• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP's New Astor 30 Missile Defence System Now Ready!! Can Kill Flying Oppies Up To 70 km Away! Oppie Samsters Now Scared?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aster%2030%20(2).png

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s next generation air defence system, the Aster 30 Medium-range Surface-to-Air missile (MSAM), has achieved full operational capability status, the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) announced on Wednesday (Nov 29), just over three years after it was first deployed.

The Aster 30, which has stood up for 24/7 air defence operations since August 2020, is an all-weather, next-generation, ground-based missile system that is able to counter a wide spectrum of air threats, ranging from fighter aircraft, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles to precision-guided munitions.

It is also able to intercept air targets further than the I-HAWK air defence missile system it has replaced.

“In 2020, we were in the midst of transitioning from the I-HAWK to Aster 30 amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, all the while maintaining I-HAWK for 24/7 peacetime air defence,” said Major Graci Wong, the commanding officer of the Republic of Singapore Air Force's (RSAF) 163 Squadron.

"Since then, we have successfully transitioned over fully to Aster 30 for 24/7 peacetime air defence and have trained our NSmen who were previously operating the I-HAWK on the old system."

4319ddfd-dcc3-49ca-b139-faa9a294a6a4.jpg

commanding_officer_163_sqn_major_graci_wong_.jpg

Developed in France, the Aster 30 missile system is able to engage fighter aircraft up to 70km away and at an altitude of up to 18km. At 5m long and weighing 450kg, an Aster 30 missile can fly up to Mach 4.5, or four-and-a-half times the speed of sound.

As part of RSAF’s Island Air Defence (IAD) system, the Aster 30 is integrated with other advanced sensors, shooters, and command and control systems in the IAD system to provide a multi-layered, networked and intelligent air defence round the clock islandwide.

In addition, the missile system can draw on information from other sensors in the IAD network to counter air threats effectively and timely, while also capable of engaging multiple air threats simultaneously at a longer range and with greater precision.

aster_30.png

Highlighting the Russia-Ukraine war in Europe and the Israel-Hamas conflict in the Middle East, Senior Minister of State for Defence Heng Chee How said on Wednesday it is "imperative" that Singapore takes its air defence seriously.

On Saturday, Ukraine said Russia launched 75 drones at it overnight, adding that it was the biggest such attack since the start of the invasion in February 2022.

“With so much geopolitical turbulence in the world, it is imperative that Singapore takes our defence and air defence evermore seriously," said Mr Heng at a ceremony officiating the Aster 30’s full operational capability status.

"As the range of threats continue to evolve, it is important that the RSAF induct more capable systems to match. As Singapore lacks geographical depth, the use of the Aster 30 missile system is particularly apt.

“I have every confidence that (the RSAF) will live up to the trust that Singapore and Singaporeans repose in it, as it builds and keeps strong for the challenging times ahead.”

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...-system-fully-operational-mindef-rsaf-3953396

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Should just scrap the Army leave it with just SOTF, Navy, Air Force to save costs and throw those loser regulars to public transport

War will be won by ground troops, not air power. But air power can greatly reduce our casualties.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Op_het_White_Sands_oefenterrein_in_de_Verenigde_Staten_van_Amerika_staat_een_Hawk_launcher_(21...jpg

The dinosaur I-Hawk missile system looks more beautiful and impressive. The Aster-30 is fucking ugly.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF the joke army keeps wasting money on weapons that have never been used nor will it ever be used.

It would be tremendously costs effective to have just 5 nukes and delivery system.