• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pe 2011

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Tan Cheng Bok vs Tan Kin Lian

what a headache, who shall i vote for? :p:p:p

jw5

Loyal
I am going for TCB. If Walter Woon, Ho Kwon Ping or Lee Tzu Yang decide to come forward, then it will be someone not associated with the MIW previously.

WW is very pro establishment.
He has been known to make statement to the effect that the system in SG may not be used in other countries but it works for us. This is very similar to what pap bigshots would say.

He was also appointed AG, which essentially showed that he had the confidence of the pap government.

Yet, he has shown time and again to be an independent thinker with a conscience and lots of integrity.
He's a unique one, this chap and someone certainly worth considering for such an office (if he qualified).

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I won't mince my words: Tan Kin Lian is a media-whore, attention seeker and one ego-maniac. His blog seems to be his personal twitter account, and his postings make no sense, macam school boy rants.

I will void my vote this upcoming PE. But I may consider Tan Cheng Bock.

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
u 4got ah tony ...

dat cures ur headache, isnt it? ...
:p

Forget about traitor Tony. He betrayed the trust of sinkies with his education policies by allowing foreigners in on scholarships by the plane loads!

Sinkies will remember his betrayal for a long long time.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about traitor Tony. He betrayed the trust of sinkies with his education policies by allowing foreigners in on scholarships by the plane loads!

Sinkies will remember his betrayal for a long long time.

You've got your history wrong. It wasn't Tony Tan as education minister when foreign scholarships were awarded by planeloads. It began with Lee Yock Suan and fully fledged by Teo Chee Hean.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've got your history wrong. It wasn't Tony Tan as education minister when foreign scholarships were awarded by planeloads. It began with Lee Yock Suan and fully fledged by Teo Chee Hean.

Never mind about that, he didn't do anything to stop when he was in the cabinet. That means he is one of them!

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never mind about that, he didn't do anything to stop when he was in the cabinet. That means he is one of them!

You've also got your history wrong. He was out of cabinet during that period. By the time he returned to cabinet, the education policies, whether for locals or foreigners, were fully screwed, and his portfolio was anti-terrorist national security. Can't blame MSK on him too, for then he was out of cabinet again.

If you look at his history of in and out of cabinet, you can see that LKY and GCT valued him, but he didn't always agreed. Cabinet ministers are not supposed to disagree with each other, the only way of disgreement is to leave. This is not Singapore convention. In UK and elsewhere, it's the same. However, in UK and elsewhere, cabinet minister disagreements and resignations are invariably dramatized and sensationalized.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've also got your history wrong. He was out of cabinet during that period. By the time he returned to cabinet, the education policies, whether for locals or foreigners, were fully screwed, and his portfolio was anti-terrorist national security. Can't blame MSK on him too, for then he was out of cabinet again.

If you look at his history of in and out of cabinet, you can see that LKY and GCT valued him, but he didn't always agreed. Cabinet ministers are not supposed to disagree with each other, the only way of disgreement is to leave. This is not Singapore convention. In UK and elsewhere, it's the same. However, in UK and elsewhere, cabinet minister disagreements and resignations are invariably dramatized and sensationalized.

If he got elected, do you think he'll reveal anything when the public question the reserve and GIC/GLC? Will he bite the hands that fed him? Consider the fact that he was the GIC/GLC ex-boss.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I won't mince my words: Tan Kin Lian is a media-whore, attention seeker and one ego-maniac. His blog seems to be his personal twitter account, and his postings make no sense, macam school boy rants.

I will void my vote this upcoming PE. But I may consider Tan Cheng Bock.

You can count me in on this, but I won't want to vote for even a single one of them, they were fed by the same source. How can they slap the hand that feeds them? :p

jw5

Loyal
You can count me in on this, but I won't want to vote for even a single one of them, they were fed by the same source. How can they slap the hand that feeds them? :p

Yeah, u already said, u gonna draw a picture. :biggrin: