woman.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Training to be soldiers - why must we serve? can we have our maids

Now you know why the Japanese have comfort women during WWII...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Training to be soldiers - why must we serve? can we have our maids

This maid become more famous than the lazy NS man.
Any gossip paper going to find out who is the maid .