• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP will fight for Singaporeans' future'

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
limboonheng.bt.jpg

THE People's Action Party (PAP) chairman Lim Boon Heng said on Monday that a key issue that the party will fight the coming election on is the kind of future Singaporeans want for themselves and their children.

'Given the environment surrounding Singapore and the competition it faces, what kind of future do we want?' he said at the unveiling of the party's third batch of candidates at the PAP headquarters on Monday afternoon.

Responding to reporters' questions on the PAP's manifesto for the coming election, he said it would be released 'in due course'.

In the 2006 election, the manifesto was released on April 15, three weeks before polling day on May 6.

The latest new faces include the first Malay-Muslim candidate and the youngest PAP candidate among the total of nine introduced so far.

The trio are Mr Zainal Sapari, 46, an educator; Ms Tin Pei Ling, 28, an Ernst & Young consultant; and Mr Gan Thiam Poh, 48, a banker with DBS.

Mr Lim said the PAP is renewing its mandate with a younger slate of candidates, adding: 'We have combed thoroughly and we believe we have a slate that will be difficult to match.

'We cast our net wide in the search for new candidates, reaching out to all sectors of society. We look for not just persons who are able but also committed to serve, who want to make a better life for people.'

Such a broad-based approach will ensure 'robust debate within the party on policies that affect the lives of Singaporeans,' said Mr Lim.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They better be fighting for our future but my instincts tell me they'll fight even harder for their own futures and that of their own family members.:rolleyes:That's to be expected. But then again, WP, RP, NSP SDP etc will all say the same thing!:biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MarrickG;686109 'We cast our net wide in the search for new candidates said:
March ending soon. Is this the joke of the month from a useless minister doing FO in PMO? MIW serve themselves and their families. Cronies too.
Robust debate? Wtf! More like groupthink to me. Very seldom you hear any of the MIW disagreeing with their ministers. If happened, more wayang than real.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
They better be fighting for our future but my instincts tell me they'll fight even harder for their own futures and that of their own family members.:rolleyes:That's to be expected. But then again, WP, RP, NSP SDP etc will all say the same thing!:biggrin:

Singapore $800, Ministers - 8 mths bonus.