• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People can still die from COVID-19 even if vaccinated and has no underlying medical conditions

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote: "Four of them were vaccinated, three were partially vaccinated and the remaining four were unvaccinated. All except one had underlying medical conditions..."

11 Singaporeans aged between 56 and 90 die of Covid-19; 3,703 new cases reported​

Singapore's Covid-19 death toll rose to 153 after 11 more people died from complications linked to Covid-19.

Singapore's Covid-19 death toll rose to 153 after 11 more people died from complications linked to Covid-19.ST PHOTO: SAMUEL ANG
wong_shiying.png

Wong Shiying

Oct 9, 2021

SINGAPORE - Singapore's Covid-19 death toll rose to 153 after 11 more people, aged between 56 and 90, died from complications linked to Covid-19, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Saturday (Oct 9).
This is the highest number of deaths reported in a single day.
Five were men and six were women, all Singaporeans.
Four of them were vaccinated, three were partially vaccinated and the remaining four were unvaccinated.
All except one had underlying medical conditions, MOH said in its daily update, without giving further details.
Among them was a 56-year-old who had been partially vaccinated against the virus and had multiple conditions.

Saturday was the 20th day in a row that deaths from Covid-19 were reported.
There were 3,703 new Covid-19 infections, MOH said, including 2,868 new cases in the community, 832 in migrant worker dormitories and three imported cases.
This is the fifth day in a row cases have exceeded 3,000 in Singapore, and there were 113 more infections than the previous day's 3,590.
The local cases include 611 people above age 60.
The total number of cases in Singapore now stands at 124,157.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The vaxxed ones are digitally tagged as the 'clean' people, and thus granted extra privileges.

It is this digital tagging that is the main objective.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
4+3=7

so 7 got the spike protein bioweapon jab vs 4 organic.
7 vs 3

Based on this stats, the vaccine is, confidently saying, totally useless.
You have to look at those numbers against the total population size of that group.

There are far more people vaccinated. Hence you would tend to see more deaths who happen to be vaccinated.

The unvaxxed group is much much smaller if anything in a very small population size of unvaxxed if the death rate is the same as per the vaxxed or even lower then you should see hardly any cases at all.

If the average numbers of deaths is the same per day in both groups it would point to a higher mortality rate per 100 or per 1000 population in the unvaxxed.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I 've said before. Whether you are vaccinated or not, it does not matter if you have underlying medical condition. There is a high chance that you will get seriously sick and die if you contract the Delta virus.

People think that the Delta virus is only more transmissible. In fact, it is not only more transmissible , it is also more deadly than the previous virus.

It is proven now even for those who are vaccinated with no underlying medical conditions, they can also get seriously sick and die.

I am not against re-opening up, but I am against rushing to open up without have done the due diligence on the impact of the Delta virus. I am for opening in phases when we have a good grasp of the Delta virus potency and transmission trajectory and implementing the appropriate measures to counteract against the virus spread trajectory. I think the high rate of vaccination has created a false sense of confidence in that it was thought to be able to keep the mortality rate very low. However, we still do not know if the vaccines has the same efficacy against the Delta variant.

Now, I think it is a little late to bring down the infection and death rate. We have to quickly adjust and consider damage control. If not, the Delta virus will continue to spread and grow in leaps and bounds especially so in densely populated Singapore.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11 dead.
4 fully vaxxed, 3 partially vaxxed.

But yeah let's protect the unvaccinated.

They (the 'experts') initially promised a herd immunity if 70% of the population got vaccinated. We are at 85% now, herd immunity leh? :biggrin:

Even if you are a devout true believer of those vaccines, you should at least have the honesty to acknowledge that the first two shots are inadequate, to say the least. So the kiasi ones should probably rush for the booster shots pronto, some old farts are getting booster'ed and testing water for you now. :cool:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some unelected infectious disease doctors who have the ear of the high command.

I know one of them wanted to up the rate to 90% and he obviously had a hand in what was
announced today. (no secret btw, was in the media)

It will be interesting to see how many allow themselves to be arm twisted by todays tyranny.

A part of me thinks most will resist...I'd like to think they didn't come this far for nothing.
Sadly, the ones who depend on a mall environment for employment are truly up against a wall
and may have no choice....I hope they'll choose a non-mRNA alternative.

However, I would never bet against the cravenness of the average Singaporean.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I 've said before. Whether you are vaccinated or not, it does not matter if you have underlying medical condition. There is a high chance that you will get seriously sick and die if you contract the Delta virus.

People think that the Delta virus is only more transmissible. In fact, it is not only more transmissible , it is also more deadly than the previous virus.

It is proven now even for those who are vaccinated with no underlying medical conditions, they can also get seriously sick and die.

I am not against re-opening up, but I am against rushing to open up without have done the due diligence on the impact of the Delta virus. I am for opening in phases when we have a good grasp of the Delta virus potency and transmission trajectory and implementing the appropriate measures to counteract against the virus spread trajectory. I think the high rate of vaccination has created a false sense of confidence in that it was thought to be able to keep the mortality rate very low. However, we still do not know if the vaccines has the same efficacy against the Delta variant.

Now, I think it is a little late to bring down the infection and death rate. We have to quickly adjust and consider damage control. If not, the Delta virus will continue to spread and grow in leaps and bounds especially so in densely populated Singapore.
Key points in Pinkie’s speech : 98.2% of vaccinated infected have no problem . There are 4000 deaths annually from normal influenza / pneumonia

we have never locked down for influenza/pneumonia. Or dengue . Or chicken pox

stay calm , vaccinate, and carry on marching towards normal

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It's not fool proof because Pfizer cheated on its effectiveness. 90% efficacy bullshit. Now to combat delta variant, you need another booster shot.
Best to just practice caution. Continue to mask and avoid crowded places unless necessary.

We are in uncharted waters. Until there are very few people being hospitalized and in ICU and dying from this disease then we can more safely relax precautions.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They (the 'experts') initially promised a herd immunity if 70% of the population got vaccinated. We are at 85% now, herd immunity leh? :biggrin:

Even if you are a devout true believer of those vaccines, you should at least have the honesty to acknowledge that the first two shots are inadequate, to say the least. So the kiasi ones should probably rush for the booster shots pronto, some old farts are getting booster'ed and testing water for you now. :cool:

There is no herd immunity in vaccination, only herd mentality when it comes to the MTM and their Yes-men trying to tackle the pandemic.

JustOneSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhai
People die even if they don't have Covid so what's the big deal?

Bhai,

Death Statistics by Cause in Singapore​

Total No. of Deaths20,90521,28221,446
% of Total Deaths
1.Cancer
[ ICD10 : C00-C97 ]
2.Pneumonia
[ ICD10 : J12-J18 ]
3.Ischaemic heart diseases
[ ICD10 : I20-I25 ]
4.Cerebrovascular diseases (including stroke)
[ ICD10 : I60-I69 ]
5.External causes of morbidity and mortality
[ ICD10 : V01-Y89 ]
6.Nephritis, nephrotic sydrome & nephrosis
[ ICD10 : N00-N07, N17-N19, N25-N27]
7.Hypertensive diseases (including hypertensive heart disease)
[ ICD10 : I10-I15 ]
8.Urinary tract infection
[ ICD10 :N39.0]
9.Other heart diseases
[ ICD10 : I00-I09, I26-I51]
10.Chronic obstructive lung diseases
[ ICD10 : J40-J44 ]
Notes:
The mortality tabulation list of the International Classification of Diseases 10th revision has replaced the 9th revision as the adopted code set for the derivation of causes of death, with effect from 2012
For data prior to 2012, refer to downloads
Refers to the top 10 causes of death only