• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Patient seeks private treatment due to long wait at public hospital

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want a good discussion, you should provide details of your emergency and your conclusion that the hospital staff at the AE are not experienced. Then you said , luckily for you, the doctor on duty was an experienced doctor and your life was saved. And you again concluded that if you go to AE now, you will surely surrender your IC. It's full of contradictions. Your story filled with holes.Not a very credible one I must admit. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Which part contradict har?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Which part contradict har?

You started by saying hospital staff at A&E not experienced. You were lucky to have been treated by an experienced doctor who saved your life. Then you concluded that if you go now to A&E, you will surely die because the medical staff are not experienced . This is what I gathered from your story. If you think there are no contradictions in your story, it's okay with me.There is no need to prolong this. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to comment on your story.Thank you for sharing.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You started by saying hospital staff at A&E not experienced. You were lucky to have been treated by an experienced doctor who saved your life. Then you concluded that if you go now to A&E, you will surely die because the medical staff are not experienced . This is what I gathered from your story. If you think there are no contradictions in your story, it's okay with me.There is no need to prolong this. You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to comment on your story.Thank you for sharing.
hock long, me only o level. Unfortunately my England standard like this Nia. Show pappies never bother to listen to the peasants.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last time doctor work with consciences. Now are half fuck doctors. Get it?

How do you know doctors now do not have a conscience ? You believe all doctors in the past have conscience?

The public are now more educated, more knowledgeable and more vocal. Doctors have to be on their feet all the time. They cannot afford to make a mistake. Otherwise they will get sued.The hospitals will get sued. This does not mean that doctors do not have a conscience. We have very good doctors around. We have many kind, gentle and compassionate doctors in our hospitals. They work very hard to save lives. And they work in spite of all the scorn, contempt and ingratitude of their patients and care givers.I salute all doctors and I believe they are doing a great job!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hock long, me only o level. Unfortunately my England standard like this Nia. Show pappies never bother to listen to the peasants.
There is no need to be apologetic about what you have written. Who is this Hock Long you keep talking about? How do you know our Government do not listen to the people and all the feedback from the ground? We have a very compassionate and understanding Government. They listen to the ground.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If garberment listen. This thread won't have exist in the first place.

This is a far fetched conclusion. This thread is a result of a complaint. You find complaints in every Government and in every Ministry. It does not mean that the Government is not listening and not doing something.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, hospital a&e staff not experience. I was admitted for a&e. Luckily the doctor on duty got real experience to see my case as real emergency. Think if now I admit to a&e, surely surrender ic.

you should check out the a&e at NUH. their patient wait times have dropped significantly, amongst other good things.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a personal question. But I will tell you this: Yes I have been hospitalized before.
since u are Frank, me also Frank, me first admission is during ns. No go into details. I was lucky that I was able to see an experience duty doctor who make a decisio to operate me.

If now, same case, doctor will still be waiting cos too many urgent. Die die not their problem. Just their luck.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree.we have many good souls in this forum.

ive been watching the witch hunt chasing kopi. its scary, coz i'm actually afraid to post to you in case i stir up the hornets nest. my instincts tell me its better to avoid posting to you, but i made a conscious choice to override my instinct.

IMHO, all this smoke and mirrors, cloak and daggers is in danger of cracking the forum. and that is why i decided that truth is the only antidote to all this shenanigans.

*sigh* now waiting for all the paranoid ladies to strike. i don't blame them, its the nature of this place.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
since u are Frank, me also Frank, me first admission is during ns. No go into details. I was lucky that I was able to see an experience duty doctor who make a decisio to operate me.

If now, same case, doctor will still be waiting cos too many urgent. Die die not their problem. Just their luck.

Thank you for sharing.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ive been watching the witch hunt chasing kopi. its scary, coz i'm actually afraid to post to you in case i stir up the hornets nest. my instincts tell me its better to avoid posting to you, but i made a conscious choice to override my instinct.

IMHO, all this smoke and mirrors, cloak and daggers is in danger of cracking the forum. and that is why i decided that truth is the only antidote to all this shenanigans.

*sigh* now waiting for all the paranoid ladies to strike. i don't blame them, its the nature of this place.

thank you mr lim.
it is okay. i am actually a very ordinary and harmless singaporean with no strings attached.
this witch hunting and lynching have been going since day one when i appeared although i have been here for a very long time.

thank you for sharing. but the unique thing about this forum is that you get anything from anybody.but i still believe very strongly that
truth will prevail in the end with no harm done to anyone. some people are getting too serious about this IB stuff...to me this is a fun forum.

thank you...

simonsoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is not a single country in the world where the public system does not have long waiting lists. If the looney anti PAP brigade thinks that voting the PAP out in 2016 is going to solve this problem, they are even more stupid than I first thought.

genuine question: other country their public health system got so expensive like NUH or SGH? their cost also quite close to private fees i heard...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kopi and Bryan. Let's stick to topic, healthcare. On clones, many bros here can share. Now let's not derail important discussion. Let's start with cpf and medisave.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All bros, feel free to contribute. Yes, healthcare not easy, but surely Singapore can do better.

It hurts to hear from a sinkees 'die better than sick.' Heard many times.

Come on, life is beautiful. How can a normal being say. Die better than sick.

Discuss. Please.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
All bros, feel free to contribute. Yes, healthcare not easy, but surely Singapore can do better.

Discuss. Please.

the cost of living is too high, hence "die better than sick"
healthcare is about our philosophy towards life, and we have devolved into survival of "those who can afford it"
i look forward to the upcoming changes to medishield to extend universal coverage to all.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Death is part of life,,deal with it,,,we all have to go,,and the problem with mankind is people are living too long due to medical advances,,,euthanasia, AMDs etc should be more readily available. i find it ironic that many here advocate support for vegetables or badly disabled people. These people suffer a fate worse than death and left wing liberal bleeding heart assholes want to prolong their agony...

In ang mor lands,,the rumour is Euthansia is illegal cos if it is legal, heaps of civil serpants and welfare dept people will be out of work,,on top of that, ICUs, medical companies etc will see their income drop by half and cant sell their expensive bullshit.

Its the life of the human being and the quality of life, not life for its own sake,,heaps of problems with poverty etc lies in too many people too few resources...the sooner we accept the fact, the sooner practical policies can be enacted to deal with it.

the truth hurts but fact is fact...eventhough its politially incorrect to say such things.

Death before disability,

Discuss. Please.

Last edited: