• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PEOPLE'S PARK COMPLEX UNCLES KENNA SUDDEN BYE-BYE. DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
a FRIEND TOLD ME OVER BREAKFAST THIS MORNING.

A few days ago, the whole maintenance crew of this complex were let off suddenly with no warning supposedly. Supposedly given benefits {retrenchments?} of around 4 months each.

All were old uncles in their 50s 60s 70s, some even working there for more than 40 years. Heard the newest one also worked for more than 10 years.

Supposedly replaced by new maintenance crew from 3rd party contract.

How are these old uncles going to find replacement jobs in today's climate?

Why fire or retrench them at times like this when they have been loyally working for you for decades?

This is Singapore today?

No heart.

All dollars and cents?

Really, my friend also dont know the real reason{s}.

Perhaps some LEEporters need to find out the reasons.

Mah Piu Po reporters should go in as your papers very popular in Chinatown and amongst these group of old uncles ie. if they have already not contacted you.

So the next time you go to PPComplex, gone are the old uncles in their dark blue T shirts fixing lights, aircon etc etc.

Another vanishing trade in Singapore's Chinatown.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Those uncles can now retire happy and sail off into the sunset thanks to the minimum sum scheme created by the PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People's Park Complex isn't what it used to be. Today it's infested with Tiong travel agencies, remittance agencies, visa agencies etc. Many parallels to Lucky Plaza.

Soul

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard a large stock exchange is going to do the same to their stockbrokers too by faking a company-sale to rid them.