• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee Dog: MRT Under Utilized, So Need to Squeeze More Into It!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peak-time crowd
'SMRT should run more trains.'
MR ANDREW SEOW: 'Although trains arrive at three-minute intervals, they are still jam-packed during the morning peak time. SMRT should run more trains in the morning in view of the surge in train ridership. I note that west-bound trains are packed to capacity by the time they reach Eunos station. Every work day, many commuters are left on the platform as they are unable to board the overcrowded trains. Those who squeeze in and stand at the entrance have nothing to hold on to.'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with Mr Andrew Seow. There is a need to increase train frequency. I think, last month, a writer of an online forum article raised a valid concern which is, packed trains may facilitate the spread of diseases. What struck me the most about that particular article were the unkind and irrelevant comments directed at the writer, instead of the article. Some may think train passenger load has not reached its capacity. This is not so true especially during peak hours, as concurred by Mr Seow. Now, there are even staff members stationed at platforms urging train passengers to move towards the centre. I doubt train frequency will increase based on this letter. Anyway, let’s wait and see what Bernadette Low has to say. I am quite sure Bernadette will be quick to emphasize that trains come every 2 min during peak hours. Is it frequent enough?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Mr Andrew Seow. There is a need to increase train frequency. I think, last month, a writer of an online forum article raised a valid concern which is, packed trains may facilitate the spread of diseases. What struck me the most about that particular article were the unkind and irrelevant comments directed at the writer, instead of the article. Some may think train passenger load has not reached its capacity. This is not so true especially during peak hours, as concurred by Mr Seow. Now, there are even staff members stationed at platforms urging train passengers to move towards the centre. I doubt train frequency will increase based on this letter. Anyway, let’s wait and see what Bernadette Low has to say. I am quite sure Bernadette will be quick to emphasize that trains come every 2 min during peak hours. Is it frequent enough?

You agree, and yet you do not know the operational process of how the train moves and how to keep track so that accidents and breakdown can occur.

Obvious you dont take enough train rides to feel how its like when trains have to stop in mid track when the train infronty has not moved on.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You agree, and yet you do not know the operational process of how the train moves and how to keep track so that accidents and breakdown can occur.

Obvious you dont take enough train rides to feel how its like when trains have to stop in mid track when the train infronty has not moved on.

And it's obvious u're BLIND to the root cause of the problem despite claiming to possess clear eyes.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reducing Foreign Trash solve all conjestion problem.

Better solution is to vote more opposition into parliament.

Spore got so many problems that only way to fix things is from the top-down. It's no use fixing things from the bottom as there's too much deadwood & vested interests at the top :rolleyes:

Papititis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously your eyes, brain and fingers are laced with cum.:oIo:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously your eyes, brain and fingers are laced with cum.:oIo:

if you have nothing practical, objective or proper to put up, you do not need to show the world how foul you actually can be.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Implement like EAP la. During peak hour public transport BUS/MRT fare extra 50cent/ride. Taxi already have peak hour charge so I think BUS/MRT should do the same.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what is the root of the problem???????

The root cause is that our infrastructures are not able to cope with the current level of population. Hospitals are also over-stretched and housing are inadequately provided to meet the increase in population.