• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Petition for Pinkie Loong to resign!

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about hold a protest in HLP asking LHL to resign and 100,000 people attend, peoples power?

Peoples Power? Therein lies the the difficulty of convincing sinkies that protesting against the evil and greedy government is not always a bad thing.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's how in Thailand. For abuse of power.

6 May 2014 Last updated at 07:39Share this page

Thailand PM Yingluck Shinawatra in court over abuse of power

_74653827_74653821.jpg
Ms Yingluck, who is facing several legal challenges, remains popular in rural areas
Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

Thailand's prime minister has appeared before the Constitutional Court in Bangkok to defend herself against allegations of abuse of power.

The complaint was filed by senators who said Yingluck Shinawatra's party benefited from improperly transferring her national security chief in 2011.
Ms Yingluck could be removed from office and banned from politics for five years if found guilty.

The decision is expected on Wednesday, the court said after the hearing.

Thailand has seen deadlock since anti-government protests began in 2013. The protesters, who are mainly urban and middle class, want Ms Yingluck's government replaced by an unelected "people's council".

In response, Ms Yingluck called a snap election in February which she was expected to win, but this was disrupted by the protesters and subsequently annulled.

'No benefit'The prime minister is also facing several legal challenges.

Earlier this year, a different court ruled that she had improperly transferred national security chief Thawil Pliensri in 2011.
He has since been reinstated, although he was originally appointed by the previous administration and has been openly critical of Ms Yingluck's government.

The Constitutional Court will decide whether his transfer violated the constitution.
"I deny the allegation... I didn't violate any laws, I didn't receive any benefit from the appointment," Ms Yingluck told the court on Tuesday.
She added that replacing Mr Thawil was for Thailand's benefit.

Ms Yingluck also faces charges of negligence over a government rice subsidy scheme which critics say was rife with corruption.
Her supporters believe the top courts are biased against her and the cases are an attempt by the elite to force her from office.
Last week, Ms Yingluck's government announced fresh polls on 20 July, but the opposition has rejected the date.

Anti-government protesters allege that Ms Yingluck's brother, ousted leader Thaksin Shinawatra, controls her administration and say Thailand's democracy has been corrupted by money.

Ms Yingluck and her Pheu Thai party remain very popular in rural areas, however, leaving Thailand deeply polarised.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's how in Thailand. For abuse of power.

6 May 2014 Last updated at 07:39Share this page

Thailand PM Yingluck Shinawatra in court over abuse of power

_74653827_74653821.jpg
Ms Yingluck, who is facing several legal challenges, remains popular in rural areas
Continue reading the main storyRelated Stories

Thailand's prime minister has appeared before the Constitutional Court in Bangkok to defend herself against allegations of abuse of power.

The complaint was filed by senators who said Yingluck Shinawatra's party benefited from improperly transferring her national security chief in 2011.
Ms Yingluck could be removed from office and banned from politics for five years if found guilty.

The decision is expected on Wednesday, the court said after the hearing.

Thailand has seen deadlock since anti-government protests began in 2013. The protesters, who are mainly urban and middle class, want Ms Yingluck's government replaced by an unelected "people's council".

In response, Ms Yingluck called a snap election in February which she was expected to win, but this was disrupted by the protesters and subsequently annulled.

'No benefit'The prime minister is also facing several legal challenges.

Earlier this year, a different court ruled that she had improperly transferred national security chief Thawil Pliensri in 2011.
He has since been reinstated, although he was originally appointed by the previous administration and has been openly critical of Ms Yingluck's government.

The Constitutional Court will decide whether his transfer violated the constitution.
"I deny the allegation... I didn't violate any laws, I didn't receive any benefit from the appointment," Ms Yingluck told the court on Tuesday.
She added that replacing Mr Thawil was for Thailand's benefit.

Ms Yingluck also faces charges of negligence over a government rice subsidy scheme which critics say was rife with corruption.
Her supporters believe the top courts are biased against her and the cases are an attempt by the elite to force her from office.
Last week, Ms Yingluck's government announced fresh polls on 20 July, but the opposition has rejected the date.

Anti-government protesters allege that Ms Yingluck's brother, ousted leader Thaksin Shinawatra, controls her administration and say Thailand's democracy has been corrupted by money.

Ms Yingluck and her Pheu Thai party remain very popular in rural areas, however, leaving Thailand deeply polarised.

Oh so we need strong court to be able to impeach, looks like no hope to do so, no wonder LHL was so arrogant knowing no impeachment possible.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh so we need strong court yo be able to impeach, looks like no hope to do so, no wonder LHL was so arrogant knowing no impeachment possible.

No we need a strong Constitution. Once that is achieved everything else will more or less fall into place.

Impeachment (弹劾权) is the people's weapon against despots and tyrants.

[video=youtube;Dwb1Mnpp3hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwb1Mnpp3hs[/video]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No we need a strong Constitution. Once that is achieved everything else will more or less fall into place.

Impeachment (弹劾权) is the people's weapon against despots and tyrants.

[video=youtube;Dwb1Mnpp3hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwb1Mnpp3hs[/video]

Interesting video, hahaha this sentence very applicable: 当权者对民众,只有口头上虚伪的爱。那种真诚、真挚的博爱,我们看不到啊!

So how do people activate this Impeachment (弹劾权) ?

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, I just tested it and discovered that this online petition can be easily rigged, i.e. just make up any e-mail address (and it doesn't even have to exist or be spelled correctly) that you can think of, type it in and "sign"; and then, keep repeating the process with different non-existent e-mail addresses as many times as you like. If I have nothing better to do, I could single-handedly add a hundred "signatures" in a few hours.