• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pent up anger of a hermit singaporean

pepperholic

hi, just wanna relate an event that happened last sunday.

was on my way to church and as i have a very kiasu wife, we always made it a point to go early. we were more than 15 minutes early but upon reaching the church had found out that the carpark was already full. so we parked quite a distance away and from what i remembered, that was a mighty hot sunday.

walked all the way there and by the time we reached, we were just in time but the lower part of the church was already packed. had to climb quite a few flight of steps to the upper part and even then it was pretty packed. as i am old, fat and unfit, you can imagine the effort.

i don't know why but i just kinda snapped suddenly and was filled with anger. this church is situated in the east and therefore pinoys form a large part of the community. i know its wrong on my part to feel that way but i just could not help it when i recall the past whereby the ONLY FT in singapore were the malaysian factory workers, thai construction workers, the pinay maids, the jap engineers and maybe the handful of real angmoh FT who held the real impt posts of the big corps.

what i saw in the church were pinoy families with their clans and mind you i mean real clans which can put wudang to shame. i do realise that everyone have a right to make their lives better and for all these pinoy families its only the natural thing for them to come here for a comparative better life. so ultimately my anger was retrained back to the pappies policies again.

i am really upset that our country had come to this stage. told my wife how i felt later and she thinks i'm so pathologically anti pap that i become one of those crazy old men who even blame the pap when they have constipation.

i really miss those times years back when life is slower and the land is less crowded. sigh......

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m sure you are not alone. Many feel the same. The concept of a country, the sense of nationhood, a national identity that one can be proud is fast disappearing. Singapore is becoming a business centre. One wonders why anyone bothers even doing NS. There is nothing to protect or preserve.

The govt has lost control and now in desperation is asking people who have migrated to submit lengthy details on their background and the reasons for leaving the country.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Church, you cannot feel like that. Then you have to repent.
Everyone there is God's children.

You should have invited a few clans back to your house for some lunch cum karaoke session.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Church, you cannot feel like that. Then you have to repent.
Everyone there is God's children.

You should have invited a few clans back to your house for some lunch cum karaoke session.

I have invited quite a few, after church to cum, but the entire clan, I do not have the energy. I embrace them, as ordered by MY government.:biggrin: