• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Passenger boards taxi in S'pore and tells cabby to go to 'Ten N': Make a guess where

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a list of strange instructions to give cabbies, this probably ranks somewhere on top.

Beh Chia Lor has published a screenshot showing a conversation between a passenger and a cabby in Singapore.

According to the screenshot, the passenger informed the cabby that he or she wanted to go to 'Ten N'.

The cabby was bewildered with the request and said that he had not heard of the place.

The passenger insisted that Ten N was a famous place in Singapore.

As it turns out, Ten N is actually Ion Orchard, as a netizen smartly pointed out.

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Passenger boards taxi in S'pore and tells cabby to go to 'Ten N': Make a guess wh

If you still don't get it, separate the letters 'Io' and 'n' in Ion and there you have it, Ten N!

Being a creative bunch Singaporeans came up with their own renditions as well as recollections of mispronounced places in Singapore.

Said netizen Russell Arik Aziz:

"OMG! I still remember an ex colleague who pronounced the word IMM (imm) instead of saying it I.M.M. I literally choked!!"

Quipped a Jeremy Lim:

"Taxi Uncle shared with me that he had a passenger ask him to go to yemkar hotel, turns out it was YMCA being pronounced as a word."

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Passenger boards taxi in S'pore and tells cabby to go to 'Ten N': Make a guess wh

This is what happened when you bring in too
Much unwanted foreigner shits.

They simply destroyed Singapore.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

very interesting.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkies mispronounce names and places and cause americans to chuckle too. it's common in world travel.

Cheecheongfu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Try to pronounce French names.

People will laugh. Haha.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bloody Aliens

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

all cabbies will know if any passenger says "bring me to that cheebye place" and they'll ask if it's pisang lane, desker, or geyland, as they'll know the shortest route by heart. heck, some of the lau jiaos (like krafty) may even bring you to a forested area in woodlands if you tell dem your lower budget.
as for the newbie drivers like grab / uber, be prepared for some delay as they have to use gps wan :wink:

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

i remember some ah beng taxi cunt taking a passenger to orchard road when he was clearly told hoe chiang road….go figure

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... According to the screenshot, the passenger informed the cabby that he or she wanted to go to 'Ten N'.

The cabby was bewildered with the request and said that he had not heard of the place.

The passenger insisted that Ten N was a famous place in Singapore ...
cabby lucky din tink passenger got pronunciation problem n brot him/her 2 10 kkj ...