• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parents' hardship: My 19yr old child has no friends, zero friends.

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im posting on behalf of my elder uncle who has a child who is 19yo, the child is suffering from mental disorders as diagnosed and certified by doctors. Has zero friends, zero buddy of any sort. No friends nobody to share things with. Due to her mental disorders, she has troubles establishing friendship or making friends with others, don't know small talk or chit chatting. What advices do you guys have? She is working at a shopping mall. Doing those entry level low level jobs. Makes abt 1.1k to 1.2k, because she didnt choose long hours jobs. Only 6hours a day, 5days a week. ..

Point to note, she is not a YP, she has no delinquency or anything. Parents are also lawful citizens, been around her giving her support and cooking meals for her.

Please do not contribute any crudeness or dirty jokes. Kindly help to contribute good thoughts or you can just read this thread and keep quiet if you only have nasty words to gloat on others.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...hild-has-no-friends-zero-friends-6422980.html

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
A couple of points KNN
1. Depending on what kind of mental disorder KNN if is @ginfreely kind then no hope KNN for certain kind still got cure KNN
2. My uncle think if still can work not too bad KNN many autistic child cannot even work and also no friend KNN
3. Working 6hrs per day for 5d at 1.2k actually is not bad pay KNN

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let her try out at Iron Nori? Not sure about the working hours but F&B seems like a more viable and sustainable route for this 19 year old.
will she be safe with kitchen knives, flames on range top, and hot scalding water?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Iron Nori is a “social enterprise” that helps the youths with special needs, hopefully there’s something to work along this pathway.
most of the unkers here will have other ideas, such as “can eat don’t waste”.:laugh:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In another few years, these 2 Malay young men future will be much better compared with Singapore malay who work as grab food delivery and car washers at the petrol stations

Tay Fook Yuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im posting on behalf of my elder uncle who has a child who is 19yo, the child is suffering from mental disorders as diagnosed and certified by doctors. Has zero friends, zero buddy of any sort. No friends nobody to share things with. Due to her mental disorders, she has troubles establishing friendship or making friends with others, don't know small talk or chit chatting. What advices do you guys have? She is working at a shopping mall. Doing those entry level low level jobs. Makes abt 1.1k to 1.2k, because she didnt choose long hours jobs. Only 6hours a day, 5days a week. ..

Point to note, she is not a YP, she has no delinquency or anything. Parents are also lawful citizens, been around her giving her support and cooking meals for her.

Please do not contribute any crudeness or dirty jokes. Kindly help to contribute good thoughts or you can just read this thread and keep quiet if you only have nasty words to gloat on others.

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...hild-has-no-friends-zero-friends-6422980.html

You cannot expect a reasonable amt of constructive advice without divulging the EXACT mental disorders. Some mental disorders are hereditary, such as depression (certain types. Yes, there are many types), schizophrenia, etc.

At 19 years old, better impart life skills such as doing laundry, how to pay bills online, cooking, doing household chores, etc. Imagine if the parents are gone and she has ZERO knowledge how to do even 1 of the above mentioned.

Earning 1.1 -1.2K is sufficient for now. But better learn a new viable skill before it's too late. I am speaking with personal experience carrying a whole host of complications mentioned. It's a do or die thing, because I am a man. This young lady better learn something in case she cannot find a suitable partner in the future. It is mentally exhausting to take care of a mentally invalid, let alone letting a mentally invalid taking care of themselves.

As for the social part, it is only a secondary issue. How can one make friends if she doesn't even know how to get her own affairs in order?

Tay Fook Yuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iron Nori is a “social enterprise” that helps the youths with special needs, hopefully there’s something to work along this pathway.

The best training always starts from home

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

The best training always starts from home

Indeed start from home.

They should hire a maid to be her friend at home.

Tay Fook Yuen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maid more value for money. Pets don't cook meals, wash clothes, wash cars, mop floors, wash toilets

LOL! True, sorry i have a twisted sense of humour. In an ideal world, best to have both. My pet helps me a lot emotionally. She needs to take care of her own affairs period. An idle mind is a devil's workshop

a_korusawa

Alfrescian
Loyal
besides looking into bread & butter, kindly include nourishments in soul!

i sincerely suggest you unker get her involved in:
- music in the form of hands-on such as guitar, guzhen, keyboard etc.
calm her mind & soul from the daily buzzles & hassles; this will bring up her serene mindset to curb with all difficulties in life

- get her involved with support groups in charity, welfare or religious etc.
she will garner strength & confidence when she finds herself capable of helping others, bringing happiness

- arts like paintings, poems, motivational articles & books
she may develop writing/painting regardless whatever standards - a form of expressing herself ie. confidence, self-dignity and so on

rest will come for her in good nature and blessing . . . be it soulmates or friendships, or bigger soul of hers than yours & mine!
hope this helps

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

are u talking about your kid? Be honest.